• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All The Stations - project to video every British Railway Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I think there is space for an "All the Stations" featuring purely on the actual journey and what it's like to be a traveller on the network in 2017, and a Vlog of visiting some more obscure places of Britain in 2017.

I think the current blend of both works in some videos like the S&C one, but not in others.

Good luck to them though. It's not a feat I'd like to do in one season, especially while making a video.

Established Member
And is really good. They are at their best with these more focused videos.

Indeed however putting it bluntly some lines and stations are not actually that interesting so focusing on the places they actually serve is maybe not a bad thing sometimes.

dcsprior

And the Asda the station is built behind, it being a new station when they reopened the line, is on the site of what was when I were a lad the Skol brewery.

Alloa used to have lots of Breweries, now there all gone.

Whilst the big old breweries in Alloa are indeed now closed, there is at least one brewery operating there today: Williams Bros (and rather nice some of their beers are too)

Barn

Established Member
I think it's pretty good, and the episodes are certainly very watchable. My wife likes it, which is a nice surprise.

I would have liked to have seen more tours of stations themselves, though. Not necessarily in the same level of detail as Geoff's "Least Used" series but, given the name of the series, it would have been nice to point the camera around major stations like Bristol Temple Meads, York, Birmingham New Street, etc and show off the architecture and layout a bit more.

ScottDarg

Looks like they picked up 2C34 1239 Milngavie to Cumbernauld at Motherwell based on the time they posted a video of Coatbridge Central.

They've also spotted the final Carmine & Cream 318 already.

Last edited:

ScottDarg

Which is a rare enough spot at the best of times. I wonder if its their aim to stay in Glasgow overnight and return Eastwards tomorrow early via Shots and Breich with its 2TPD?

Maybe, they're now on the Whifflet line so looks like they're knocking out some of the Glasgow suburban network today so might end up doing an overnight in Glasgow.

At a guess, they're aiming to do Dalmuir via Singer first then backtrack via Clydebank. That's assuming they don't switch at Glasgow Central.

EDIT: They've changed at Glasgow Central.

I've just been and watched a Facebook Live they did from Kirkwood. The plan is to do Glasgow-Edinburgh and back again to finish in Glasgow today. I reckon they'll do Queen St - Edinburgh and pick up Breich this evening on the Edinburgh - Glasgow via Shotts train.

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Looked like they picked up Breich this evening, either walking or getting a taxi/bus there.

Not all plain sailing as I judge by a Twitter post they boarded the wrong train and missed out on the 3 stations between Glasgow & Paisley

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
When I was in Huddersfield the other day I overheard a lad mention the all the stations project to his girlfriend, whilst both were waiting for the bus. By the sound of it, I think both were intrigued that some stations are that lightly used.

Kite159

Veteran Member
They must have got lucky with a day where the 37 wasn't running hopelessly late or cancelled due to a fault with the DBSO :lol:

w0033944

I've cooled on it a bit but I think that's more for reasons of endurance and the fact that every area I actually know has been covered.

That pretty much sums-up my feelings. I do think their videos have become slightly more about them of recent weeks, with the notable exception of a superb episode on the S&C.

route101

Established Member
They were in Ayrshire yesterday , though they didnt do Stranraer line .

davido39

All the stations...yet not all of em. Many stations and routes have been missed in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.