• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNER 373

Hi all,

My application to become an RPI has been accepted and I am to attend an assessment next Wednesday (19th).

In my acceptance letter it states that the assessment could last up to four hours, which is no problem. I am swotting up on the practice test papers I received with my letter which is a good insight into what to expect on the day.

However, other parts of the day I'm not 100% about. The letter states the following:

1. Team Exercise
2. Station & Ticket Verbal Test
3. Ticket Selling & Checking Test
4. Interview

The practice test papers I have are basically for points 2 and 3 and it doesn't take much thought to work out number 4, but I'm stumped for ideas on the
1st one. My thoughts on Team Exercise are possibly dealing with different issues that could arise on any given day with different people playing roles perhaps? The mind boggles....

What I'd like to know has anyone taken these type of tests and what am I to expect? Did you pass or fail? What should I be wary of?

Any replies, advice or insight would be amazing and thanks for your time to read this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
I'd be interested to know about number two as I haven't come across this one before. Is this basically another verbal comprehension test where you have to digest paragraphs of information?

GNER 373

Hi SteamPower,

The whole day went really well, I passed all of the tests taken and made it through the the testing and selection process to be one of only four to take part in the interview stage (out of 9 that took part). I was also the only external candidate to make it that far too which I hope helped my cause a little. Was it what I expected? Yes and No but I'd done extra preparation to help my chances. Now Im just waiting to hear whether I've been successful or not, hoping to hear back by tomorrow (Monday). The process itself was really enjoyable, the XC staff were really welcoming. The job itself sounds amazing and I really really hope Im offered the position. Keeping everything crossed! I'll update when I know

Thanks

GNER 373

Kentucky Tony,

Me too! I've literally done all I can now just hope it was good enough!

Thanks for your kind wishes!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yey!

Been offered the Part Time position of RPI for XC subject to a medical! Begin training in November!

Happy days!

whhistle

On Moderation
Well done.

This also shows others that just because there are internal people there, doesn't mean you as an external candidate have no chance. All bets are off, so they say!

GNER 373

Well done.

This also shows others that just because there are internal people there, doesn't mean you as an external candidate have no chance. All bets are off, so they say!

Absolutely!

I hope my success will help anyone else thinking of making the leap into the Railway Industry less daunting, as long as you want it enough you'll not go far wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.