• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ruby

Hi folks, I heard the NXG depot is quite short staffed but I know they recruited recently. Any chance they will be recruiting again soon?

TTDARL

Hi folks, I heard the NXG depot is quite short staffed but I know they recruited recently. Any chance they will be recruiting again soon?

NXG are loosing a lot of driving staff currently due to the sheer intensity of driving, (lots of time in the driving seat) lots of driving on red and yellow signals, lots of stop start driving, busy suburban & metro DOO style driving. Very easy to have incidents. Not too dissimilar to the NLL line also. But that’s why ARL drivers are on over £62500. The company are getting their money’s worth but from a business point of view it’s understandable. ARL has long been known as a training TOC, then drivers move to other TOCS to work closer to home, or to get mainline / high speed experience etcetc.

LDN1

Hi Guys, I heard from Arriva the outcome of my result.

I failed the first stage of assessment.

Group Bourdon Test : Passed
TEA-OCC : Fail
DFFT : Pass
SJT : -

I really don't understand why they don't say anything for SJT.

When I took my TEA-Occ there was a meeting held next door and the walls are not sound proofing I got distracted and told the assessor in directly. Do you think I can make a complaint?

Thanks

mresh91

there was a meeting held next door and the walls are not sound proofing I got distracted and told the assessor in directly. Do you think I can make a complaint?

Indirectly how? Did others happen to feel the same way about the noise from next door?

It sucks to not have passed, but I would advise against complaining, and if 6 months down the line you're in the same position again, voice your objection clearly to the assessors as they are there to maintain a fair testing environment for everyone.

Stigy

Established Member
Hi Guys, I heard from Arriva the outcome of my result.

I failed the first stage of assessment.

Group Bourdon Test : Passed
TEA-OCC : Fail
DFFT : Pass
SJT : -

I really don't understand why they don't say anything for SJT.

When I took my TEA-Occ there was a meeting held next door and the walls are not sound proofing I got distracted and told the assessor in directly. Do you think I can make a complaint?

Thanks
Sorry to hear. The reason they won’t say about the SJT is because there’s no pass/fail alone. The results are used in conjunction with your MMI you’d have at the second stage.

SGD5891

Got a pal who didnt get through stage 1 of the assessments days with ARL back in may 21st, he wants to have a go again, but my question is, is it 6 months from when he applied (Nov 2018) or when he failed (May 2019). Seems like he will miss this years recruitment and endd up having to apply next year...

Manny

Hi the trainee driver job positions has come up.again at willesden Junction and new cross, does anyone have the answers to the screening questions on the job application pls

SpamHammer

Hi the trainee driver job positions has come up.again at willesden Junction and new cross, does anyone have the answers to the screening questions on the job application pls

There aren't 'wrong' and 'right' answers. It's to build a picture of your personality type. You're either what they're looking for or you aren't. Forget about trying to fake your way through, you get found out eventually and will have wasted your time.

DMcq2010

I doubt you will closing date isnt until the 20th plus its a weekend. All i got back was a confirmation email confirming interest.

SGD5891

Anyone heard back since completing the online application? Thank you
Not too dishearten you too much but i applied last year November and the 1st i email i received was to invite me to stage 1 assessment date in may this year. Not sure if this time around will be quicker but i wouldn't hold out on hearing anytime soon. Its a ling old process....

lmack95

Not too dishearten you too much but i applied last year November and the 1st i email i received was to invite me to stage 1 assessment date in may this year. Not sure if this time around will be quicker but i wouldn't hold out on hearing anytime soon. Its a ling old process....

Hi congratulations on passing all your tests, I was just wondering for stage 1 how did you prepare for the tea occ ? I feel confident with the gb and dfft but I haven't done any practice for the tea occ so that is the test that I am most worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.