• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theooboy

ok mate, Thanks. I feel confident with the psychometrics, only so much you can do at home, just have to nail it on the day. the only thing that slightly worries me is the MMI. I have seen on another thread that its more or less the same questions, but seen as you have done it, can you remember if it was the same 6 questions OR was it any 6 questions out of a list of questions that I have added in the photos.....

<:D
I can’t remeber exactly what questions there were but I do recognise some for example i defo got
A role similar to train driving there was also a question about achieving something (greatest achievement)
Emergency procedure
Working under pressure
Rules and procedures
And if I can remember something along the lines of falling something and overcoming it
Good luck if you get to the MMI umm I would say always relate it to you life experiences defo use STAR so you have structure if you lie and start waffling they’ll start picking you out asking you extra questions they can defo tell

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SGD5891

Passed all my psychometrics yesterday including VSE. waiting on MMI results so thanks for everyones help..........

Theooboy

Just been offered a position at NXG subject to medical and references over the moon good luck to everyone still going through the process :)

SGD5891

Got the phone call today being offered a start date for 5th August at NXG , along with theooboy, excitting times now...

yomper11

Hi,

I went for my stage one today, I thought most of it was straight forward, and some was a lot easier than the test material ( GB , TEA oCC ) however the DFFT was more in depth, I didn't think that the OPC' s staff timings were correct as the 15 mins allotted for 15 questions went by far too quickly.

I got to question 9.5 of 15 and then it stopped, no one else in the group got past 9 with many hitting only 7 or 8, is this normal ?

Stigy

Established Member
Hi,

I went for my stage one today, I thought most of it was straight forward, and some was a lot easier than the test material ( GB , TEA oCC ) however the DFFT was more in depth, I didn't think that the OPC' s staff timings were correct as the 15 mins allotted for 15 questions went by far too quickly.

I got to question 9.5 of 15 and then it stopped, no one else in the group got past 9 with many hitting only 7 or 8, is this normal ?
From what I recall from mine last year most got 11 or 12? I got 8.5 at best though and was convinced I’d not done enough. I still passed though. However I was sure all those I did complete were correct. I think with a lower amount you’d have to have all correct to be honest, although it’s about accuracy as much as speed. The time always seems goes fast in these assessments so the timings probably were accurate.

yomper11

From what I recall from mine last year most got 11 or 12? I got 8.5 at best though and was convinced I’d not done enough. I still passed though. However I was sure all those I did complete were correct. I think with a lower amount you’d have to have all correct to be honest, although it’s about accuracy as much as speed. The time always seems goes fast in these assessments so the timings probably were accurate.

Yeah you're probably right, I seemed to be the only one out of the group that did any reading on this forum, most hadnt heard of it so perhaps they didn't do much prepping or were just slow like me !!!!

SGD5891

Yeah you're probably right, I seemed to be the only one out of the group that did any reading on this forum, most hadnt heard of it so perhaps they didn't do much prepping or were just slow like me !!!!
well done for doing the stage 1. I done mine about 6 weeks ago now and have now passed everything and got my start date of 5th August. at the stage 1 there were are lot of people who didn't really know about this forum or seemed to bother doing any research into the assessments before hand, so the fact your here now proves your already putting more effort in and I hope it pays off mate. I remember finding the stage 1 quite easy and DFFT I think I got to 11th question on DFFT. fingers crossed your successful and get through to stage 2.... keep us posted

F40sspider

Havent heard since I sent off my application in November. Is this normal?
I am naturally anxious?

yomper11

well done for doing the stage 1. I done mine about 6 weeks ago now and have now passed everything and got my start date of 5th August. at the stage 1 there were are lot of people who didn't really know about this forum or seemed to bother doing any research into the assessments before hand, so the fact your here now proves your already putting more effort in and I hope it pays off mate. I remember finding the stage 1 quite easy and DFFT I think I got to 11th question on DFFT. fingers crossed your successful and get through to stage 2.... keep us posted

Thanks buddy, tbh although I'm relatively confident I just wasnt sure about the DFFT so.will.just have to wait and see, how long did you have to wait before your results ?

SGD5891

Havent heard since I sent off my application in November. Is this normal?
I am naturally anxious?
Yes mate, i applied in November and didn't hear back until 1st may. No news is good news. They will get to you eventually....

LDN1

Hi Guys,

How long did you have to wait for the result of first assessment?

yomper11

Just found out I passed stage 1 and got stage 2 next week, I have read through this thread and there seems to be a few conflicting posts on what to expect in stage 2, as someone who's passed ( congratulations) would you be able to confirm it's the following tests"

Grey flashing square
VSE
Traffic scenes
The remembering passages of texts one ( cant remember its name ) and another SJT type thing with an MMI if you get through the whole day ?

Thank you.

Kse

Infact there was a dials test aswell. Like the fault finding test but abit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.