• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gooner18

Have any of you been given start dates yet , or are you still going through the process ?

Saffa

Had my stage 1 assessment on Fri just gone. Anyone started hearing anything yet? I know it's only been a few days but with the advice given that the turnaround for stage 2 is likely to be the following week, the impression I got was that the results would be fairly swift.

Budden5

Had my stage 1 assessment on Fri just gone. Anyone started hearing anything yet? I know it's only been a few days but with the advice given that the turnaround for stage 2 is likely to be the following week, the impression I got was that the results would be fairly swift.
Seems like they’ve powered through the process pretty quickly and have slowed things down now. I had my stage 2 just over a week ago and haven’t been given a DMI date yet. So just a waiting game now...

Gooner18

Believe we’re both waiting for our DMI invites.

Brilliant, hopefully you won’t have to wowau to long , going for New Cross ?

Yes all done mate. Now just exercising the usual patients required for the railway.

True , although arriva seem to move things along quickly once you get passed day 1 , I doubt you will have to wait to long.

Did you have your MMI on your assessment day 2? :) just wondering what to expect.

Yes with arriva it’s part of day 2

Arriva to work quickly once you’ve done day 1 , I would imagine you will hear very shortly.

Saffa

Email recieved today for invite to stage 2.

Anyone else going up to Watford on 18 Jan?

Gooner18

Email recieved today for invite to stage 2.

Anyone else going up to Watford on 18 Jan?
Congratulations:) , the Entrance to the OPC building is in a side street, as per the instructions they sent you , look for the big wooden door lol

monkeyskillz

Anyone else still waiting to hear if their application has progressed?
I’ve only had the automated email to say it was received but that was in November. I’m hoping it’s just because of Christmas and it’ll pick up in the New Year.
Even the website doesn’t help, when I click “view status” it just logs me out!!
I’ve seen some are now getting day 2 invites, just wondered if there’s others like me waiting to hear if their application is progressing to day 1 or not?

Budden5

Anyone else still waiting to hear if their application has progressed?
I’ve only had the automated email to say it was received but that was in November. I’m hoping it’s just because of Christmas and it’ll pick up in the New Year.
Even the website doesn’t help, when I click “view status” it just logs me out!!
I’ve seen some are now getting day 2 invites, just wondered if there’s others like me waiting to hear if their application is progressing to day 1 or not?
I know of many others in the same boat as you. I sent HR an email in regards to my own application process and was told that they're still handling lots of applications (which is a given in this industry). But I expect things to start picking up at the start of the new year.
Also, their website has compatibility issues. So try a different browser and if you're using an Apple product then you need to use anything other than that...

monkeyskillz

I know of many others in the same boat as you. I sent HR an email in regards to my own application process and was told that they're still handling lots of applications (which is a given in this industry). But I expect things to start picking up at the start of the new year.
Also, their website has compatibility issues. So try a different browser and if you're using an Apple product then you need to use anything other than that...
Lol yep iPhone although I’m sure I had the same website issues when I tried it on a windows laptop. Cheers.

F40sspider

Sent off my application in mid-November. Haven't heard yet. So others are in the same boat pal.

Jaydon Jay

Curious question, I’ve past all assessments had my DMI + MMI with Thameslink so all I’m waiting for is a medical and a start date, but they take really long with progression. Do you think I could contact Arriva HR to see if they would take me on? Your progression seems to be moving at such a fast pace.

DD87

Curious question, I’ve past all assessments had my DMI + MMI with Thameslink so all I’m waiting for is a medical and a start date, but they take really long with progression. Do you think I could contact Arriva HR to see if they would take me on? Your progression seems to be moving at such a fast pace.

Was it standard or advanced? Arriva do advanced testing

SAM2389

Anyone else passed Stage 1 & Stage 2 assessments elsewhere and applied for arriva trainee train driver?

I’ve done assessments with MTR Crossrail and passed but not had a DMI with them. I’ve applied for this arriva one but not heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.