• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail - London Overground - Trainee Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rmh123

Hi I am new to the forums!!! I have my second stage assesment at watford opc on the 12th February can any one give any advice on what to expect and how the day will go. Do you get told on the day this time if you have passed?

GreenSignal

Hi I am new to the forums!!! I have my second stage assesment at watford opc on the 12th February can any one give any advice on what to expect and how the day will go. Do you get told on the day this time if you have passed?

You'll get told if you passed all the assessments up to the MMI, you'll then complete your MMI but won't be given a result on the MMI on the day.

Lem

I have inside contact, 6k applicants applied so its a very lengthy process on my first attempt it took 8 months for me to get a response and was given a weeks notice to attend. Advice is start getting prepared regardless

Good to know that no news is good news at the moment! I had the same with another TOC. I was told if I hadn’t received a response after 6 weeks I was unsuccessful, 6 weeks passed and I forgot about it. 6 months later I got a letter through the post asking me to attend in 4 days time. Joys of the railway lol.

Barry K

Is anyone else still waiting for an initial answer from this? I still haven't had an invite to assessment or a no. I think their system lost my application....

slidingdoors

Yes I've still heard nothing either way either. Written it off now pretty much with poeple already doing assessments and what not.

Rmh123

Has anyone been to the second assesment ? Was the glop test used for the trainability test? Also what visual search exercise was used. Thanks in advance

Ibra

Lol just got rejected

Thank you for applying for the Trainee Train Driver role.

After careful consideration, we have taken the decision not to progress your application any further.

Thank you for your interest in ARL and we wish you all the the best.

Yours sincerely,

ARL Recruitment Team

Lem

Lol just got rejected

Thank you for applying for the Trainee Train Driver role.

After careful consideration, we have taken the decision not to progress your application any further.

Thank you for your interest in ARL and we wish you all the the best.

Yours sincerely,

ARL Recruitment Team

Sorry to hear that! I guess the rejections are going to start coming through now...

Lem

Lol it's cool wasn't even expecting to get it tbh

Not meant to be. Hopefully something else comes up for you. Out of curiosity when did you apply? I did mine nearer the closing date so just wondering how far into the apps they are.

baz962

Established Member
Well done! I am just wondering what are the starting dates for the courses so far.

Someone apparently starting end feb, and posted on here i think previously, a course starting april, but i dont know for sure.

steviebuk

Someone apparently starting end feb, and posted on here i think previously, a course starting april, but i dont know for sure.
I was originally given April as a possible start date, but since signed a contract now starting end of February.

Rmh123

Can anyone give me an insight to the second stage assesment in watford ie what tests are involved and how hard it was I have my 2nd stage assesment and seem more nervous about this one then I did my first stage assesment grrrrr

Rmh123

One or two have apparently, i got medical in two weeks, so hopefully by end of month, fingers crossed
Hi how did you find second stage assesment at watford what tests did you have to do was flop used in the trainability test just curious at what to expect when did you have your second stage assesment

baz962

Established Member
Hi how did you find second stage assesment at watford what tests did you have to do was flop used in the trainability test just curious at what to expect when did you have your second stage assesment

Slightly different as i did all paper and pencil tests on my first day, my second day were the pc tests and mmi.

baz962

Established Member
I was originally given April as a possible start date, but since signed a contract now starting end of February.

I know mate you told me in pm, just did not name you in case you didnt want it out there lol, doubt i will make feb start as my medical not for two weeks.

London 10101

I know mate you told me in pm, just did not name you in case you didnt want it out there lol, doubt i will make feb start as my medical not for two weeks.
Im guessing you will be part of the new batch when the current stage 2 and dmis are finished.

Ash7

Hi guys, am new on here. I have my first assessment day at Swiss Cottage next Thursday. Can anyone tell me who has already been through the process what to expect exactly. What tests are done on the first assessment day and which ones are done on the second day. StevieBuk I believe you have been through the process. Any advice/info from you or anyone in the know would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.