• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva rail London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucephalus

I see. They'll probably want us to reapply by the time we reach 2021 as the info on our applications will be less relevant. This sounds very much like Northern Rail before it was nationalised

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

argonaut56d

Hi all. My son received an email end of last week saying that his course has now been moved to 13th July, although that’s still provisional.

We had already anticipated it not starting on 22nd June anyway.

But they did send him his offer of employment letter and his contract! He’s happy that he has received that. Seems more official to him now.

Let’s see what happens in the next week or so as they have to give people 4 weeks notice minimum.

N.Sim

Good news.

Hopefully recruitment will pick up and the assessments etc start taking place again.

Nearlyadriver

Hi all. My son received an email end of last week saying that his course has now been moved to 13th July, although that’s still provisional.

We had already anticipated it not starting on 22nd June anyway.

But they did send him his offer of employment letter and his contract! He’s happy that he has received that. Seems more official to him now.

Let’s see what happens in the next week or so as they have to give people 4 weeks notice minimum.
Good news I’m a trainee at ARL hopefully this is a sign I will go back soon as I’m just waiting to finish my handling hours then qualify !

Rylievie

I would have thought that nothing will officially move until 2 people are allowed to share a cab, it will just back up the whole process. Once that obstacle is overcome all training will resume I would think.

Marino

"There is currently no date for classroom-based training to restart and this is being reviewed at a National
Level in the Railway Industry Coronavirus Forum."

Alexb95

Hi,

first time posting.

I got the trainee position now starting on the 13th July. Anyone else starting at NXG?

SRH

I am a Qualified Driver who went back in today to work..

I would not worry too much if you're a London Overground Trainee.. they want more drivers.

Just maybe expect to take longer than usual
to pass out.. its a difficult task they have ahead

SRH

Also to the new starters..

There has been at least one group start very recently maybe the past week or so.

I actually believe its 2

keep the faith!!

Nearlyadriver

How did/are you finding the course? Any tips?
The course is intense a lot to learn but everyone is helpful from the trainers to driving instructors , driver managers and qualified drivers I’m practically near the end of the course went very fast but arriva has good facilities. Overall I’ve found the course knowledgeable and fun at times but there will be times where you’ll come home confused but it’s all part of the of the learning process

argonaut56d

Congrats to all the soon to be trainees.

My son is starting his course on the 13th July.

He received his offer letter and contract a few weeks ago. He actually left his job last Friday, taking 2 weeks owed leave before he starts with ARL.

If you have received your contract by email, check them! I checked his and our HR had included the salaries for all grades prior to the 2020 pay increase. I appreciate its not the end of the world, but better to get things like this corrected before you start, as you will have enough to do in the next 9-10 months!

Alexb95

The course is intense a lot to learn but everyone is helpful from the trainers to driving instructors , driver managers and qualified drivers I’m practically near the end of the course went very fast but arriva has good facilities. Overall I’ve found the course knowledgeable and fun at times but there will be times where you’ll come home confused but it’s all part of the of the learning process
Great thanks. Sounds like it will be good

Status
Not open for further replies.