• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains Wales - Trainee Driver & Conductor Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
Congrats Gareth! I'd imagine you'll get a choice?

I doubt it - if successful you'll go where the company need you to, depending also on who else gets through and whether they're able to go to either depot or not.

Good luck either way though!

Gareth111278

Thanks everyone

The interview is next Monday (7th) at Machynlleth.
I know there's also interviews on the Tuesday too.

I doubt I'll get any choice, I've said I'll do either as I live 1/2 way between the two. I currently work at pwllheli but we share management & we get breaks in Mach & often work together so it feels like one depot really.

metalmickey

Just a quick question, does anyone know if ATW will let you know what you scored on the online assessments or if there is any way to find out? I know that I've passed to due receiving an invite to a telephone interview, but I would just like to know how I did!

craigybagel

Established Member
Just a quick question, does anyone know if ATW will let you know what you scored on the online assessments or if there is any way to find out? I know that I've passed to due receiving an invite to a telephone interview, but I would just like to know how I did!

Can't see any harm in sending them an email - although if you get through to final interview you could always ask in person? I don't know if they'll have the answers or not mind but I don't see any harm in asking!

red2005

Last thing I heard was that actual results are confidential......especially whilst in the recruitment process. You may be allowed to look once in the grade but I'm not sure.

I recently applied for a qualified drivers job and had to complete a transfer of safety information form and there's certain information on there my own company wouldn't tell me as it can only be disclosed between assessment centre and assessment centre.

I could be wrong but I'd be surprised if they went into any great detail......The most they normally tell you is...........pass........borderline pass.......or unsuccessful.

metalmickey

Thanks for the response guys, I don't really need to know the results of the assessments, it's just curiosity to know how I did, the most important thing is that i passed. I will concentrate on preparing for the telephone interview and if I do manage to go all the way, I'll see if I can get my results then!

Potato185

For those whose tests ran until 31st October, has anyone heard back? Friday 4th is getting very closely and I've yet to hear back about getting a phone interview.

metalmickey

For those whose tests ran until 31st October, has anyone heard back? Friday 4th is getting very closely and I've yet to hear back about getting a phone interview.

Hey Potato185, have you heard anything yet? If not, remember no news is good news, I know with the Cardiff vacancy they sent out the rejection emails before sending out the successful emails. Good luck and let us know how you get on:D

Potato185

Cheers Mickey. Been told that too (rejections first). Dug up my old notes from my last ATW interview and updated it yesterday in the anticipation of a phone interview.

Shall keep you updated.

JetStream

Cheers Mickey. Been told that too (rejections first). Dug up my old notes from my last ATW interview and updated it yesterday in the anticipation of a phone interview.

Shall keep you updated.

Still heard nothing from Crewe, but I know rejections have gone out...??

Potato185

Not actually had an email yet, but my profile states I've been unsuccessful after online tests. Weird that.

Still, everything happens for a reason. Plenty more opportunities will arise.

Best of luck to everyone who've got through!

FEATHERS

Mine says the same haven't had an email but has come up as unsuccessful after online tests. For the Holyhead conductor job. Has anyone had confirmation email?

metalmickey

Potato, I'm gutted for you, if it's what you want don't give up, keep plugging away. Now you've done the tests, you know what to expect, so keep practicing them and learn everything you can from on here and I'm sure with perserverence you'll get there. I've learnt so much from this forum, I know that without it, I wouldn't have got past the sift let alone the tests. Remember if something is worth having, then it's never going to come easy, chin up and good luck for next time.

Potato185

Feathers, ditto here!

Mickey, one thing I forgot to mention was that I'm currently a guard for Arriva Northern at Piccadilly. Living the dream, just not in the ideal place. I'll get my 'transfer' in one day. Just not this time around.

That's why I felt so confident on the assessment as I've done them loads of times and passed.

JetStream

Feathers, ditto here!

Mickey, one thing I forgot to mention was that I'm currently a guard for Arriva Northern at Piccadilly. Living the dream, just not in the ideal place. I'll get my 'transfer' in one day. Just not this time around.

That's why I felt so confident on the assessment as I've done them loads of times and passed.

I hope I don't sound like a dick here, it's not my intent - but maybe it's because you wouldn't be a trainee? Like... if it had been for non-trainee Conductor I'd imagine you'd have an interview?

Potato185

Jet, that's not the case. Even if I got the job, I'd still be put through Arriva's training. There have been cases where other TOCs have provided poor training it seems in the past. Also HR even told me tgey take on qualified too (never seen a qualified guard post with ATW).

JetStream

Jet, that's not the case. Even if I got the job, I'd still be put through Arriva's training. There have been cases where other TOCs have provided poor training it seems in the past. Also HR even told me tgey take on qualified too (never seen a qualified guard post with ATW).

In that case I'm astonished that you've not got an interview. Sorry Potato:(

Potato185

I am too. But obviously not my time yet. Plenty of opportunities will come up soon. I'm very happy in my current job and so no immediate rush. I know a few in my position who havr both passed and failed recently with ATW. It is what it is and everything happens for a reason.

*holds head high*

metalmickey

Feathers, ditto here!

Mate, I'm even gutted for you, you should fly through everything, fingers crossed for next time. Like you said at least your already in the job and living the dream, I've just ad my telephone interview and got to wait and see if I'm through to the face to face interview, fingers crossed!

craigybagel

Established Member
I hope I don't sound like a dick here, it's not my intent - but maybe it's because you wouldn't be a trainee? Like... if it had been for non-trainee Conductor I'd imagine you'd have an interview?

There are a fair few guards at ATW who came from other TOCs. I personally know some who've come from Wrexham & Shropshire, GWR and Merseyrail and I suspect there's more besides. They've all had to do full training though.

Sorry it didn't work out! Keep plugging away, ATW recruit fairly often.

metalmickey

Has anyone yet heard back from their telephone interview or does anyone know when ATW are due to let people know if their through to the next stage? I know that the telephone interviews were only last Friday, but ATW are starting the next stage this coming Friday, so I'm assuming that they're going to let everyone know pretty quickly!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Literally just received an email from ATW inviting me to attend an assessment day and interview in Cardiff on Thursday 17th November. Good luck to everyone attending any of the 3 assessment days, fingers crossed that I'm successful:D

Gareth111278

Just a quick up date on the drivers positions at Pwllheli & Machynlleth.

The face to face interviews have been held & assessments are on Monday , Tuesday & Wednesday next week.

I am lucky enough to be having my assessment on Wednesday.

Well done to anyone who also got through.

metalmickey

Hi guys, anyone in Cardiff tomorrow for the conductors interview, just wo.during if anyone else off here has gotten through!:D

Gareth111278

Well, it can be done!
I've just passed all the tests in Cardiff today.
Waiting too see when I can start the training course...

metalmickey

Well, it can be done!
I've just passed all the tests in Cardiff today.
Waiting too see when I can start the training course...

Hi Gareth, what position did you go for, driver or conductor? Well done on passing, when did they let you know that you were successful? I believe that the conductor training starts 3rd January, not sure about the driver training

Status
Not open for further replies.