• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Trains Wales - Trainee Driver & Conductor Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmickey

So I made it into the talent pool for the Conductors at Crewe. Anyone else hear?

Congratulations, when did you have your interview and how long did it take for them to tell you that you were in the talent pool for Crewe? Really nervous for my conductors interview tomorrow, not slept properly all week, going to give it my best shot and fingers crossed, it will be enough!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

difflad

Hi guys, for those of you who have recently applied or been for the latest conductor assessment for ATW are you able to provide any feedback on what to expect at the assessment centre. i.e types of questions asked etc? Was unsuccessful at telephone interview stage this time around but wanted to get feedback for future reference of the final stage of the process for next time. As hopefully I will get there next time around.

metalmickey

Well, I've just left my interview, I've given it my best shot, just got to wait and see what happens now!

158tester

Any truth in the rumour that the people just through the assessments have to wait for the DB drivers to be accommodated first?

Spikeylado

Hi,
Has anybody just been through the process with Arriva? I have been accepted and im "on hold" waiting for a position at Crewe/Shrews as a Conductor? I was wondering how people found the process it was my 15th attempt!

Last edited:

Gareth111278

Hi,
Has anybody just been through the process with Arriva? I have been accepted and im "on hold" waiting for a position at Crewe/Shrews as a Conductor? I was wondering how people found tbe process it was my 15th attempt!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---[
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Hi
Im currently an Arriva conductor, I've just passed the Drivers tests last week. I was told im waiting for a few internal matters to be resolved before im told when im going on a course. ( i know what they are but i cant say on here)

As for guards 'talent pool' all i know is a guy who interviewed with me got a call months later so don't worry just yet!

mph9937

Hi
Im currently an Arriva conductor, I've just passed the Drivers tests last week. I was told im waiting for a few internal matters to be resolved before im told when im going on a course. ( i know what they are but i cant say on here)

As for guards 'talent pool' all i know is a guy who interviewed with me got a call months later so don't worry just yet!

Hi Gareth, I think I have sent you a private message or at least somewhere on your page. Can you let me know if you've seen it, if not I will try again. Cheers

Spikeylado

Hi

Hi,
Thanks good luck with your course and well done! I`m just keen to get started as i`m still finding it hard to believe i actually got accepted! i`m realistic and realise it will be months rather than weeks though!

Calshaw21

Ive just completed my medical etc.. I was on hold from june, so took me about 6 months, but there were a few people infront of me on the list, so its all dependent on how far up the list, to when you start your training ! :)

Spikeylado

Yea I was preparing for a long wait to be honest! As long as it happens within the 12month waiting period I don't mind, I would hate to have to go through it all again!

Calshaw21

Yeahh, its horrible! For me the worst part was the waiting, but there was 6 people ahead of me, so I knew there was gonna be a long wait!

Spikeylado

Hi I also had my interview the same Tues as you. Were you morning or afternoon?
How did you know where you were on the list mate?

Calshaw21

I emailed them asking was there any news on when any jobs were coming up, and they just told me, thats how I found out

Spikeylado

Thanks, I will leave it until the new year then maybe email them and see if they know more then. Thanks for that mate and good luck! btw what did the medical consist of?

Calshaw21

Yeahh id do that too, and thanks mate! The medical consisted of the drug and alcohol test, basically you're breathalised and have a urine sample, then your weight, height, eyes and hearing are tested and the size of your waist, all basic things

craigybagel

Established Member
Ive just completed my medical etc.. I was on hold from june, so took me about 6 months, but there were a few people infront of me on the list, so its all dependent on how far up the list, to when you start your training ! :)

Congratulations. Which depot are you off to?

Spikeylado

Yeahh id do that too, and thanks mate! The medical consisted of the drug and alcohol test, basically you're breathalised and have a urine sample, then your weight, height, eyes and hearing are tested and the size of your waist, all basic things
All straight forward stuff then. Hope all goes well thanks for the info!
Hi guys, for those of you who have recently applied or been for the latest conductor assessment for ATW are you able to provide any feedback on what to expect at the assessment centre. i.e types of questions asked etc? Was unsuccessful at telephone interview stage this time around but wanted to get feedback for future reference of the final stage of the process for next time. As hopefully I will get there next time around.
Hi did you pass this time around mate?

metalmickey

I had a telephone call this morning from Arriva telling me that I've got a conductor's job for Cardiff starting 3rd January. I've got my medical this Friday and have filled in the form for the security check, anyone else heard anything, anyone starting in Cardiff. I want to thank everyone on here as I don't believe that I woukd have gotten the position if it wasn't for everyone on here

Calshaw21

Hey micky, starting on the 3rd of jan but dont know if I'm training in cardiff or chester, do you know where your training is?

craigybagel

Established Member
Giving the numbers involved, I'd be surprised if they aren't planning on running simultaneous Cardiff and Chester courses for South and North respectively but I'm sure you'll all know for definite soon! You'll get great trainers which ever training centre you use. And if you don't mind being away from family, it's actually quite nice getting put up in a fancy hotel for 9 weeks if your course is at the "wrong" end of the network <D

Status
Not open for further replies.