• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Authorised Collectors - Station Staff? (LOROL complaint)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherJ

You do realise when you contact the MD with a complaint it's not really dealt with by them, nor do they write the reply.

You obviously replied before I finished editing my previous post, I'll quote myself...

The e-mail has been sent and I was happy with it, I took it to the MD because today complaints travel from the top downwards; not the other way round. I've contacted the MDs of both other TOCs and non-railway companies before regarding complaints or suggestions and got a personal response from the MD that I was more than satisfied. :D One occasion I wrote an e-mail to an MD of a certain Eastern Region TOC regarding an incident (not staff related) and attached my home address and a few days later got a written and signed response through the post with some free vouchers! :o So, to all those who believe 'writing to the MD is pointless' - think again...

But if it makes you happy, go for it!
Yep. My decision and mine alone.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Whilst this is true for byelaws, I haven't seen any evidence that that travel on on the Underground would be subject to TfL's Conditions of Carriage if on a TOC ticket.

Im struggling to understand you here, apologies. As far as I see it, if you are on the underground then you are already bound by their T&Cs and if you do not have a valid ticket to travel then you're caught. The only way you would be on a TOC ticket was if it was a shared station like West Ruislip or something or were making an interchange using the tube so if that ticket is valid for the interchange or the use of a shared station then you are breaching neithers T&Cs.

One occasion I wrote an e-mail to an MD of a certain Eastern Region TOC regarding an incident (not staff related) and attached my home address and a few days later got a written and signed response through the post with some free vouchers! :o So, to all those who believe 'writing to the MD is pointless' - think again...

If I don't get a reply from LOROL within 3 days, then I'll take this to London Travelwatch and the London Standard!

You may have got a signed letter recieved by him but believe me the majority of times they get floated down to Customer services or else their PA will sort it and write the letter and then get the MD to sign should they not already use an electronic signature of the MD.

Im sur ethe response you will get will be somethingn along the lines fo more training for the staff member in CS as the only complaint you have got is that they were rude to you. Dont go expecting anything more than that as they will never tell you if they have disciplined said staff member.

BuhSnarf

It's only as pointless as writing to general cust services.

In reality whenever you contact complaints they will send a letter that apologizes, tells you it's not the right way that it should be done, that they do x,y and z to make sure it doesn't happen, apologise that it still did happen in this case and that to prevent this happening again feedback will be provided to x, y or line manager for retraining. And then to leave the customer happy will provide some sort of compensation whether that be money or vouchers.

In terms of that guy working at the station? I doubt he'll ever even know you complained because in reality it's a he said / you said argument.

But it's made you happy and have faith in the company again so it'll be worth the £25 or so worth of vouchers or cheque they'll send. This value might be less depending on the company and not sure exactly what is standard for transportation companies but I'd guess provably around £25 based on events above in my line of work. Even that value will most likely be worked out via a "distress" calculator. Nothing will be truly personal between you and the MD.

But it's the fact that for a small amount of money it makes cust happy and believe that problem is resolved and MD spent some of their precious time righting the wrong so.... yay!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

bicbasher

Established Member
Yo

Obviously in small companies this is most likely different. But I doubt LO is one of them!

To be fair to LO, Steve Murphy attends all of the Passenger Forum meetings organised by the TOC and directly answers questions. The CS is normally quiet quick in answering passenger enquiries, although was a bit slow during the games.

ChristopherJ

Did you send your version or Yorkie's version? Here's hoping it was Yorkie's...

No. I sent mine even before posting it on here and I am fully happy and content with my version. I don't need some bloke named after a chocolate bar writing my letters.:roll:

Clip

Established Member
No. I sent mine even before posting it on here and I am fully happy and content with my version. I don't need some chocolate bar writing my letters.:roll:

:roll: Good to see being polite is your forte, gives a new spin on the situation now, if you cant be nice here then maybe you werent so nice in the situation.

And if you sent that in then it will get tossed to CS straight away.

AlexS

Established Member
If not straight in the bin. If you're going to have a moan about something you need to be careful to have your facts straight. Complaining that the bert checked your ticket when you think they're not entitled to (they are) will just detract from the meaningful substance about their manner while doing so.

the sniper

Established Member
No. I sent mine even before posting it on here and I am fully happy and content with my version. I don't need some chocolate bar writing my letters.:roll:

Please don't embarrass yourself any further. Basically you've written them a load of nonsense stemming from your poor understanding of who can inspect a ticket, then subsequently, and somewhat pointlessly, asked people here for their thoughts. Now you've insulted the person who gave you the most help. :roll:

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Unfortunately djxc6, that bloke named after a chocolate bar (who was trying to help, I don't honestly know why he bothered, I certainly wouldn't) would have made all the difference between it being a half-decent enquiry and it being a jumbled prose which was bordering on nonsense. I hate judging people on here (especially someone with so few posts), but your attitude is absolutely disgraceful.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Mod Note - previous post and photo removed

Hard to stare at photos in dark rooms. Despite that, I think that demonstrates your attitude perfectly.

I know rail staff aren't perfect, I have encountered many unhelpful / rude / arrogant / intimidating over tens of thousands of miles of travel, but only twice have I felt compelled to report them, and when I do I do it to customer services first then take it further if I think it needs to be. I would certainly never take it to the media, I see that often as the last port of call for a desperate cause (a lot like European or Lottery funding). Oh well, everyone's different I suppose.

Clip

Established Member
Okay spotters, calm down - go sit in a dark room and stare a photo of a 37...

I only asked for your opinions. You lot on here seem to think railway staff are perfect and can do no wrong.
I've sent my e-mail, I await a reply, and if I don't get one - off to the meidz. What you gonna do now? Hunt me down and slap me with your Ian Allan notebook?

End.

No one has said anything of the sort, we all know they can be far from perfect but why come on here if you do not like what some posters say and you have already sent your letter?

And really there is no need to be rude.

the sniper

Established Member

Ouch, you sunk my battleship.

I only asked for your opinions. You lot on here seem to think railway staff are perfect and can do no wrong.

Apart from all the people in this thread who agreed with you. Step down big man. Thanks for the entertainment.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
djxc6, if you took the time to read more posts on this forum, you would come to the conclusion that we are not all spotters and we don't all think railway staff can do no wrong.

Im struggling to understand you here, apologies. As far as I see it, if you are on the underground then you are already bound by their T&Cs and if you do not have a valid ticket to travel then you're caught. The only way you would be on a TOC ticket was if it was a shared station like West Ruislip or something or were making an interchange using the tube so if that ticket is valid for the interchange or the use of a shared station then you are breaching neithers T&Cs.
As I see it, you are only bound by the T&Cs of the ticket you were sold. TOC paper tickets are sold under the NRCoC. They can still be valid for LU travel if they are routed via London, have a maltese cross or are a travelcard, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are issued under TfL's Conditions of Carriage.

If this thread of discussion continues, then perhaps the forum mods could consider splitting it into its own thread in order to entice the legal eagles to comment

Nick W

Established Member

I've sent my e-mail, I await a reply, and if I don't get one - off to the meidz. What you gonna do now? Hunt me down and slap me with your Ian Allan notebook?

End.

So having complained about harassment you proceed to harass others?

Status
Not open for further replies.