• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Driver - Wolverhampton (17/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeperguy

Just received an email from avanti asking me to re apply for the trainee train driver position, not sure if anyone else got the same?

I applied back in 2020 but opted out of the assessments because of their mmi structure.
What depot?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dan61

I had one off Avanti stating I need to complete the next stage of the process for the new applications from Jan 2022. Then another off the OPC which you've had. I think the OPC one is outlining our previous application and. Avanti have stated averyone needs to complete a new one. However this application closed the other day so might be a bit.of a slow email from the OPC

Jaytrains

What depot?

It doesn’t say

I had one off Avanti stating I need to complete the next stage of the process for the new applications from Jan 2022. Then another off the OPC which you've had. I think the OPC one is outlining our previous application and. Avanti have stated averyone needs to complete a new one. However this application closed the other day so might be a bit.of a slow email from the OPC

And yeahh i think that vacancy already closed

PrailwayG

Hi,

I have received an email this morning asking me to take part in the next stage of the process. This is an OPC questionnaire. I only have one opportunity to access the content and questions. Could anyone give me any guidance. I am assuming that it will cover the driver role and different situations? Is there a specific way to answer them?

Thanks in advance

EX-Counsel

If it's anything like the kind of questionnaire's I've done then it's going to be about personal experiences and characteristics, which is going to be personal to you. Only advice I can give is to answer honestly! apologies that it's not much help. Best of luck!

Edit:
Having had a look for OPC questionnaire through the search function, I think it's the situational judgement test. Again, answer honestly!

Last edited:

DanielWhitt

I've just had an email invite to complete the OPC assessment ? So will have to see how I get on with that, any advice as I've never taken any of these tests before or even applied before even though it something I've wants to do for a while ?

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I've just had an email invite to complete the OPC assessment ? So will have to see how I get on with that, any advice as I've never taken any of these tests before or even applied before even though it something I've wants to do for a while ?
Just take your time, read through both the questions and answers a few times. They are deliberately difficult to do, but you will normally find at least a right and a wrong answer and go from there.

I also did mine today, but I've sat the same one 3 times with different TOC/FOCs!

DanielWhitt

In the email is say they ask what you know about Avanti and train driving role, how.many questions were based on these, do you remember ? My friend is a current train driving and he's also been giving me some good pointers on how to answer the questions and the kind of answers they are looking for aswell

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
In the email is say they ask what you know about Avanti and train driving role, how.many questions were based on these, do you remember ? My friend is a current train driving and he's also been giving me some good pointers on how to answer the questions and the kind of answers they are looking for aswell
There's nothing about Avanti in there, some 'pick top 3' style questions about driver roles but most of it is the 11 situational questions

Seasalt

Also receive an email from OPC after I have passed all the test back in oct 2020 and the interview, that unfortunately I have to go back and apply because of covid which is understandable and frustrating at the same time.
Opc let me know today that Avanti is recruiting if still interested the only issue is that the position is long time gone and Euston is quite far away from Wolverhampton hahaha

Dan61

Just got my email stating I reached the required score for the questions and now need to complete the SJTs and VSE again. Moving quite quickly already

Staffy

I have to do the questions with the OPC for stage 2 (Wolves) over the weekend. Can anyone assist in explaining what type of questions, i.e multiple choice, free style, limited amount of words or characters?

Many thanks :)

samricho1985

Hi iv had the same and says needs to be completed by midnight on the 25th January hoping to do this Sunday

Dan61

Just did my VSe and SjT today. Forgot how boring the VSe gets, my hands started to get pins and needles half way through lol. Another 10 day email received for results

DanielWhitt

Just did my VSe and SjT today. Forgot how boring the VSe gets, my hands started to get pins and needles half way through lol. Another 10 day email received for results
ive just been practicing the vse and the sjt and so far, i find the sjt harder than the vse, i think im over thinking my answers on the sjt

AgentGemini

I've not had that. I've only had a link to a questionaire asking for my basics and "some questions about how you like to work and what you know about Avanti West Coast and the driver role. There will also be some questions about how you would manage different situations." No PDF, and nothing about a VSe test.

DanielWhitt

I've not had that. I've only had a link to a questionaire asking for my basics and "some questions about how you like to work and what you know about Avanti West Coast and the driver role. There will also be some questions about how you would manage different situations." No PDF, and nothing about a VSe test.
have you had a link to complete the ops test ? if you complete and pass that, you will get an email asking you to complete the vse an sjt test and its part of that ?

nathan211

I’m guessing these online VSE and SJT don’t form any part of the actual psychometric stages 1 or 2?

Staffy

According to Avanti's website, its stage 3, the stages 4 and 5 are the other assessment stages by the look of it.

Dan61

Yes did mine Saturday didn't practice. For me the SJT IS BETTER off without practice as you can overthink the answers.

wolvesayewe

Yes did mine Saturday didn't practice. For me the SJT IS BETTER off without practice as you can overthink the answers.
how was the VSE? have they emailed you back to say if you were successful or not. the SJT are a hard one as its all down to how to react to certain situations, and its best to just be honest

Dan61

VSe was fine got an email saying I should receive a reply within 10 days

Status
Not open for further replies.