• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast rebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PYROOGOBBO

I dunno if i posted this before, But im awaiting the voyagers to be painted green at the front so i can make this comparison :D

NR7tHQFIPpxQalTQwFnJoU7KYcKVdQe22Vj5J7ShEEm7RJ_lCZ9ApTgu_unHZm6YzN62OZiXAH0wZ4so2is1tEoUkRy2-s1w
View attachment 82189

XAM2175

Established Member
It strikes me that there isn't much in the way of space to put them in different places however, certainly not in a way that would enable a colour blind person to distinguish them at a glance - which is the main purpose of the system!

The system installed on Greater Anglia's new 745s has the indicator LEDs stacked vertically next to the display so that there's at least some differentiation - not as effective as perceiving the colour, sure, but still an improvement on having to approach the unit and read the screen.

Naturally I cannot now find a photograph that illustrates this :{

DBS92042

Established Member
whats the turnaround on these refurbs? seem fairly quick to me.
I'm not 100% sure but I think its about 2 weeks. 221111 has gone down today so we'll have to time how long it takes for that to come back.

Worldwide

I’ve have seen sight of the new uniform today some of it’s nice but some of it is horrid

Skie

As have I, the winter coat is er interesting!

In the early days of Virgin I remember arriving at Crewe in the darks of winter and wondering if I’d somehow been routed to Russia. The platform staff only needed to have the accent and I’d have been convinced, such was their winter gear!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
In the early days of Virgin I remember arriving at Crewe in the darks of winter and wondering if I’d somehow been routed to Russia. The platform staff only needed to have the accent and I’d have been convinced, such was their winter gear!

Didn't they have the puffa jackets back then?

I think the loss of the red is a shame - it made platform staff stand out if you wanted to find them without the more industrial-looking FirstGroup hi-vis everywhere approach.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches

I think the loss of the red is a shame - it made platform staff stand out if you wanted to find them without the more industrial-looking FirstGroup hi-vis everywhere approach.
There was a period where dispatch staff had to wear hi-vis due to concerns over the current interim uniform, this has since been rescinded.

Skie

Not sure exactly when this was, but it was a long and almost military style wool coat. I want to say they had a Ushanka (furry hat) too, but my memory could be playing tricks on me. I definitely didn’t see any ak-47s though :)

Chiltern006

390119 has been put into a, well, you can decide what you think

Credit to whoever

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200820-090356_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200820-090356_WhatsApp.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 444

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Better late than never for them? Doesn't look like it will be in service today.

Skie

Looks ok to me. Hopefully it necessitates the black/white dazzle passenger doors again

mmh

Established Member
Of course it does completely go against the reasoning of contrasting colour doors, but that's never stopped a marketing genius before.

greeny11

You will be able to see that from miles away! I think I quite like it, but would like to see a side on view.

Status
Not open for further replies.