• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Band names

Status
Not open for further replies.

43021HST

Established Member
If you could start a band what would its name be?

I would have either

Valentas
The Napiers
Clagmonster

By the way they would play stuff similar to Deep Purple.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
I wouldn't go for a train-themed name for a band that plays in the genre and style of Deep Purple I'd probably go for a colour as they did.

Something like 'Crimson Catastrophe'.

mrcheek

Established Member
Something like "Advanced Pop Trio", to be shortened to APT of course

Established Member
The Noseped thrashhh my lordddzzzzz hornzzzzzz split box loadhaul band :lol:

or

The hoovers

or

The Choppers

They would play rock

Established Member
Theres a pub I go past on the bus called Royaloak, not been in there but I doubt pics of 50s are hanging on the walls

43021HST

Established Member
Something like "Advanced Pop Trio", to be shortened to APT of course

Heres another one

Hysterical Sound Thrashers

or HST for short:lol:

It would probably be a thrash metal band
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The Noseped thrashhh my lordddzzzzz hornzzzzzz split box loadhaul band :lol:

Imagine trying to announce that on Top of the Pops if it still existed!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Be careful with band names when travelling by train.

The security nazis, who have an IQ roughly that of an amoeba and no decent qualifications whatsoever, may decide that a band name makes you a terrorist threat. People like that cannot be trusted to open a can of sardines that is already open, so should not be permitted to chuck people off trains.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Killers--scribbled-list-favourite-bands.html

Musician kicked off train for writing the word 'Killers'... as he scribbled list of his favourite bands

A musician writing a playlist for his next gig was kicked off a train for writing the band name The Killers.

Tom Shaw was told by security officers that what he was writing was ‘suspicious’ and despite his protests he was asked to leave the train.

Once on the platform, Shaw showed the officers his list, which included the name of the best-selling American rock band as well as the Oasis song Cigarettes And Alcohol and Shut Up And Let Me Go by British band the Ting Tings..... (more)
The security numpties should be named and shamed.

But then this is SWT we're talking about, a company that is owned by someone who is no stranger to controversy and malpractice.

Ivo

Established Member
If I might bring the thread back on course, my band would concentrate on guitars, drums and keyboards - all electric. The music would be fast paced and often upbeat. They would go by the name of...

The Electrostars

Lampshade

Established Member
I guess there could be the The Voyagers which play droning repetitive music that gives you a headache :P

Established Member
All the way from Reading to Doncaster in First class I was sat on the Voyager engine, so I know all about droning repetitive noises!

Bet that was hot, Par-BHM isnt too fun either, even more so when you did it on a HST going there but could be worse, could be working on them but thankfully im not...for now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.