• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Been waiting a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernboy67

I have 2 applications with a TOC, and have completed assessments for both positions. I am still waiting to hear, if and when I get an interview, as one assessment was back in July. Do recruitment people get the hump, if you keep contacting them? I have been trying to get into the industry since leaving school 32 years ago. I was really close with London Underground back in 1990. They wrote to offer me the job, only that the letter was not delivered by Royal Mail. I asked if the job was still going, and the no was the reply.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

red2005

when i first passed my guards assessments back in 2007 i didn't hear anything for a few weeks or the answer was " no decisions had been made yet" but that didn't stop me ringing once a week for a month and a half to check the progress of my application!.........it's your career mate and people are in different circumstances in terms of relocating or notice periods so it's only right you stay on the ball so to speak!

garageflower

I was getting ready to fire something off to Northern about a pending position I have with them when I got an email from them - I got giddy and excited only to find this upon opening it:

'We politely request you refrain for contacting the team as communications will be issued to all applicants as soon as the sift has been completed. In the meantime, you can log onto our website for an accurate update on the status of your application.

We thank you for your patience and continued interest in Northern Rail.'

So I'd suggest if one of the roles your waiting on is with Northern not to chase it up just yet!

455driver

Veteran Member
I was getting ready to fire something off to Northern about a pending position I have with them when I got an email from them - I got giddy and excited only to find this upon opening it:

'We politely request you refrain for contacting the team as communications will be issued to all applicants as soon as the sift has been completed. In the meantime, you can log onto our website for an accurate update on the status of your application.

So I'd suggest if one of the roles your waiting on is with Northern not to chase it up just yet!

If you, havent even allowed them time to do the initial sift then that is a bit OTT!
If it was me your application (when I got to it) would go straight in the bin without being read, so its a good I dont have anything to do with recruitment! ;)

To the Op, if you have been selected and passed the tests then a quick call once a month wont do any harm.

BigLee

They've probably been inundated with calls this week from people with applications in, expecting to hear something now it's the new year. They'll have sent a blanket email to everyone in the pending folder to ease the amount of traffic coming in. I wouldn't take it personal. Things are still moving. I spoke to them just before Christmas to see how things were and they called me today with an update. Whenever I've called I have always had good reason, like I was booking flights for a trade show first week of February. I didn't want to pay £300 and then get a call from them. They appreciated me checking. Good luck for early 2015. Lee

garageflower

I didn't read it properly about the sift part, I'm through the assessments and in the talent pool - looks like as you say Lee must be a blanket email must be rushed off their feet after Christmas
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Got a start, medical pending. Ecstatic :)

Daz9284

I didn't read it properly about the sift part, I'm through the assessments and in the talent pool - looks like as you say Lee must be a blanket email must be rushed off their feet after Christmas

congratulations mate. which depot and when do you start?

regards,
Darryl

BigLee

That's great news mate. I didn't mention why they called me on Friday, as I didn't want to ruin your weekend if you hadn't had a call, but I'll be seeing you in Leeds for training! Are you on for mid March?

Cheers

Lee

garageflower

You will indeed mate(unless I've some underlying illness I'm not aware of would be just my luck at the medical!). Finally I can put use to the term new year new me with some actual meaning to it haha.

Daz9284

You will indeed mate(unless I've some underlying illness I'm not aware of would be just my luck at the medical!). Finally I can put use to the term new year new me with some actual meaning to it haha.

Congrats BigLee and garageflower. Is this for Northern at Leeds? When did you guys have your interviews, as I've heard nothing since my initial application

Regards
Darryl

387star

On Moderation
If you, havent even allowed them time to do the initial sift then that is a bit OTT!
If it was me your application (when I got to it) would go straight in the bin without being read, so its a good I dont have anything to do with recruitment! ;)

To the Op, if you have been selected and passed the tests then a quick call once a month wont do any harm.

phew <:D

Geera

Hi All Does anyone know where i can get any practice material for online visual assessment please i've been looking to download something but unable to find any

BigLee

Congrats BigLee and garageflower. Is this for Northern at Leeds? When did you guys have your interviews, as I've heard nothing since my initial application

Regards
Darryl

Thanks Darryl. I'll be based in Skipton. Interview for me was back in August. Was offered a position last September but I couldn't leave my current post until after year end. I spoke to HR once a month and found them super friendly. Partly to give them an update from my end, and to see what timeline they were currently working to. Although they could not give me an exact start date, they could tell me that I wasn't on the Jan or Feb course which helped me plan around it.

Lee

Daz9284

Thanks Darryl. I'll be based in Skipton. Interview for me was back in August. Was offered a position last September but I couldn't leave my current post until after year end. I spoke to HR once a month and found them super friendly. Partly to give them an update from my end, and to see what timeline they were currently working to. Although they could not give me an exact start date, they could tell me that I wasn't on the Jan or Feb course which helped me plan around it.

Lee

Well done again mate. That makes sense now, as I thought you had applied in the December application intake too like myself. I missed the applications earlier in the year.

many congrats again bud :)

delticdeano74

Well done lads :) I too have applied in the December vacancies. Good luck to everyone.
Change in subject, does anyone no the exact amount trainee drivers recieve? :)

302PS

19,427 whilst training
35,452 year 1
38,937 year 2
42,945 year 3 inclusive of the 2014 pay award :)

Joof

19,427 whilst training
35,452 year 1
38,937 year 2
42,945 year 3 inclusive of the 2014 pay award :)

Was told in interview that after 3rd year salary goes up to 44250 or something like that.

302PS

Was gonna save must be east/west divide
The tax man will have that anyway ;)

WCMLaddict

Don't you worry, our mess room grown resident financial, tax, pension and stock advisors will help you out
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.