• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bite Cards..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple Question: How Do they Work, and are they worth applying for, I've seen them about, on the forum's being mentioned, but haven't got a clue!
Would you say to get one?

Neil

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
There are no downsides. Just make sure you show it when you order. I ticked or unticked (can't remeber which) all the relevant boxes and thus far the only thing they've ever sent me is the card. Seems many of the outlets have recently got bigger signs to say they're part of the scheme. Almost all SPP-run outlets are part of it.

Mine has begun to fall apart- especially badly where the "bite" is- so I've covered it (and made it into a full rectangle) with selotape to protect it.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I hate buying anything from Burger King.... but that'll be £4.80 with the card.

brompton rail

There are no downsides. Just make sure you show it when you order. I ticked or unticked (can't remeber which) all the relevant boxes and thus far the only thing they've ever sent me is the card. Seems many of the outlets have recently got bigger signs to say they're part of the scheme. Almost all SPP-run outlets are part of it.

Mine has begun to fall apart- especially badly where the "bite" is- so I've covered it (and made it into a full rectangle) with selotape to protect it.

Just go on their website and re-order. I mislaid mine and so sent off for a new one, though I might have used a different email address but there was no problem.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Barry Doe has just mentioned in RAIL mag that the 'Pumpkin' free coffee savings card (buy 4 get 1 free) is also available, and the Bite 20% discount applies as well, so that very nearly brings their coffee down to a reasonable price...

Mr Spock

Barry Doe has just mentioned in RAIL mag that the 'Pumpkin' free coffee savings card (buy 4 get 1 free) is also available, and the Bite 20% discount applies as well, so that very nearly brings their coffee down to a reasonable price...

I have been doing that for ages now, also get discount on "special offers" such as 50p muffins (after 11am) at Barking.

scotsman

Established Member
I find that the staff in some places don't know what it's valid to get a discount on.

I've been repeatedly refused a BiTE discount on King Deals and ice creams in Burger King in Waverley. Yet, I've also managed to get the discounts there and elsewhere.

Tom B

Established Member
They're pretty good, it makes food at stations affordable.

Exactly! As for Burger King at Waverley, if the staff were going any slower they'd be in reverse gear.

eos

Another tip is to watch for that weeks offers , there is still 20% off the discount price. Makes a special offer 99p pasty a bargain.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Just so you know, in the Delice de France chains, they are valid, but not with other in-shop offers (I know they aren't the most common outlet, but it's just so everyone knows!)

route101

Established Member
The station Burger Kings seem bad tho . I go to the high st ones much better .

scotsman

Established Member
The station Burger Kings seem bad tho . I go to the high st ones much better .

I don't - it's cheaper and it's in the station!

Don't have to go as far when my chosen traction gets near

scotsman

Established Member
Waiting to be served, presumably...
LOL

I'm guilty of going in there with my mates and not getting anything, actually.

Generally happens in November/January when there's something hellfire coming in and we're waiting on the return leg.

thelem

I think whenever I've tried to use mine I've either got 20% off or been told they don't accept bite (i.e. they are not SSP)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Once had an incident at Derby station in one of the shops there and they told me it wasn't valid with any other discounts.

I wanted a bottle of water, and there was an offer of 2 x 500ml buy one get one free for £1.35ish for a 750ml for an unknown price (there was no label on the shelf). Assuming there was no way they would charge more for less I just gave the big bottle to the person who told me it cost £1.50! I said I didn't want it as two small bottles were cheaper so I went to get them. I then presented my Bite card and he told me that it was not valid with the one free offer. The 750ml bottle then became cheaper again!

Mr Spock

The discounts on specials used to be hit and miss, even in the same outlet, but from my experience seem to be given on everything now.

Not all station outlets give discounts and the list of ones that do are easily available, just check the list on the card.

jon0844

Veteran Member
There's no minimum either, so I got 20% off a Mars bar at Pumpkin at King's Cross earlier this week!

dk1

Veteran Member
Any discounts or discounts or discount cards on AMT COFFEE???

Not part of SSP. Rail staff & station related people such as taxi/bus drivers get hot drinks for £1 & 10% off everything else. Dont think they have a loyalty scheme as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.