• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bolton Line 95/100mph Speed Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
First time in a while that I had a good unchecked run in the down direction. Service was 11L with nothing ahead.
As previously stated by Llama, the 319 is incapable of reaching 95mph on this stretch, and I've quoted Llama's excellent commentary which describes the graph.

Attached is GPS information for Salford Crescent - Bolton. Average speed of 64mph is very impressive.
Can be compared with post #1 if desired, which is an unchecked up journey.

Does seem to be a better run in spite of the lower maximum achieved. Gives an idea of what's possible I suppose.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

geoffk

Established Member
The TPE trains which call at Bolton don't seem to be aimed at those wanting to travel to Scotland in the morning. The 06.42 is too early for most but there's nothing then until 12.44! Coming south is better - 1708 from Glasgow or 20.11 from Edinburgh. Are they all due to call at Bolton at some time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.