• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boris Johnson Admitted to Hospital - Out of Intensive Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I must admit I was starting to get a bit suspicious of how quiet Boris had gone over the last few days and how Dominic Raab was suddenly a lot more prominent.

As a person, like every other case I hope he survives but I fear there is sadly a fairly high chance we might be about to witness the first PM death in office since the 19th century. That'll be a almighty challenge for our unwritten constitution to work out.

Yes - I was suspicious when Raab said he hadn't spoken to the PM since Saturday. Still in charge but hadn't spoken to his nominated deputy. Yeah right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can we please stay on topic; the forum has plenty of capacity for new threads to discuss any other topics.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Have seen many people on the web advertising a Clap for Boris tonight at 8pm.

Darandio

Established Member
A new update, he doesn't seem to have deteriorated any further at this point.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52201048

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is "in good spirits" after spending the night in intensive care being treated for coronavirus, No 10 has said.

A spokesman said Mr Johnson, 55, was stable overnight and is being given oxygen and is not on a ventilator.

It comes as Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove became the latest politician to self-isolate after a family member showed symptoms.

Mr Gove said he did not have symptoms and will continue working at home.

Mr Johnson was admitted to St Thomas' Hospital in central London with "persistent symptoms" of Covid-19 on Sunday and was moved to intensive care on Monday at 19:00 BST after his symptoms worsened.

In a statement on Tuesday, a Downing Street spokesman said: "The prime minister has been stable overnight and remains in good spirits. He is receiving standard oxygen treatment and is breathing without any other assistance.

"He has not required mechanical ventilation or non-invasive respiratory support."

A ventilator takes over the body's breathing process when disease has caused the lungs to fail.

Mr Johnson does not have pneumonia, Downing Street added.

The spokesman said that the mood in government is "determined", and ministers have a very clear plan set out by Mr Johnson for responding to the pandemic.

The Queen will continue to be kept regularly informed about Mr Johnson's condition and his weekly audiences with her will not go ahead, the spokesman added.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr Gove pledged that if there is any change in his condition "No 10 will ensure the country is updated".

the sniper

Established Member
No matter what your political views are, sportsman Nicky Grist shows his concern over the Prime Minister's health.

https://twitter.com/nickygrist/status/1247245087182069761

I always wondered what it'd take to get rallying rightfully back to being a prominent sport in this country. What with seeing Nicky Grist randomly quoted here on such significant current events, having seen the Dirt Rally game featured as THE positive story on BBC News the other day, with footage being broadcast, and having followed WRC Rally Mexico in March as it was elevated up the BT Sport TV schedule as it became one of the last live sporting events to take place on earth, I at least now know the answer. All it took was for the entire world shut down and all of humanity to have to sit down in quiet reflection... Recognition at last!

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Have seen many people on the web advertising a Clap for Boris tonight at 8pm.
While I wish him a speedy recovery I don't believe he's worth the same tribute as the critical care workers, especially since the venal leave.eu campaign jumped on this bandwagon. This kind of divisive rhetoric is just what we don't need.

I didn't hear any clapping round here last night.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
While I wish him a speedy recovery I don't believe he's worth the same tribute as the critical care workers, especially since the venal leave.eu campaign jumped on this bandwagon. This kind of divisive rhetoric is just what we don't need.

I didn't hear any clapping round here last night.

Same here. I don't wish ill health on anyone. I do think that his predicament may wake up a few doubters. However it is quite likely I will continue to see people who believe 'it will never happen to me' or that they do not understand the need to keep the pressure on the NHS to manageable levels.

Obviously we all have seen the debate on how long can this country (or any) sustain the damage inflicted to commerce etc. But the more sensible we are with optional encounters then the more relaxed the restrictions can be and so the NHS can keep other healthcare priorities alive.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
An update which sounds promising:

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved out of intensive care but remains in hospital, Downing Street has said.

Mr Johnson has been receiving treatment for coronavirus at St Thomas' Hospital in London since Sunday.

No 10 said he "has been moved this evening from intensive care back to the ward, where he will receive close monitoring during the early phase of his recovery".

A spokesman added: "He is in extremely good spirits."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52238276

MattA7

Boris Johnson has apparently been discharged from hospital but will still remain off work until he recovers

Status
Not open for further replies.