• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper 1S26 at York tonight (25/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash39

Established Member
Booked to stop at platform 5 in York for around 20 minutes tonight. Can anyone confirm if it's likely to be the case? They haven't done on past diversions.

Also could anyone confirm what's on it? Should be one from 026, 036 or 039.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just a friendly note that we do ask that people avoid things like headcodes in thread titles as not everyone has them memorised so it's not at all clear what a thread is about. I've edited the title for you on this occasion but in future please try to keep it in mind :)

ash39

Established Member
Sorry yeah, meant to put sleeper in the title as well. Won't bother staying up for it then, thanks for the info!

34D

Established Member
Presently both northbound sleepers are on the ECML, both running early. 1S25 (highland) is in the Newark area and 1S26 (lowland) north of Hitchin

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Just a friendly note that we do ask that people avoid things like headcodes in thread titles as not everyone has them memorised so it's not at all clear what a thread is about. I've edited the title for you on this occasion but in future please try to keep it in mind :)

Also, not all headcodes are unique- on busy lines numbers get reused, and some letters are used for more than one route.

Crompton Karl

I'm on sleeper tonight. While we're booked to stop there we never do nowadays as EC refuse to dispatch us. The only time we stop at york is when we have to do a crew swap, 23rd Dec last year for example, so crew can be home for Chrimbo etc...

ash39

Established Member
Cheers karl, which service are you on?

Usually they are booked to pass but the up lowland tonight is down for a 20 min stopped

Condor7

Why was the sleeper at York at all?
I could not see anything on the Network Rail site about diversions.
Have I missed something?
Thanks

causton

Established Member
Why was the sleeper at York at all?
I could not see anything on the Network Rail site about diversions.
Have I missed something?
Thanks

Usually due to overnight engineering works on the West Coast Main Line, especially on Sunday nights, the sleeper is diverted via the East Coast Main Line and runs as one service to Glasgow and Edinburgh combined without dividing... As no other services run overnight and the sleeper is the only service affected, it is not shown on any website, just the amended times for the sleeper are shown.

Otherwise there would be warnings of engineering work every week for which thousands of passengers would think applies to them... they would then read it then realise they wasted their time as it doesn't :P

ash39

Established Member
Nice to see such friendly co-operation on our fragmented railway 'network'.

To be fair, there won't be any EC station staff working at the times the sleepers pass through so I can see why.

Liam

Established Member
Why can't they dispatch themselves? Or is that not allowed at certain stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.