• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mralexn

The "Highland" Caledonian Sleeper service (1S25) has just past Rugby 284 Minutes late.
The only information that I can seem to find, is that this is due to a "train fault"

Does anyone have any more information on this? :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
From what I can see, it was doing well until Watford, where it lost 45 minutes, then it gradually slipped about half an hour until it got to MKC, where it lost three more hours. It's continued to slip past then and is now nearly five hours down on the Trent Valley.

mralexn

It seems to have stopped again, somewhere between Nuneaton and Amington Junction

Eagle

Established Member
The long wait at MKC makes me think that the 67 hauling it has gone kaput in some way, and it's now being hauled by something else (no idea why it's still going slow).

Yew

Established Member
Don't worry, the staff will get you to fill in a form in your cabin, and you will get your fare back under scotrails passenger charter. When I did the sleeper, I got into Glasgow at 10:30, and wasn't in Edinburgh till about 1. On the bright side I picked up my first emu, but I was disappointed on how noisy it was..

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
:lol: Not much chance of that seeing as it only arrived in Edinburgh at the time it should have been at Inverness.

That's the issue of 1S25 being the headcode that continues to Aberdeen isn't it?

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Air leak on one of the coaches - attention at Watford Jct , and fitter met train at MK - loco change at Crewe. (says log)

The Planner

Veteran Member
Incident 664862. "Driver heard clicking sounds enroute to Watford, Driver carrying out checks at Watford. Loco 90020". Looks like it stopped at various random places after there. Not much other info on the incident.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Incident 664862. "Driver heard clicking sounds enroute to Watford, Driver carrying out checks at Watford. Loco 90020". Looks like it stopped at various random places after there. Not much other info on the incident.

Not the tap dancers in the lounge car again? Some tourists just can't hold their drink. :D

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
No, 1S25 is Euston to Inverness via Stirling, Aviemore etc. the Aberdeen portion is 1A25 and that is shown as being cancelled this morning.

Certainly was. I should have been working it up to Aberdeen this morning. Was in work a good hour early this morning as well <(. Seated/Lounge car portion to Fort William left on time though.:D

twoag

Was this why I saw the calidonian sleeper heading through MKC at about 08:50 this morning going southbound?

twoag

no they are talking about the north bound sleeper ( i think!)

Realised that it was northbound but thought it might effect the southbound.. Stock returning or something.

I haven't seen it passing MKC at that time before..

mralexn

What will happen with the southbound staff tonight?
Do they not need to have a certain number of hours rest?
or is it a different crew

calc7

Established Member
Realised that it was northbound but thought it might effect the southbound.. Stock returning or something.

I haven't seen it passing MKC at that time before..

I've been stood at MKC at 11am and had the southbound (Lowland) sleeper pass!

VTPreston_Tez

I bet the customers got their sleep!
They should actually hold the sleeper somewhere which allows for extra hours' sleep, maybe at Preston P7 or Lancaster?

ushawk

Established Member
I bet the customers got their sleep!
They should actually hold the sleeper somewhere which allows for extra hours' sleep, maybe at Preston P7 or Lancaster?

So leaving London at 21.16 and getting into Inverness at 08.38, Aberdeen at 07.36 and Fort William at 09.54 isnt enough time for someone to get some sleep ?

Yew

Established Member
So leaving London at 21.16 and getting into Inverness at 08.38, Aberdeen at 07.36 and Fort William at 09.54 isnt enough time for someone to get some sleep ?

The highland is fine, but leaving london at 11:50, and then having to be out your bunk by 7:55 at edinburgh isnt such a good nights sleep, eslecially if you head to the launge car for a midnight snack.

When I did the sleeper we had delays, and it was a nice 8am wake up, then 2 hours of chilling in the sleeper compartment (half asleep, taking some bad photos out the window, and trying to work out the best way to get from glasgow to edinburgh) Really I should have checked the lounge car to see if there was any breakfast on offer.

calc7

Established Member

The user you quoted takes any opportunity to get Preston into the conversation.

ushawk

Established Member
The highland is fine, but leaving london at 11:50, and then having to be out your bunk by 7:55 at edinburgh isnt such a good nights sleep, eslecially if you head to the launge car for a midnight snack.

When I did the sleeper we had delays, and it was a nice 8am wake up, then 2 hours of chilling in the sleeper compartment (half asleep, taking some bad photos out the window, and trying to work out the best way to get from glasgow to edinburgh) Really I should have checked the lounge car to see if there was any breakfast on offer.

Couldnt it also be down to timetabling a sleeper into Edinburgh at around 9AM during peak time ?

ushawk

Established Member
IDK, it's just something he likes doing...

So for example if i said there should be an additional service from the East and West Coastways to London, they would say it needs to be extended to Preston via London Bridge, Sutton, Guildford, Reading, Bristol, Cardiff, Wrexham, Crewe, Manchester and Bolton to give these places direct links to each other ?

Status
Not open for further replies.