• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginge8991

Hi all,

I'm find myself in need of assistance once again. I am planning a trip to London and I am going down and up by train. I am using the Sleeper to get down and I was planning to use it going back up, however my itinerary may be rethought, meaning that I will travel back up earlier in the day.

To get to the point. What I am asking. Is it possible for me to get a refund from Caledonian Sleeper if I choose not to travel? And if so, how much time in advance do I need to apply for said refund?

If you managed to negotiate all of that drivel then I salute you.

A

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
I have received a refund for a sleeper supplement, so I don't see any reason that you wouldn't be able to refund a ticket. Bear in mind though that you get a reduced refund if you cancel less than 24 hours before your booked service.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The reduced refund being nothing as I found out to my cost when I cancelled a booking last summer with less than 24 hours to go due to illness.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Up to whatever the deadline is, it's a full refund less £10 admin fee. I've done it. It's surprisingly generous for discounted tickets, though it's probably like that because they don't have the mechanism in place to do changes for a £10 fee rather than refunds and rebooking.

najaB

Veteran Member
The reduced refund being nothing as I found out to my cost when I cancelled a booking last summer with less than 24 hours to go due to illness.
I avoided stating how much the reduction is as I've had different answers at different times. Around this time last year I booked a sleeper supplement for the wrong day (booked it around 3pm for today when it was meant to be tomorrow). Contacted them and got the new one booked and got a full refund (less £10).

On other occasions I've been told it's 75% refund the up to the day before, 50% refund up to 12pm on the day, nothing afterwards.

najaB

Veteran Member
It seems to be full refund less a tenner prior to 12 noon the day before travel, nothing after.

https://www.sleeper.scot/images/CSRefundForm.pdf

This tallies with what I've had.

The figures you quote are I think ScotRail ones.
Ironically, they are gWr's - Scotrail used to be exactly as you posted. But depending on who I asked I got different answers. Conflicting answers? Shock, horror!

Status
Not open for further replies.