• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Loco Hauled times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager 2093

I'am travelling to Birmingham Moor Street tomorrow from Marylebone and I wanted to know if anybody had the timings for the loco hauled stock?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'am travelling to Birmingham Moor Street tomorrow from Marylebone and I wanted to know if anybody had the timings for the loco hauled stock?

They don't run on weekends (except occasionally if there are sporting events on). Also in future can you do a search as there are several topics about the Chiltern loco hauled sets.

route:oxford

Established Member
If only there were a way to put some kind of fixed thread that stuck to the top of the forums.

That way, there could be a permanent place for people to find out when HSTs were running on XC services and loco hauled on Chiltern.

thefab444

Established Member
How about a stickied thread in this forum with a selection of PDF diagrams covering all the booked LHCS workings, as well as the XC HSTs?

Something like this:

Attachments

• Chiltern-LHCS-Diagrams.pdf
    42.2 KB · Views: 68

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
How about a stickied thread in this forum with a selection of PDF diagrams covering all the booked LHCS workings, as well as the XC HSTs?

Where's that like button gone again ;)

Yes; there's four of them at the top of this sub-forum alone, and a lot more located across the other sub-forums!

I suspect that route: oxford was speaking firmly tongue in cheek (like myself in my replies to their posts)!

Dampflok

The Chiltern LHCS services are clearly marked in their published timetable booklets - they have a white "B" in a black square at the top of the column. This denotes "Chiltern Railways train formed of carriages which may carry different branding". The "B" symbol also denotes that bicycles must be carried in the "special storage area at one end of the train" (DVT presumably!).

Cheers, Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.