• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sim

Sorry to hear that guys.
They had over 500 applicants for 10 jobs, and if half go to internal candidates then chances are pretty slim. I still haven't heard anything either.

Sorry to hear that guys.
They had over 500 applicants for 10 jobs, and if half go to internal candidates then chances are pretty slim. I still haven't heard anything either.

WHere do they get their driver's from normally? I assume Banbury come from depot roles, but their salary and t's and c's aren't that great that they can poach drivers in London or Birmingham. Do they promote guards?

OneTrackMind

A couple of things to take into consideration...

- Most of the vacancies I believe are for Aylesbury Depot.

- With the reduction in catering staff at Moor Street, any vacancies up there would naturally be absorbed by internal staff.

- The previous recruitment drive in 2014 showed an 8:2 split of internals:externals.

- Banbury depot isn't fully operational yet, the fueling road isn't due open till June at the moment either.

There is always a talent pool of Qualifieds they can dip in and out of being one of the more well paid TOC's.

Good luck to anyone that got past the paper sift!

Max287

Sorry for you guys who have already had the dreaded 'thanks for no thanks'! We must all keep trying! I have not heard a thing back from Chiltern myself, I'm sure mine will turn up eventually.

Has anybody yet had any good news from them?

A couple of things to take into consideration...

- Most of the vacancies I believe are for Aylesbury Depot.

- With the reduction in catering staff at Moor Street, any vacancies up there would naturally be absorbed by internal staff.

- The previous recruitment drive in 2014 showed an 8:2 split of internals:externals.

- Banbury depot isn't fully operational yet, the fueling road isn't due open till June at the moment either.

There is always a talent pool of Qualifieds they can dip in and out of being one of the more well paid TOC's.

Good luck to anyone that got past the paper sift!

From what I hear the qualified situation in Birmingham is trickier as XC (£58k over 4 days booked Sundays extra) and LM (50k over 4 days, Sundays not included) are competitive vs Chiltern £51k over 5 days.

JonnyH

Nothing here yet! I'm sure my generic thanks for your interest email will be along when office hours commence next week though!

Thomas choo

Well that all depends on what you class as office hours? I received my email at 19:00 so God knows what Timothy actually finish.

Anybody heard anything today? If it's true (as mentioned earlier) that they only had 500 applications, i would speculate that the length of time being taken to screen them all suggests they aren't using "key-word software".

Shakedown

Just got my 'didn't meet the short-listing criteria' mail. Shame. Good luck to those who are still in the pot.

Eddie9372

I've had the unlucky email too....... been in touch and the vacancies are only in Aylesbury so out of my area ....

Komma

Does anyone know what the maximum distance from Aylesbury depot is(time/miles)as I am 40 minutes/26 miles away and have not heard yet.

Trio

I understood the training was in Aylesbury but didn't realise the vacancies were there also. I just assumed they would be spread across their driver depots.

Sim

There seems to be no good news at all coming from this thread!
Job advert stated that jobs will be at depots where the toc need you, just training was undertaken in Aylesbury.

Eddie9372

That's the only reason I applied,,if it would have said Aylesbury If I knew it was to far to be excepted... Recruitment also said I can't apply for 6 months now which I find bad as I wouldn't have tried tilhis time

Trio

Eddie9372 did chiltern say the reason was because of distance? They can't stop you applying to other TOCs, just their own for 6 months.

OneTrackMind

That's the only reason I applied,,if it would have said Aylesbury If I knew it was to far to be excepted... Recruitment also said I can't apply for 6 months now which I find bad as I wouldn't have tried tilhis time

I'd be very surprised if they recruit for trainee drivers again within the next 6 months.

I still wonder whatever happened to all those who were going for depot driving in Banbury this time last year...

12guard4

I'd be very surprised if they recruit for trainee drivers again within the next 6 months.

I still wonder whatever happened to all those who were going for depot driving in Banbury this time last year...

It is mentioned a bit earlier in the thread that someone has heard it won't be until the end of the year when people would start. Must be vacancies coming up though wouldn't advertise for no reason.

332 > 444

I've had the unlucky email too....... been in touch and the vacancies are only in Aylesbury so out of my area ....

Not been rejected yet but had I known it was Aylesbury, I wouldn't have even bothered, way too far from East London.

It is mentioned a bit earlier in the thread that someone has heard it won't be until the end of the year when people would start. Must be vacancies coming up though wouldn't advertise for no reason.

I have heard there are several vacancies at Moor Street due to retirees this year. An earlier post intimated that these would be taken by atwring staff or qualifieds. Well if this is the case why advertise?

W230

Established Member
There's a qualified guy at my depot who has been contacted by their Chiltern recruitment so they obviously are taking on some staff though what percentage will be unqualified I have no idea.

Max287

I haven't heard anything yet, but, as some have already said, I would not have applied had I known it was only Aylesbury as I live nowhere near! I hope that isn't the case as I was hoping for something to come up in Birmingham. I hope to hear soon to put me out of this waiting misery!

Sim

I'm sure the job description said jobs at depots where the business needs you, and training undertaken in Aylesbury.
I don't think that will mean you have to live near Aylesbury to apply but under the impression you would have to relocate?

atochopefull

Appears no one has heard anything today from Chiltern. Certainly no one has posted they've been successful?

cfields

Anyone else heard anything? I'm still waiting, getting nerve wracking now! Good luck to everyone.

Trio

Nothing yet, just gotta be patient, this forum is full of people documenting how long the process can be, nothing different here with Chiltern.

Max287

Still nothing here yet either. Can't help but feel they just have'nt gotten around to me yet rather than think positively! Good luck to everybody else still playing the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.