• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Trainee Train Driver - Marylebone (11/01/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class2ldn

Banbury won't be taking anyone for a while i don't think, just had a big intake of trainees for the ewr project but most of them will now be on the main roster which I believe has been extended.

Speedbird100

Banbury won't be taking anyone for a while i don't think, just had a big intake of trainees for the ewr project but most of them will now be on the main roster which I believe has been extended.
Thanks for that. I applied last January for the Banbury Depot and then did some follow up questions after email requests to do so. After waiting months for an update, I was told my application had been lost!

Class2ldn

Oh thats a shame sorry to hear that.
Hopefully something will come up in the future

Murgy_murg

Just applied, good luck to everybody ! Absolutely horrible formatting of the application form if I must say.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Will Chiltern Railways be recruiting for other depots for trainee train drivers including Birmingham soon?

Birmingham have recently recruited several trainees for Moor Street so I would suggest not. Just be sure to keep an eye on the website and remember you must live within 45 minutes commute of your chosen depot to be eligible.

Unic0rn

Out of curiosity, is it only drivers recruited from Marlybone and Birmingham that drive the class 68 locomotives, and those recruited from the likes of Banbury would only drive the 165/168s? Or do Chiltern provide training on all locomotives during their initial training?

Out of curiosity, is it only drivers recruited from Marlybone and Birmingham that drive the class 68 locomotives, and those recruited from the likes of Banbury would only drive the 165/168s? Or do Chiltern provide training on all locomotives during their initial training?
I don’t work for Chiltern but like any TOC I’m guessing you will only be trained on the rolling stock that is used at your depot you are allocated to work at.

12LDA28C

Established Member

Banbury have no loco work, only Marylebone and Stourbridge drivers currently sign Class 68 and DVT traction, not Birmingham. You would not be trained on traction you're not expected to sign.

Murgy_murg

Can anyone point to any information on this test, regarding what may come up?

I received this email today, thanks in advance!

This thread is helpful, also, within the email is a link to some practice material which should be useful.

Echomike01

Ive been sent a link for the VSE. I’ve just purchased the sim. It’s not particularly cheap for what you’re getting but you can see yourself improving when it gives you your score at the end of every practice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 70

dotcomma

This thread is helpful, also, within the email is a link to some practice material which should be useful.
Thank you, this is absolutely brilliant.

dotcomma

Ive been sent a link for the VSE. I’ve just purchased the sim. It’s not particularly cheap for what you’re getting but you can see yourself improving when it gives you your score at the end of every practice
Appreciate the pointer!

I'll check it out.

Ses16

That program is great. Definitely prepared me for the VSE. Highly recommended.

Echomike01

That program is great. Definitely prepared me for the VSE.

Just completed the VSE. I believe I got every error on part 1. I got roughly 126/140 on part 2 and part 3 I was probably focused too much on the right Column. So I’ve failed unfortunately but good luck to everyone attempting it !!

Last edited:

Just completed the VSE. I believe I got every error on part 1. I got roughly 126/140 on part 2 and part 3 I was probably focused too much on the right Column. So I’ve failed unfortunately but good luck to everyone attempting it !!
Do you have a link for the sim ?