• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cityfox Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
This is also said to sell houses, but I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't think magnolia is a horrible colour (well, only one, my aunt, whose entire house is that colour). Mine was when I bought it, being ex-rental, but I've removed every last bit of it now - I'm quite a fan of bright colours, though I must admit I do like (good quality) laminate and my lounge is done in that.

But if you *must* go for a neutral colour, as I can see why you might, there are much nicer ones - white is nicer, but there are some very nice light cream and coffee colours that if I looked at a house I might just think I'd be happy leaving it like that and going for brightly-coloured furniture.

But Magnolia is horrid, it's just like someone puking on the wall and rubbing it in with a cheap paint roller from Poundland.

Not wishing to get into the realms of interior design but...

You paint something a neutral colour if you want to move it on. I don't like magnolia myself but it's the same as "dealer white". Also, magnolia is both cheap and easy to blend it - that's a pragmatic, and hard headed commercial decision when renting out properties!

You generally don't paint it to your own tastes unless you're having a longer term deal - keeping a vehicle or a home!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RhysHand

Well let's face it if you want a helpful comment, don't bother looking on this thread. Admittedly there are some helpful comments, but quite a few childish and argumentative comments.

Helpful comment? No one is paying you or asking you to look at this thread. I don't have to comment or answer your questions, and the way it's going, I'll stop doing so (again).

RhysHand

I heard the MAN was repossessed, but that is just a rumour. It went back to Wheelers in any case. Another bus that was painted and did two days work ? Seems to be a pattern forming here ?

Rumour? Yes lots of them. I hold a good relationship with Mr Wheeler as does Phil. So that 'rumour' is certainly a rumour. As I've said MANY times. What I choose to do with my business is MY business. I don't report to you, or anyone else.

RhysHand

Well, I think it's a lovely way for Rhys to spend his time and money...
Acquire an old bus for a short time, paint it up, and drive it around in his spare time and post pics on the internet... Lovely hobby..!
Has anyone enquired about the blue-painted decker, possibly a Plaxton President (?), a pic of which appeared somewhere on social media a few months ago, with Rhys stood proudly alongside it, with text suggesting it was his latest acquisition..?
Does anyone know the identity, and current status, of this vehicle..?

Thanks for your views. That's 60 seconds I'll never get back.

richw

Veteran Member
Currently on the cityfox group website there is a job vacancy advert for a part time PCV driver in Wales. So appears to be another operation on the cards.

The same website says cityfox taxis have 60 vehicles, cityfox bus 7 vehicles, and splendour 3 vehicles. I'm interested in what the city fox buses are, and also the splendour buses from an enthusiast point of view?

THarris123

Established Member
Helpful comment? No one is paying you or asking you to look at this thread. I don't have to comment or answer your questions, and the way it's going, I'll stop doing so (again).

How do you know no one is paying me to write on here?

Who asked you to come back writing on here anyway?

swifty

Established Member
How do you know no one is paying me to write on here?

Who asked you to come back writing on here anyway?

I'm sorry but you say you don't want to be involved in petty arguments, have a go at others for being childish on another thread, yet you keep goading Rhys with silly questions here!

Last edited:

winston270twm

Established Member
Currently on the cityfox group website there is a job vacancy advert for a part time PCV driver in Wales. So appears to be another operation on the cards.

The same website says cityfox taxis have 60 vehicles, cityfox bus 7 vehicles, and splendour 3 vehicles. I'm interested in what the city fox buses are, and also the splendour buses from an enthusiast point of view?

They don't own any, as has already been confirmed in this thread. The Scania Omnicity they did have in for sale via Nigel McCree.

RhysHand

I think we have confirmed many times that the website needs updating and it's in the process of being done.

The PCV driver advert has been live for some time because we were tendering for bus contracts. It's quite normal to advertise for positions when tendering for contracts.

D60

Thanks for your views. That's 60 seconds I'll never get back.

I know... Think of all those 60secs over the last 4 years creating an online 'virtual bus company'...
What's quite neat here though is that, whereas for many of us, owning an old bus and driving it around on our days off would be quite an expensive hobby...
But for Rhys, having a taxi business, presumably those costs can be offset against surpluses..?
A 'tax-efficient' way of indulging an overly developed interest in buses..!
(Oops.. there goes another 60secs..)

RhysHand

I know... Think of all those 60secs over the last 4 years creating an online 'virtual bus company'...
What's quite neat here though is that, whereas for many of us, owning an old bus and driving it around on our days off would be quite an expensive hobby...
But for Rhys, having a taxi business, presumably those costs can be offset against surpluses..?
A 'tax-efficient' way of indulging an overly developed interest in buses..!
(Oops.. there goes another 60secs..)

Very tax efficient indeed :) enjoy your weekend

Last edited:

nesw

I think we have confirmed many times that the website needs updating and it's in the process of being done.

The PCV driver advert has been live for some time because we were tendering for bus contracts. It's quite normal to advertise for positions when tendering for contracts.

It is normal to advertise for a position once the contract has been awarded?

It could be said that much of Rhys's publicity could well be viewed as attention seeking and by asking questions it gives the impression that people take him seriously. I've yet to speak to anyone who does, although there are a few & having Phil as a director obviously gave some of the recent exploits a degree of believability.

It's entertaining at least!

RhysHand

It is normal to advertise for a position once the contract has been awarded?

It could be said that much of Rhys's publicity could well be viewed as attention seeking and by asking questions it gives the impression that people take him seriously. I've yet to speak to anyone who does, although there are a few & having Phil as a director obviously gave some of the recent exploits a degree of believability.

It's entertaining at least!

Glad you've got something in your (obviously) boring life to find entertaining !

THarris123

Established Member
I'm sorry but you say you don't want to be involved in petty arguments, have a go at others for being childish on another thread, yet you keep goading Rhys with silly questions here!

Very true swifty. I tend to try Childish arguments against Rhys mainly due to him coming back with such rude comments. I think I'd better stop, as it is getting as silly as Cityfox itself.

richw

Veteran Member

You keep saying your updating but actions speak louder than words. There are several claims on your website that may land you in hot water with the Advertising standards authority. There are so many inaccuracies on your website you'd be better off taking it offline until its fixed.

RhysHand

You keep saying your updating but actions speak louder than words. There are several claims on your website that may land you in hot water with the Advertising standards authority. There are so many inaccuracies on your website you'd be better off taking it offline until its fixed.

Thanks for your advice !

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Noticed a tweet from Cityfox last night that said they are launching Airconnect on August 1st, from Clifton to (presumably) Bristol airport. But the tweet had been deleted when I woke up this morning.

THarris123

Established Member
Noticed a tweet from Cityfox last night that said they are launching Airconnect on August 1st, from Clifton to (presumably) Bristol airport. But the tweet had been deleted when I woke up this morning.

Hmmm could be interesting. Wonder if they have a bus for it if its real.

THarris123

Established Member
Ah, the old Cityfox thread comes back to life.

Cityfox Bus Limited is overdue in submitting their confirmation statement to Companies House.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10209946

Yes I just noticed that too.

I notice that Cityfox is set up under 3 different companies. Cityfox Bus, Cityfox Taxis and Cityfox Group Ltd.

Rhys what is Cityfox Group Ltd for? Is that the consultancy work, etc? Is Cityfox Bus active?

Colly405

Yes I just noticed that too.

I notice that Cityfox is set up under 3 different companies. Cityfox Bus, Cityfox Taxis and Cityfox Group Ltd.

Rhys what is Cityfox Group Ltd for? Is that the consultancy work, etc? Is Cityfox Bus active?
I would imagine the "Group" company is the holding company, a bit like FirstGroup plc is.

RhysHand

I would imagine the "Group" company is the holding company, a bit like FirstGroup plc is.

You've hit the nail on the head. CityFox Group is the holding (ownership) company of all the other Ltd companies. I am then the sole shareholder of the group.

CityFox Bus Ltd was formed a year ago to be used to tender for contracts - it has done some consultancy, but most of our consultancy activities are done through Excite Venues Ltd.

THarris123

Established Member
You've hit the nail on the head. CityFox Group is the holding (ownership) company of all the other Ltd companies. I am then the sole shareholder of the group.

CityFox Bus Ltd was formed a year ago to be used to tender for contracts - it has done some consultancy, but most of our consultancy activities are done through Excite Venues Ltd.

Can you just clarify if you're the sole shareholder of the group holding company or the whole entire group (i.e. Cityfox Group, Cityfox Bus and Cityfox Taxis)? Is Phil still involved and doing consultancy work?

Going back to the Twitter message about the taxi sharing scheme you posted and removed - why was it removed?

RhysHand

Can you just clarify if you're the sole shareholder of the group holding company or the whole entire group (i.e. Cityfox Group, Cityfox Bus and Cityfox Taxis)? Is Phil still involved and doing consultancy work?

Going back to the Twitter message about the taxi sharing scheme you posted and removed - why was it removed?

I have said before many times, I am the only shareholder of the whole business.

It was removed because the timetable has been adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.