• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

class 319/0 shocking state

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
I just boarded an fcc 319/0 ex southern unit in a shocking state internally and externally. Windows were so murky you couldn't see through them, damaged Windows, the floor was ravished to the bone, the once attractive art pieces were covered over... to sum up looked grim and depressing almost third world. Internally the year could be 1993! How could fcc say the refurbishment of said class was fully complete? The refurbished southern 377 was a joy to behold and with regards the 442 i was on although i am not sure about the durability of the interior (and. lights are dim) still a vast improvement in terms of upkeep!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12CSVT

Established Member
Was it 319011 by any chance ? It's been covered in graffiti for weeks. Apparantly there are no plans to relivery the remaining 319/0s and 319/2s.

lewisf

I see them pass through Wimbledon and there was one a few weeks ago that had almost a complete coach covered in graffiti.

I guess the reason that they're not being re-liveried is that they are being replaced soon.

387star

On Moderation
Ah that was what I meant :p

It wasn't covered in graffiti from what I could see. All 319/0s must be dire as they have had little internal change since they were built. 319/2 are probably the best.

Do 319/3 and 319/4 have the same seating as the 319/0 if so it isn't very comfortable!

lewisf

The phrase is usually 'ravaged to the bone'. Ravished means something quite different... :D

Where's that like button?:lol:

facebook-like-button.jpg

387star

On Moderation
Let's hope those Great Westerners used to class 165/166 haven't travelled on a 319/0

jon0844

Veteran Member
I guess the reason that they're not being re-liveried is that they are being replaced soon.

Not that soon. I do think they've struggled to refresh them all given they're not exactly left with spare stock to sit around long enough to do inside and out. Security wise, are these trains getting hit when they're down in Kent?

On the GN side, it seems that security is pretty good. How many trains get attacked at Hornsey or the other places they're stabled overnight (e.g. WGC)?

asylumxl

Established Member
Not that soon. I do think they've struggled to refresh them all given they're not exactly left with spare stock to sit around long enough to do inside and out. Security wise, are these trains getting hit when they're down in Kent?

On the GN side, it seems that security is pretty good. How many trains get attacked at Hornsey or the other places they're stabled overnight (e.g. WGC)?

Yes. As always it's usually at Bellingham sidings. When I asked someone at FCC they said that SE don't give a sh*t about the security.

Established Member
Yes. As always it's usually at Bellingham sidings. When I asked someone at FCC they said that SE don't give a sh*t about the security.

Blame someone else syndrome, a great sign of the modern railway being in force :roll:

Electrostar

It doesn't surprise me. Southeastern can't even look after their own stock let alone those on dual-TOC operated services. And unfortunately for FCC I'm sure most passengers associate the 319s with them rather than Southeastern who operate the Kent-bound services. Perhaps it's time for the DfT to start stipulating levels of cleanliness like TfL do with LOROL services.

Class377/5

Established Member

Ashford believe it or not is another hot spot.

I remember the 377 that came back. Coach and a half in complete thick sliver. Only the PIS cam through at City. Funny thing was when the doors opened it looked like a spaceship!

asylumxl

Established Member

I remember the 377 that came back. Coach and a half in complete thick sliver. Only the PIS cam through at City. Funny thing was when the doors opened it looked like a spaceship!

I do believe it!

I saw that I think. It had been delivered not long before, if my memory is correct!

If not, I've seen it all anyway. I'm on TL all the bloody time lol.

Here's one i saw at Farringdon. Pretty thorough. I wonder if the windows were stripped or if they were trying to design their own livery :lol:

Attachments

• carriage.jpg
    carriage.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

lewisf

I do believe it!

I saw that I think. It had been delivered not long before, if my memory is correct!

Here's one i saw at Farringdon. Pretty thorough. I wonder if the windows were stripped or if they were trying to design their own livery :lol:

This must have been the one I saw at Wimbledon.

NIMBUS

One of the 319/2s was a Hornsey at the weekend (216 BICBW), in an overall advertising livery that I don't recall seeing before.

asylumxl

Established Member
I think at the moment there is the Swiss Tourism and Lyca Mobile liveries. There's another one maybe but I don't remember it at at the moment.

TheJRB

Established Member

I'm quite surprised at that; the east sidings (also where one or two Colas 66s are regularly stabled) are quite elevated on an embankment with high fences and I've always thought the Hitachi depot looked very secure and clean. Then again, the vandalism seems impossible to stop sometimes. :(

Back to the 319s: I saw 319217 at Brighton back in November (which is of course somewhat ironically called Brighton) and I must say from what I saw (the exterior only) it looked dirty and unwelcoming as well as covered in graffiti at one end.

Class377/5

Established Member
I do believe it!

Yes, in fact not even sure it had the full FCC livery before it got hit. That one in the picture was hit over the weekend. The problem of the Core spilt and stock out off FCC turf doesn't help.

I'm quite surprised at that; the east sidings (also where one or two Colas 66s are regularly stabled) are quite elevated on an embankment with high fences and I've always thought the Hitachi depot looked very secure and clean. Then again, the vandalism seems impossible to stop sometimes. :(

Back to the 319s: I saw 319217 at Brighton back in November (which is of course somewhat ironically called Brighton) and I must say from what I saw (the exterior only) it looked dirty and unwelcoming as well as covered in graffiti at one end.

Nothing impossible if you want it enough. Ashford is a regular place for the 377's getting hit but it's once every few months at its height. But more recently there hasn't been much incidents with Ashford. The siding that the 377's get hit at Ashford is the one across from the depot nearer the shopping Center. However the 319's get hit pretty much every weekend while off patch.

For an example of how far these people go, during one of the early 377/5 deliveries, the train arrived at Selhurst. The crew jumped out and showed their paperwork to the guy there. By the time they got back they had spray painted a brand new unit in Selhurst depot. If they are willing to do it with people around, it shows how far these people will go and no security is safe enough.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
The 319/2 are particularly grubby , some effort is made at graffiti cleaning - but the overall fleet is well below standards IMHO. Hopefully the start of 7 day through working will result in less outstabling and more visits to the wash plants - though the whole lot could do with a good hand bash to get the standards back.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Yes, in fact not even sure it had the full FCC livery before it got hit. That one in the picture was hit over the weekend. The problem of the Core spilt and stock out off FCC turf doesn't help.

Nothing impossible if you want it enough. Ashford is a regular place for the 377's getting hit but it's once every few months at its height. But more recently there hasn't been much incidents with Ashford. The siding that the 377's get hit at Ashford is the one across from the depot nearer the shopping Center. However the 319's get hit pretty much every weekend while off patch.

For an example of how far these people go, during one of the early 377/5 deliveries, the train arrived at Selhurst. The crew jumped out and showed their paperwork to the guy there. By the time they got back they had spray painted a brand new unit in Selhurst depot. If they are willing to do it with people around, it shows how far these people will go and no security is safe enough.

One of the XC Voyagers got a graffiti hit on its first day , one of my biggest embarrasments was arranging a delivery of brand new 83 Tube stock (!) from Birmingham which was throughly done over during a stand at Aylesbury.

Very well organised these vandals - one does wonder how they get their information at times.

Class377/5

Established Member
One of the XC Voyagers got a graffiti hit on its first day , one of my biggest embarrasments was arranging a delivery of brand new 83 Tube stock (!) from Birmingham which was throughly done over during a stand at Aylesbury.

Very well organised these vandals - one does wonder how they get their information at times.

Does seem to be an element of knowledge within them. Hell new graffiti has started popping up now under the name 10 foot, 6 foot and other railway terms.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
We outstabled a 6 car 313 at Willesden HL one Sat night - from around 2300 to 0800 , unplanned due to engineering access problems. Ended up being plastered from end to end - dont tell me that someone "inside" didnt tip somebody off of this rare and unpoliced location to carry out a major graffiti hit.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
I saw a TOX03 (I think it was) recently.....just outside Kingham, in deepest Cotswolds Oxfordshire. Unexpected and unwelcome, but at least it was alone.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I remember seeing TOX in Paris too! May have been real, or one of the many copycats.

387star

On Moderation
Travelled on 319/3 and 319/4 units yesterday which were very well presented internally including the toilet areas. These units recieved a proper refurbishment so I am not sure why the 319/0s didn't as FGW are refurbishing their 150/1s despite the franchise ending soon.

I wanted to ask if any 319/3 or 319/4 have a Thameslink interior still because just before the franchise changed hands Thameslink carried out a refresh on some units when the livery was changed... there was one unit still in Thameslink silver livery relatively recently...

Class377/5

Established Member
Travelled on 319/3 and 319/4 units yesterday which were very well presented internally including the toilet areas. These units recieved a proper refurbishment so I am not sure why the 319/0s didn't as FGW are refurbishing their 150/1s despite the franchise ending soon.

I wanted to ask if any 319/3 or 319/4 have a Thameslink interior still because just before the franchise changed hands Thameslink carried out a refresh on some units when the livery was changed... there was one unit still in Thameslink silver livery relatively recently...

Mainly because the first 319's were due to be withdrawn in winter 12/13. The idea was for a fully refurbishment of all the 319 to include CIS and such as the new Thameslink fleet displaced the units. As the delays have mounted the 319's have been worked harder than originally expected and now there's even talk of scraping them.

With this background there is no justification financially for refurbishing the 319's at the money on valve for money terms.

As for the Sliver 319430, that lost its sliver livery well over 18 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.