• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Comedic "things you would ban": minor things that irritate you

The Albion

I've got some supermarket niggles...
The following should all be illegal...
  1. People who can't be bothered to take their trolley back to the trolley stand.
  2. People who eat things before paying for them.
  3. People who let their children sit in trolleys.
Children in supermarkets ( full stop ) on Saturday mornings.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I have thought of some little comedic things I would ban myself -

People who walk around a town centre eating a pie/pastie out of a paper bag, while pushing their child in a chair who is also eating a pie/pastie out of a paper bag (those of you who live in places like Wigan & St Helens will appreciate what I'm on about!).

SNIP

CJ

Also seeing young babies with a dummy in their mouth.

My mum never used a dummy at all with me and my three elder brothers, and my brother also never used a dummy with his son and daughter at all (born 1998 and 2001 respectively).

The use of a dummy of my mum's generation was perceived as lazy parenting, as the parent would not be giving its attention at all, plus with something in its mouth, you would not be able to make out what they are saying.

SteveM70

Established Member
People over the age of 12 wearing replica football shirts, other than for exercise / playing sport

gg1

Established Member
The supporting of a football team based in a town/ city where you have neither lived or have a family connection to is forbidden. Special dispensation will be given to those people bought up in towns with no football team at all, they can choose which team to support with the caveat it must be a team at league 1 level or lower who have not won a trophy for at least 50 years.

Gloster

Established Member
Wearing army surplus camouflage gear around town every time this country gets involved in a military intervention to try and make people think you are a hero just back from the battlefield. Those people who did this at the time of the Gulf War know what I mean: your only military use would have been to hide a tank behind your beer belly.

Established Member
People over the age of 12 wearing replica football shirts, other than for exercise / playing sport

What is wrong with me, at 28 years old, wearing a replica football shirt to show support for my team?

madjack

Any ad which uses the expression 'two times' rather than 'twice'. Anyone able to shed any light on why?
Easier to understand for non-native English speakers. A number of features of English are slowly changing as the language becomes more international and some errors are becoming more acceptable.

My controversial self can't wait for this...

Alcohol at football stadiums
the European Union
small countries that serve no point (Liechtenstein, Andorra, San Marino, Vatican City to name some)
People that just follow what their obviously crazy partner says (i.e. my grandfather, my neighbour etc. etc.)
Bikes on the road right next to the official bike path (either on the roadside barriered off or on the pavement - however only where a cycle route runs through it!)
Road signs that are hidden behind trees at odd angles
Futons
Trains without toilets
the Class 196's destination board. Very odd
Commemorative coins

daveo

When I am supreme leader, the following will be banned:

Ties - uncomfortable, get in the way and serve no useful function whatsoever
Very useful to -
use in an emergency if your belt breaks.
To keep the ketchup etc from you fast food burger off your shirt.

Otherwise I would agree with you :)

Class465pacer

The supporting of a football team based in a town/ city where you have neither lived or have a family connection to is forbidden. Special dispensation will be given to those people bought up in towns with no football team at all, they can choose which team to support with the caveat it must be a team at league 1 level or lower who have not won a trophy for at least 50 years.
Football must be one of the only things in the world where this sort of gatekeeping is accepted. People cannot choose where they are born and shouldn’t be forced to support a club they don’t want to.

gg1

Established Member
Football must be one of the only things in the world where this sort of gatekeeping is accepted. People cannot choose where they are born and shouldn’t be forced to support a club they don’t want to.

I refer you to the thread title, you seem to be taking my post a little too seriously.

alex397

Established Member
Anyone found littering should be deported to Siberia for 10 years.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Alcohol at football stadiums
As a counter to this, the arbitrary and counterproductive rule that if I have a beer at the football I have to queue, pay, and drink the beer in the concourse within 15 minutes before returning to my seat for the second half. If I'm at a Rugby League game in the same stadium (where fans of opposing teams aren't even segregated) I can take my beer to my seat and take my time over it. Do they (the rule-makers) not realise that making people drink more quickly is more likely to increase problem drunkenness?

Oh, and if anyone says "that's because rugby fans know how to behave" then I can only assume they've never encountered Warrington, Salford or Hull FC supporters!