• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 408 :: Voting

POTW 408

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.1%

Votes: 3 9.4%

Votes: 2 6.3%

Votes: 4 12.5%

Votes: 6 18.8%

Votes: 9 28.1%

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
After all that, it doesn't actually seem like the strongest line up ever. I can honestly see mine getting at least one vote. And it's harder to determine than I thought!* Still, though, David has a point...

When it comes to finally casting the vote, and not just discussing as much, I shall vote for number 3. Which was apparently taken in October 2010.

*EDIT, in pessimist mode: Actually, I do not :cry:

odol

Nmber 6 for me. Good picture where I can see the whole EMU. Also numbers 8 and 13 but the 6 is technically the best for me.

marku51

I think that there were quite a few really nice shots this week. I went with 8, just because I think that the lighting is really well done. I really liked a few of the others (6, 10, 13 and 14) but I really like snow shots. And I thought 11 was a pretty cool shot.

mark u

Multiple Unit

Difficult to choose between 8 & 11 but in the end Ive gone with No 8 as I have a passion for the Ladies in Red.

FlyingScot

I went for number 2 as the first great eastern makes those class look nice.:D
I like those trains, I forgot the class at time of typing.:oops:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I remembered it's 321.

bengley

Established Member
Number 12, hands down. Best picture I've ever seen.

Ivo

Established Member
See, the problem is that they were responding to me. But me, being an Aspie, means I have no idea about effectively anything to do with sarcasm! <(

Phoenix

Established Member
Yes, it was sarcasm.

Well in that case I suggest you keep for vile opinions to yourself because people do not come onto this site to have their photo's mocked.
My mother taught me that if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all and if you want to say something nasty you don't deserve the right to talk at all.

I hope this post leaves a bitter taste in your mouth because I cannot stand sarcasm and mockery.

Ivo

Established Member
I hope this post leaves a bitter taste in your mouth because I cannot stand sarcasm and mockery.

If I might add a bit of humour to this comment, presumably we are still permitted to mock ourselves?

Yay, I'm about to find out that my first ever entry scored zero!!! :D:D:D:D:D Hows that for optimism? :D:D:D:D:D

N.B.: Sorry I didn't pick up on said "sarcasm". Even by Aspie standards I am poor with sarcasm.

Phoenix

Established Member
If I might add a bit of humour to this comment, presumably we are still permitted to mock ourselves?

Yay, I'm about to find out that my first ever entry scored zero!!! :D:D:D:D:D Hows that for optimism? :D:D:D:D:D

N.B.: Sorry I didn't pick up on said "sarcasm". Even by Aspie standards I am poor with sarcasm.

Oh yeah humor is defiantly allowed god the world would be crap without it just taking the mick out others work without them being a friend or whatnot is just wrong and unprofessional.

bengley

Established Member
Sorry but I'm a sarcastic person, and a bit of negativity doesn't hurt anyone once in a while. I think you went a bit over the top calling it a 'vile opinion'.

Over exaggerating much?

Jordy

Established Member
Guess who's won again :lol:

thumb_323214%2B209_in__the_dip__outside_New_Street.jpg

01 - Meridian richard
02 - steve 46010
03 - TGVDUDE
04 - Mojo
05 - Crossforth
06 - Matt Taylor
07 - Phoenix
08 - Swiss Toni
09 - Ivo
10 - Old Timer
11 - mumrar
12 - 91107
13 - Ferret
14 - 87015

Ivo

Established Member
I didn't actually think that that picture was all that. But I must be psychic, or something. Accurately guessing how many votes I would score! ...Oh wait. That's a bad thing :roll:

Lampshade

Established Member
Sorry but I'm a sarcastic person, and a bit of negativity doesn't hurt anyone once in a while. I think you went a bit over the top calling it a 'vile opinion'.

Over exaggerating much?

Well you might have a valid opinion if you'd have bothered to enter, being sarcastic about other entries when you didn't even make the effort does constitute a 'vile opinion' in my book.

Phoenix

Established Member

Over exaggerating much?

No not over exaggerating and i'll waste my time and explain why.
I spend a lot of time on photography and try my hardest everyday to get the best shots I can and I take a lot of critique from others but 99% of the time it's constructive and that goes all the way to me bettering my skills.

You on the other hand have come literally out of no where and pointed out how bad a photo is although some sarcasm conversion is required.
My question is why out of all the comments you could of made about the various photo's did you have to go for that one ?

Like what has just been said have you entered a photo ? apparently not.

You say your a sarcastic person well that's your problem and not the forums no one asked your opinion or your sarcasm.

The reason I basically going to town on you is because you managed to possibly hurt someones feelings because of lack of thought on your part then when I decide to tell you where to go you act like im being some neo nazi towards you.

bengley

Established Member
Well you might have a valid opinion if you'd have bothered to enter, being sarcastic about other entries when you didn't even make the effort does constitute a 'vile opinion' in my book.

My opinion is far from vile. Vile is a strong word and if you actually think that what I said was vile, then I think you need to open your eyes and look at the real world.

And don't take this like I'm attacking you, or anyone for that matter, but I am just trying to make my point heard for once rather than everyone just having a go at me when I have an opinion.
No not over exaggerating and i'll waste my time and explain why.
I spend a lot of time on photography and try my hardest everyday to get the best shots I can and I take a lot of critique from others but 99% of the time it's constructive and that goes all the way to me bettering my skills.

You on the other hand have come literally out of no where and pointed out how bad a photo is although some sarcasm conversion is required.
My question is why out of all the comments you could of made about the various photo's did you have to go for that one ?

Like what has just been said have you entered a photo ? apparently not.

You say your a sarcastic person well that's your problem and not the forums no one asked your opinion or your sarcasm.

The reason I basically going to town on you is because you managed to possibly hurt someones feelings because of lack of thought on your part then when I decide to tell you where to go you act like im being some neo nazi towards you.

I'm guessing it's yout picture, so I'll try not to be too critical, but entering a blurred image which appears to be taken from a mobile phone to a photo competition seems to be a waste of time. Because I like to give constructive criticism I won't just be negative.

The photo would have been better had it have been taken on a tripod with a DSLR (assuming that it wasn't). The colours and lighting are really nice, and had it have been a steady shot, it could have been the best one here.

Obviously at night most cameras have a slower shutter speed automatically, so taking pictures of a moving train at night is not the best way to get a good photograph.

Ivo

Established Member
The photo in question, number 12, was entered by the other person you have quoted in the above post, 91107. Just to clarify.

GB

Established Member
If you read the last post by Jordy you will see whos picture number 12 is.

Established Member
The photo would have been better had it have been taken on a tripod with a DSLR (assuming that it wasn't). The colours and lighting are really nice, and had it have been a steady shot, it could have been the best one here.

I wouldn't say that either are that important for getting a good night shot.

I got this pic using a P&S camera and a fencepost.

mumrar

Established Member
I also have to disagree with the assertion that a DSLR would have been needed. A tripod certainly would have helped, as it offers more positional freedom than a fencepost. Plus, having seen, and heard, someones camera blow off a fencepost, it's safer to use a tripod.

Swiss Toni

Sorry but I'm a sarcastic person, and a bit of negativity doesn't hurt anyone once in a while.
Sarcasm has no place in a photo competition and bengley isn't the only culprit. In his case he was trying to be funny and failed miserably, other people have different agendas.

It probably has something to do with insecurity or being bullied at school!

bengley

Established Member
I wouldn't say that either are that important for getting a good night shot.

I got this pic using a P&S camera and a fencepost.

That's a really nice picture. Obviously a tripod isn't necessary if you have an alternative method, but as it has been said, tripods offer more freedom.
Sarcasm has no place in a photo competition and bengley isn't the only culprit. In his case he was trying to be funny and failed miserably, other people have different agendas.

It probably has something to do with insecurity or being bullied at school!

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was just being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.