• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 431 :: Voting

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 12 35.3%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 14 41.2%

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Same here!

Don't know how the NR Test Train is Freight!?

Swiss Toni

Modern traction doesn't particularly appeal to me and I usually use it for photographic practice. :D
However I do appreciate a well taken shot, which is why I like number 6.

The exposure and lighting are spot on, it's sharp well composed and what a background!
If I have one complaint it's that it's too tightly framed for my liking, but that doesn't alter my vote.

Ivo

Established Member
I felt quite underwhelmed by the selection last week, but this lot really does go a long way to negating that! Some quality shots all round. I must however side with Swiss Toni on this one, and vote for number 6 this week.

One thing that struck me was how five of the eight shots were from East Anglia and/or the Great Eastern Main Line...

Matt Taylor

Established Member
I've gone for number six, it probably won't win because it isn't British but in my opinion it is the best image.

mumrar

Established Member
I've gone for number six, it probably won't win because it isn't British but in my opinion it is the best image.

My vote also belongs to number 6, for the reasons previously outlined, it's the best photograph, and I can't really care for foreign trains either.

Pumbaa

Established Member
6 - as others say above. Also displays power, and is more interesting than a Skoda. Mind you, pretty much everything else is.

atomicdanny

I went for 6 as well although mainly because of the scenary and that its a brilliant picture (not that the rest are bad though they are fairly ok)

Teaboy1

#6 for me....! Just variety and some novelty factor, plus its well taken.
#8 also well composed and colourful........but lost out by a whisker.

Jordy

Established Member
If it isn't there there must have been a problem with the upload process, if it happens again drop me a PM.

Crossover

Established Member
Can anybody explain why mine wasn't included? I did upload it.

I have had a problem a while back when it didn't upload mine either but its been fine since so I suspect the page may have timed out or something.

I have also had problems with not getting the captions on images too which Jordy advised me to put the caption in both text fields and I haven't had any problem since

Jordy

Established Member
I try to move captions into the description box when they have been incorrectly placed into the title box but sometimes don't notice. If you put it into the description box (or both!) it will certainly appear.

We haven't had any problems with uploading the photos since I enabled the auto-resize function a few months back but if people do have repeated problems uploading images please PM me.

Congrats to 33056

thumb_244229.jpg

01 - atomicdanny
02 - curly42
03 - ladysue
04 - Crossforth
05 - steve 46010
06 - 33056
07 - Buffer68
08 - theblakwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.