• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Court Summons next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I think this thread has run its course.

OP, I have nothing to add apart from what I said in my last post, get in touch with CrossCountry Prosecutions team over the phone if you have not yet done so (not Customer Service), and preferably through a solicitor.

If you are planning on pleading not guilty, definitely consult and then use a solicitor, who can also arrange for last-minute settlements to be negotiated with the prosecution on the date of the hearing. Representing yourself is likely to end up in a total disaster for you.

I think that sums up all of it. I don't think there is much else forum members can help you with. There is a lot of irrelevant information in this thread, so you really need to focus on the core issues, which is that your actions typify that of a fare-dodger, and CrossCountry have refused so far to believe your story that you intended originally to travel to Sheffield. I cannot see any procedural irregularity from their part that would undermine the case from what you have said so far, and don't think I will.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.