• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Drivers - Multiple Depots (12/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunfordBridge

I logged in yesterday and it said End of Process. No rejection emails as such so their Cross Country HR are not exactly competing for employer of the year.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I logged in yesterday and it said End of Process. No rejection emails as such so their Cross Country HR are not exactly competing for employer of the year.
That's very common from DB it seems, I'm still In Process, but I won't hold my breath. Freightliner are no better

Ashley872

Good Afternoon all,

So excited, I’ve been invited to an interview on Monday at Leicester station!

Anybody else heard anything back yet? Good luck!

Diedinium

Good Afternoon all,

Good going! Nothing for me yet, guess they're not interviewing anyone for Bristol, not yet at least.

Or I messed up the RAAT badly and I've already failed lol

Last edited:

SD1

Good Afternoon all,

Hi Ashley
Do you know what the interview is? Just wondering if its the DMI and if they do this before OPC testing. Or if anyone else knows arriva recruitment process could please shed some light?
Thankyou

Ashley872

Hi Ashley
Do you know what the interview is? Just wondering if its the DMI and if they do this before OPC testing. Or if anyone else knows arriva recruitment process could please shed some light?
Thankyou
Hi!

Not sure to be honest, the email I got just says the date, time and location of the interview. It did also however say that the interview will be approximately 1 hour long, and will be conducted by 2 interviewers. No mention of anymore test yet, so would assume they conduct these later based on if you’re successful at this interview or not.

Hope this helps!

EmmD

Hi!

Not sure to be honest, the email I got just says the date, time and location of the interview. It did also however say that the interview will be approximately 1 hour long, and will be conducted by 2 interviewers. No mention of anymore test yet, so would assume they conduct these later based on if you’re successful at this interview or not.

Hope this helps!
Yes it’s DMI first and then they put people who pass through the testing.

Diedinium

Hi!

Hope this helps!
Nice, let us know how it goes!

SD1

Yes it’s DMI first and then they put people who pass through the testing.
Thank you Emma just confirming that dmi doesn't count as one of your lives. Is it just the mmi and opc tests that count as lives?

5hunter

Still “Application in Progress” for mine. I applied for the Newcastle option. Still optimistic though but even if I don’t get through I already work in the rail industry as a depot controller. I’ll just keep bettering my experience as time goes on.

cazza0811

Hi!

Hope this helps!
Fantastic stuff! :) I’ve also had an email inviting me to an interview.

Diedinium

Ah nice, I just got invited as well (Bristol) - looks like they've been working their way around the applicants for different depos.

Carl98k

I got the “you didn’t reach the standard” email last week. But today got a start date with another TOC. Good luck luck to everyone on your adventure.

Ashley872

Fantastic stuff! :) I’ve also had an email inviting me to an interview.
Congratulations! Good luck! I had my interview today, fingers crossed

I got the “you didn’t reach the standard” email last week. But today got a start date with another TOC. Good luck luck to everyone on your adventure.
Both sorry to hear that, and congratulations on your new role!

Last edited:

cazza0811

It went well I think. Incredibly friendly guys! They were very clear on the next stages, and told me I will hear back by the end of the week. So fingers crossed!
Thank you :) I’m glad yours went well.

Fingers crossed for you!

Congratulations! Good luck! I had my interview today, fingers crossed

Both sorry to hear that, and congratulations on your new role!
To this even

Does anyone know the type of questions they ask you at the interview? I guess it’ll be the usual competency stuff…name a time when etc?

Last edited:

TacoTraveller

My application still shows in process but I've not had anything since the confirmation email saying it'll take 3-4 weeks to reply.

I applied for Leicester but had my cover letter stating Birmingham as I heard they were looking to hire people there in the not too distant future.

Good luck to anyone who's progressed, I feel my application is just going to disappear off the application screen with no formal "sorry not this time"

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
My application for Brum was wiped from my career portal over the weekend. No notification as to why, yet.
Mine is still on there, but I'm not expecting a further response now so stuck in the never ending 'In Progress' for me.

Mine is still on there, but I'm not expecting a further response now so stuck in the never ending 'In Progress' for me.
I had apps in for both B'ham and Derby. Derby is still showing 'in process' but my Birmingham application disappearing has surprised me. Not because I was expecting to progress but, as mentioned previously, there was some suggestion that Birmingham maybe a prioritised depot (as per posts #321 & #328).

Status
Not open for further replies.