• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cumbrian Coast Loco Hauled Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby Atkinson

Does anybody know what stock will be running on the Cumbrian coast once the pacers are withdrawn and the Furness line gets 195s. Will it be purely 2 car 156s?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pug Washer

search
150s are not authorised through Maryport Tunnel so, in reality, north of Barrow
I think you mean the small bridge that goes over the track just North of the station? Clearance is pretty tight through it it seems

Whistler40145

Established Member
If 150s aren't cleared North of Barrow-in-Furness, which classes are cleared except for 142s which will be withdrawn from traffic?

Metrodave2018

The way I understand what I've read on here is that the class 68s have been withdrawn from the Cumbrian coast, so both diagrams 1 and 2 are 'permanently' worked by class 37 + 2/3 TSO + DBSO formations, 6 days per week. (So the answer to your question is yes).
Sorry, I am new to the forum so please redirect me if there is a more appropriate thread. Will class 37s continue after 2 Dec timetable change? Thanks

Tringonometry

Sorry, I am new to the forum so please redirect me if there is a more appropriate thread. Will class 37s continue after 2 Dec timetable change? Thanks

Word on the street was that they'd be gone "in January".

No real indication as yet as to whether this is 100% still going to happen, or which bit of January it refers to.

themiller

I think you're correct, to my knowledge, the only units passed North of Barrow-in-Furness are 142/150/153 & 156, 158s only passed Preston to Barrow-in-Furness.
I know that this is a bit pedantic but 155s and 143s have also run on the Maryport & Carlisle. 155s during construction and testing and 143s while they were in he north-east. I remember a yellow 143 as far south as Ravenglass on some sort of special working. I was told some years ago by a p/way supervisor that the 6' at Aspatria is almost exactly the same as the track gauge (discovered during the station rebuilding when a p/way trolley was run on the adjacent rails of the 6'.

GrimShady

Established Member
One wonders if these 10 new DRS locos will see service on the Cumbrian Coast.

Last edited:

Tringonometry

According to our dockets, Friday 25th January 2019 is scheduled to be the last day of class 37s on the Cumbrian Coast.

Apologies, theoretically at least the last day is scheduled to be Saturday 26th. I kinda assumed that it would still be a strike day and hence no 37s would be running.

Last edited:

underbank

Established Member
Given that some of the loco hauled diagrams are full with 3.5 coaches, will they be replaced by 4 car Sprinters as if they're just 2 car, people won't even be able to get on some diagrams, let alone get a seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.