• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cumbrian Coast Loco Hauled Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CJSwan

I know this has perhaps already been asked and answered, but what are the timings for the loco hauled services? Might try and venture down from Aberdeen (via a night at the parent’s house in Dumfries )

_toommm_

Established Member
I know this has perhaps already been asked and answered, but what are the timings for the loco hauled services? Might try and venture down from Aberdeen (via a night at the parent’s house in Dumfries )

https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...iagrams-work-in-progress.170615/#post-3666870

All the diagrams are 37 worked (subject to availability of course) - Northen dont use 68s anymore. You need to be quick though as the 37s are earmarked to leave Northern services after the 28th December

Last edited:

Steamie Boxes

Should run as normal Monday, sets will be stabled at Barrow and Carlisle until Wednesday, when they will continue until they finish whenever that may be.

DanNCL

Established Member
Should run as normal Monday, sets will be stabled at Barrow and Carlisle until Wednesday, when they will continue until they finish whenever that may be.
Surely they'll be at their stabling locations until Thursday after Monday, seeing that there's no service on Boxing Day, or are they going to be moved ECS on Boxing Day?

Les Forbes

Hi
Can anyone please give me an update on these trains?
I intend to travel on 28th December 2018 which is the date I saw somewhere as being the final day of loco hauled services.
Can anyone give me confirmation before I travel from the North?
Thanks
Les

_toommm_

Established Member
On Real Time, I don’t see these trains as being mentioned as Loco Hauled. Is that normal?

RealTimeTrains shows the timing load, not the actual stock allocation e.g. CrossCountry Stansted Airport services are timed as a 158, but operate with a 170. Operators use the slowest train that could be used on that service as a timing load, so that if any other stock gets put onto it, there won't be any performance degradation.

As the 37s are only a stopgap, and can (just) keep to Sprinter timings, there's no point changing it.

donald2007

Yes, in the past RTT showed if it was Loco hauled.

So it’s expected the 17:45 CAR-BIF will be the last ever loco service on Friday?

Can we expect the usual services to operate tomorrow, such as the xxx from BIF arriving CAR 11:57.

donald2007

So I see 0616 from CAR was cancelled at WKG because the signal box was not open... ridiculous.

Does this mean the 09:18 return from BIF will be canx or at least not operated by the Loco?

_toommm_

Established Member
37401 (broken) and 37425 at Foxfield. 37425 really sounded worse for wear on the 20th when I last went. Lots of thick black smoke (not clag) and it sounded nothing like a 37 should.

Screenshot_20181227-230946_Gallery.jpg

_toommm_

Established Member
The 37s will be missed. They just exude power to me. However temperamental they were, they provided great days out for me, and with the scenic route, it was like a rail tour.

Screenshot_20181227-231242_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181227-231223_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181227-231202_Gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.