• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

dB apprenticeship trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas69

Hi newbie member here anyone going to Doncaster on Thursday for assessments ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JMH77

Good luck with the assessment

I've got an interview a week today for a position

Good luck! Was that through this process? Did you have an mmi on the assessment day? 17th for me, coming round too quickly for my liking.

Numbnuts846

Good luck! Was that through this process? Did you have an mmi on the assessment day? 17th for me, coming round too quickly for my liking.

I had my assessment over 2 days , 1st day was paper tests and a trip to Doncaster for the rest. This was at the beginning of the year for a trainee drivers position but was put on hold, would seem now to be on the rise again for drivers .
Good luck

Cas69

I had my assessment over 2 days , 1st day was paper tests and a trip to Doncaster for the rest. This was at the beginning of the year for a trainee drivers position but was put on hold, would seem now to be on the rise again for drivers .
Good luck
Best of luck to you !!

JMH77

Good luck

How did you find it? From what I understand it's all tests in one day at Doncaster this time with possible mmi interview as well. Could be a long day!

MA8141

How did you find it? From what I understand it's all tests in one day at Doncaster this time with possible mmi interview as well. Could be a long day!
That’s what I’ve taken from it all ! It will be a bit of a trip for 2 days with the drive from Swansea...

MA8141

Finishing off some final prep before travelling to Doncaster tomorrow, anyone else been here yet ?

Samtin

I applied for this on the 8th of June, I heard back from them inviting me to an assessment day on the 18 of June, which included all the tests in the morning and then a MMI in the afternoon. Thankfully I passed everything and now I’m just waiting for a confirmation letter in the post. I applied for the Peterborough depot, I understand they’re doing a depot at a time, for my assessment day there was just 3 of us and it was very laid back.
Hi Callmo, when you completed the all the test did you do a visual search exercise test.

MA8141

Yes last week for eastleigh , there was 2 others before me as well for trainee talent pool
Happy days ! Just wondering a turn around time, 2 of us attended the assessment centre yesterday and passed but they couldn’t give a time scale for interview as they didn’t know where the gaps were to fill which is understandable !

How did you get on ?

ForestRail

Back home after a looong day, glad to say I passed and now await the DMI. Fingers crossed it isn't too long but time to just play the waiting game.

MA8141

Back home after a looong day, glad to say I passed and now await the DMI. Fingers crossed it isn't too long but time to just play the waiting game.
Congrats ! What depot did you apply for ? There was meant to be 3 of us on Wednesday for Newport depot but only 2 turned up and both passed

MA8141

At least we know they are getting through the depots now and hopefully there could be a few free slots coming up soon enough !

Numbnuts846

Happy days ! Just wondering a turn around time, 2 of us attended the assessment centre yesterday and passed but they couldn’t give a time scale for interview as they didn’t know where the gaps were to fill which is understandable !

How did you get on ?

I did my best in the interview that's as much as I can do .

Tommyb

Yes last week for eastleigh , there was 2 others before me as well for trainee talent pool

I've applied for Eastleigh, was just wondering how long it took for your application to go through to the next stage? When I go on the DB website mine still says 'Application in process'

Numbnuts846

I've applied for Eastleigh, was just wondering how long it took for your application to go through to the next stage? When I go on the DB website mine still says 'Application in process'
I passed the assessment in February this year

Tommyb

Ah fair enough, I only submitted my application on 9th July. Just wondered as applied for Frieghtliner around the same time and have already progressed a fair way along with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.