• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

December 2014 TT changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
The same way they cope now - they use SDO (front 7). I can't see why UDS would be a problem, it isn't a problem anywhere else.

UDS is unit deselect, the simple form of selective door opening LM use where you can open only the doors in the units forward of the cab you are in.

I expect the reason peak services do not call is simply because they are already overcrowded without adding Wembley passengers to the mix. There might also not be room in the peak timetable for it, as more trains run than off-peak.

Neil
I'm sure that will be the case during the peak. During peak time most trains towards Euston run late from Harrow or they did last time I worked around there.

Of course numbers of trains running won't be an issue on Sundays.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
What does UDS stand for?

In addition to what Neil has said above, SWT's Desiros also use Unit Deselect - I'd have thought you might have seen it in operation when long trains stop at Clapham Junction P7?

Which reminds me, I wonder what ever happened to SWT's ASDO project...

TEW

Established Member
ASDO is now not expected to go live on SWT Desiros until some point in 2015.

infobleep

Veteran Member
In addition to what Neil has said above, SWT's Desiros also use Unit Deselect - I'd have thought you might have seen it in operation when long trains stop at Clapham Junction P7?

Which reminds me, I wonder what ever happened to SWT's ASDO project...
I thought South West Trains only opened the doors in blocks of 4 or 5. Surely that isn't the same thing as unit deselect. After all I thought Southern wasn't constrained to 4 or 5 block openings of doors.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I thought South West Trains only opened the doors in blocks of 4 or 5. Surely that isn't the same thing as unit deselect. After all I thought Southern wasn't constrained to 4 or 5 block openings of doors.

The blocks of 4 cars (8 doors) being an entire 450, and blocks of 5 cars (10 doors) being a whole 444, yes? Counting from the front of the train? It is most definitely unit deselect. It is fairly logical that the 350s carried on the same system as the 450, because they are from the same original order.

Your right though in that Southern are not so constrained, because their trains have individual carriage level ASDO already, and have had for a good few years, many from delivery.

Last edited:

HarleyDavidson

Established Member
ASDO is a complete nightmare,reading the ASDO manual is scary! Still can't get my head around some of it,at least I won't have to worry about the 458 derivative as 458 traction has now expired! :D

SprinterMan

Established Member

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
It is held at Crewe to replace a withdrawn 21 00 Crewe to Chester as part of massive changes on the North wales Coast to provide additional capacity. There are numerous changes to calling patterns.

SprinterMan

Established Member
It is held at Crewe to replace a withdrawn 21 00 Crewe to Chester as part of massive changes on the North wales Coast to provide additional capacity. There are numerous changes to calling patterns.

Ahh, so it was. How I missed that I don't know. Thanks very much :D

Adam :)

kel-green

Should be Monday 16 February unless the operators have a dispensation (perhaps for a football match) and covers Network Rail Period C in Section 4 of Rules of the Route for Galton Street Jn to Wolverhampton Crane Street Jn for 21:30 Monday to Thursday nights to 05:30 Tuesday to Friday mornings.

What work is happening for the route to be blocked?

Class377/5

Established Member
The blocks of 4 cars (8 doors) being an entire 450, and blocks of 5 cars (10 doors) being a whole 444, yes? Counting from the front of the train? It is most definitely unit deselect. It is fairly logical that the 350s carried on the same system as the 450, because they are from the same original order.

Your right though in that Southern are not so constrained, because their trains have individual carriage level ASDO already, and have had for a good few years, many from delivery.

The difference is cause by the manufacturer. Siemens never introduced carriage level SDO where Bombardier did. Not 100% sure why. The Desiro City fleets will have same sort of SDO as the Electrostar fleets.

tsr

Established Member

Perhaps to be a touch pedantic, Electrostars & Turbostars do. Some, such as 8-coach 455 formations on the Horsham-Dorking route, need coaches to be locked by hand & checked. This is permitted and done every weekday.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Perhaps to be a touch pedantic, Electrostars & Turbostars do. Some, such as 8-coach 455 formations on the Horsham-Dorking route, need coaches to be locked by hand & checked. This is permitted and done every weekday.

Agree, but I was responding to the point infobleep made where he was comparing SWT and SN's different approaches to SDO - which by implication only concerns the units that actually have SDO.

This original discussion took place in mid December, and I still can't quite see why 377/5 needed to bump it just to state the obvious, that Siemens and Bombardier used different technology. Again, that much was implied by the earlier contributions.

Class377/5

Established Member
Agree, but I was responding to the point infobleep made where he was comparing SWT and SN's different approaches to SDO - which by implication only concerns the units that actually have SDO.

This original discussion took place in mid December, and I still can't quite see why 377/5 needed to bump it just to state the obvious, that Siemens and Bombardier used different technology. Again, that much was implied by the earlier contributions.

I hadn't noticed that that part of the thread was that old compared to the more recent comment that had put the thread back up to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.