• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Desiro Written off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thefab444

Established Member
450s also have two sets of springs on the corridor connections at the front, 444s only have one, and as such, they don't have a groove at the front above the dumb buffers.

kestrel

I think part of that coupling may be 'fluffed' too!

It is on its way back to the Fatherland fur repairen - just the ein vagon though. Cameras at the ready - should make an interesting piccie.

Siemens had a 3 car (think it was 3) test unit at Northam which I believe they scrapped shortly after the depot opened. Could have used it on the Lymmy

Kris those prototypes you had at Northam were rebuilt with full width cabs and sold to us as 360/2's (201-204) 205 being a new build, the gangway fitted cabs were reused on on the 350's on the WCML.

thefab444 The Desiro cabs are steel, if it was fibreglass that cab would have fared a hell of a lot worse.

777fred sorry mate but what planet are you on?!! its not like a hornby trainset!

Hentis

OK here goes what info I could get on 444042

The impact has knocked off two external doors, and they were lying down the track. The leading gangway doors were pushed through the front bulkhead of the train and the drivers Windscreen has been smashed throughby a rather large branch that just missed the driver. 3 shoes were knocked off on the driver side, the drivers door has been ripped off and that was found down the track and there are numerous windows that are damaged. There was also an 8ft trunk of a tree under the train. Although the train did not derail. So at least the train got some of the tree!! Very lucky indeed. The unit also made it back to Bourenmouth depot under its own power, Although 73109 was at Moreton just incase, apparetnly 73109 has the ability to couple to a dessie and proceed at slow speed. How it does this I dont know.

The accident happened on the reverse curve 4 chains beyond woodsford number 38 crossing. Juice off in 12 mins, ambulance there within half an hour but not required.

Cheers

Hentis

Established Member
apparetnly 73109 has the ability to couple to a dessie and proceed at slow speed. How it does this I dont know.

Yer adapter coupling but with no pipes so its 5 mph only reliing on the loco brakes only!

Kris

The same driver involved - drove it back to the depot. He didn't finish until 7am !!!

Tough bloke - ex - squaddie. Probably said "I've got a splintah!" (Splinter but with a London accent)

Adaptor coupling. Sits in its own little cupboard and we don't touch it :D . If it has to be used - a DSM will be on hand to get it out :thumbrig:

Established Member
Yeah, but if it did need 73109 5mph all the way to bournemouth depot?!

As Hentis said ther is nothing out at that time of night, so u can take as long as u like! well till the first train in the morning! Theyve skated units back from palces like woking to bourenmouth at 25 MPH and 5 over points in one night before now!

Sprog

Established Member
The 67 cab at OOC is the F**ckered one from the Skip that smashed into the back of a Coal train in bristol ages back.

As i said on RailChat, hope the driver is all ok!!!!

That dessie should be repairable, but expect it to be on holiday for a little while!!!!

Kris

DMC2 of 444 042 is scheduled to be taken away from Bomo' Depot this Tuesday on the back of a low loader.

Now .... a low loader couldn't get into the depot, so they are going to push it all the way to the top of the headshunt (where the pig escaped in the picture on http://www.hentis-rail.co.uk/ ) which is Wharfdale Road in Bournemouth, knock down the fence and winch it onto a low loader there.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...th,+BH4&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

Best info' I can get at the mo' is that it will be sometime Tuesday Morning. I imagine that it will be after people have gone to work.

Then on to The Fatherland - back home for some major surgery.

T

Tom

That winching should be amusing if you're going past on the Wessex Way.

Kris

It will probably be heavily tarpaulined after loading. Not a good advert for SWT.

Nathan

I'll be passing tommorow at around 8:30pm, but im sure it would have come and gone by then?

Nathan

It will have been gone for about 10 hours! ;)

Well i was being hopefull i suppose. On the bright side one more free space for a Desiro in the depot, not that they'll break down and need it...

Hentis

Well i was being hopefull i suppose. On the bright side one more free space for a Desiro in the depot, not that they'll break down and need it...

Oh trust me there are Desiros that DO breakdown and do hahve to go to Bournemouth / Northam. They arent that good... infact I have been hearing some really crap reports on them. No doubt in a few years they migh have settled down but we'll see.

Cheers

Hentis

Hentis

Bomo depot is shutting anyway you dummy.

No there is still some work to go onthere. Toilet emptying facilities for one thing, Also 159 and 455 work is still going on there so Iexpect SWT in a few years will give the excuse that they no longer need to use Bournemouth, so yeah in a few years time but not in the near future.

Cheers

Hentis

T

Tom

That'll be why there are investigations into a facility at Wareham then! ;)

Hentis

That'll be why there are investigations into a facility at Wareham then! ;)

Dont know have not heard about that.

Allaleys are in at Bournemouth after 08:30 tommorow morning to take the damaged coach ONLY from Bournemouth to Crewe (yes Crewe) from what my man has told me tonight. Cones have been requested and are currently in Wharfdale road coning off area.

Perhaps Crewe have the technology.... cue 6 million dollar man theme!!!

Cheers

Hentis

T

Tom

The Wareham site is on the opposite side to the current sidings, apparently. Haven't looked down there recently so not too sure.

Kris

The Wareham site is on the opposite side to the current sidings, apparently. Haven't looked down there recently so not too sure.

Don't think that would really be big enough. Behind the box you mean?

Poole yard would have been ideal but that's earmarked for Wilts 'n' Dorset I believe when the Dolphin centre grows too big for its tank.

T

Tom

I'm not too sure - I've seen the rough plans that were made... I'll see if I can dig them out.

Hentis

Not on the site officialy but you can have a look at the pics of 444042 being loaded on Allely's low loader from last Tuesday. Click Here.

Please not do not direct link to these photos.

A more permanent link will be on the site somewhen tonight.

Cheers

Hentis

Status
Not open for further replies.