• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Desktop thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Haven't seen everyone's desktop in a while...

Here's mine, a pic I took in the garden to test out my new camera.

Please only embed images if they're 550 pixels or narrower - otherwise please provide a link.

picture.php

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Currently using my parents computer because I have no power cable for mine atm, but they're away, so I'm using my own background :P

The light's a bit odd because it was through the windscreen of the car, which is a bit dirty.

snuk

Here's my current desktop - I love VT, Pendolinos and the countryside...

I have the original picture if anyone wants it.

Steve.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 41

ukrob

Established Member
Here's my current desktop - I love VT, Pendolinos and the countryside...

I have the original picture if anyone wants it.

Steve.

If I ever got my hands on your computer I would have to clear out your quicklaunch and system tray!

snuk

If I ever got my hands on your computer I would have to clear out your quicklaunch and system tray!

Fair comment - but I always say the great thing about Windows (and probably OS X and Linux too) is that you can set things up how you like them and that there are several different ways of achieving the same thing - and different things work for different people.

Also - I hate having icons all over my desktop, hence the custom toolbars - also if you have a lot of apps installed it makes the apps you use the most within easy reach.

Steve.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
they are far from awful, I love mine so much I couldn't go out and buy a windows machine again if I'm honest. Best computer I've ever bought.
I thought you were going to get one mojo?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
they are far from awful, I love mine so much I couldn't go out and buy a windows machine again if I'm honest. Best computer I've ever bought.
I thought you were going to get one mojo?
Yeah I want one mainly because they seem to do the work much faster and I want to do a lot of graphics editing, etc.

I was going to get one, but then I went away on holiday and am now short of money, and I want to go somewhere else a lot further away as well... lol

Macs only work faster if they're on faster hardware or maybe if the graphics card works better with OpenGL graphics than DirectX graphics. They probably just appear faster because the vast majority of idiots on Windows can't resist but click every virus infected ad they seen on webpages.

The funny thing about Macs is they have this hidden, un-marketed ability to turn people into Apple-loving zealots. When one owns a Mac everything else suddenly becomes lower and it becomes a necessity to convince everyone within a 65535 mile radius that Macs are better than everything and that you MUST go out and buy one or you are a bad person.

On that bombshell, I would quite like one for myself, mainly because I quite like how the OS works and how well it bonds with the hardware. The white Macbook is like 400 quid cheaper than the silver one yet apart from the DDR2 memory is almost identical.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
i'm far from an apple loving zealot as you put it, it took me years to finally switch and having never used a mac I was pleasantly surprised. Most people who slate macs won't even have a go on one. I very rarely encountered viruses etc under windows but if you don't maintain windows it slows down alot. Under osx there is no need to defrag/reinstall every so often as there is no slow down. I went on my pc the other day and was shocked at how laggy everything was. Theres not much waiting under osx, even boot/shutdown times are quick. I still use windows almost daily in work etc, but if I could I would use macs most of the time.
I know mac users can be snobby/never shut up about them - but they are pretty damn good.
I tried various flavours of linux and hated how unuserfriendly it was, but osx is so effortless to use.

Lampshade

Established Member
Mac = toy

I use one at Uni for Photoshop/Flash work and it's dumbed down so much, Tiger was alright but stacks in Leopard? Come on. I have to admit the keyboards are easily the best though.

Pumbaa

Established Member
I've been a Mac user for a few years now, and whilst I still have to use Windows occasionally, I could never go back to it - they are simply amazing.

And as for the supporters of Apple being quite vociferous, adamant Windows supporters can be just as bad. And their opinions just as misinformed. Cough.

Established Member
Heres what I have on my PC, D435 Cab shot taken on sat at the gala

Attachments

• D435 Cab.JPG
    D435 Cab.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.