• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

District Line D Stock final withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluegoblin7

Established Member
7526+7037 are out on T121 AM this morning - stables Ealing Common at 1006.

7526+7037 have come back out this afternoon on T122 PM - stables UPM at 0022.

The other two units have not been out.

Last edited:

jaig

Does anyone know the details of the last D Stock train running in passenger service on the 21st? For example, the time and what journey it will do. Thank you, this will be very appreciated :)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Does anyone know the details of the last D Stock train running in passenger service on the 21st? For example, the time and what journey it will do. Thank you, this will be very appreciated :)

I have seen it mentioned in several places that it should be diagram 004 which starts early from Upminster and finishes early evening at Ealing.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I have gathered together everything that you need to know if you want to #CatchTheD this week on my website, including the *planned* working on Friday. http://moretojack.com/your-last-chance-to-catch-the-d/

However, the details of the final train appear in this thread numerous times, just click back a few pages.

It must be stressed that, at this stage, the plan is subject to change, and anything could happen.

Downloadable/printable PDF of the planned working for Friday: http://moretojack.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/CatchTheD-Train-4.pdf (The contents of this file may change)

Last edited:

jaig

I have gathered together everything that you need to know if you want to #CatchTheD this week on my website, including the *planned* working on Friday. http://moretojack.com/your-last-chance-to-catch-the-d/

However, the details of the final train appear in this thread numerous times, just click back a few pages.

It must be stressed that, at this stage, the plan is subject to change, and anything could happen.

Downloadable/printable PDF of the planned working for Friday: http://moretojack.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/CatchTheD-Train-4.pdf (The contents of this file may change)
Ok, thank you for the info, I am really appreciative.

Deepgreen

Established Member
As of now, Train 004 is rostered as the last normal service D stock working, on Friday. It will run a Richmond to Upminster and back diagram all day. First trip 0624 Upminster to 0752 Richmond, and so on.

Muzer

Established Member
Just saw 13 pass and... S Stock :( Signal failure must have caused reformation; anyone know the current diags?

Muzer

Established Member
54 also spotted running as S Stock. It's a nice evening, I'll hang around until I see one. Just wish there were a loo here...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've now saved the details of the expected final diagram, I expect to take advantage of a run on it somewhere but I have no idea where yet. I'm only in town for a few hours on Friday, but I'm glad I'll get the chance to have a spin on a D for one last time :)

Thanks must go to all those knowledgeable people, especially Deepgreen, for all the gen!

bluegoblin7

Established Member
For completeness, yesterday was a bit all over the place.

7018+7057 started as T55, then T54, then T27, before ending up on T45 stabling Lillie Bridge.

7526+7037 started as T13 and then reformed into T11. It stabled at Ealing Common.

Just one out this morning, the penultimate day to #CatchTheD. 7018+7057 on T124AM, stabling at Ealing Common at 1042: http://moretojack.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/CatchTheD-Train-124-AM.pdf

Last edited:

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Have all the ones withdrawn so far been decommissioned within a few days of withdrawal?

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Yes. 7018+7057 was down for decommissioning as soon as it arrived yesterday.

However the last two will remain serviceable for the railt our, and go after that. Handy to have a backup! ??????

LiftFan

I got this timing completely right for the last D stock - didn't know it was happening when I booked that trip to London so now we just have to wait for the S to overtake us at Earls Court

Dhassell

The train was running 20 minutes late, and has reversed early at Gunnersbury to try and make up time.

Deepgreen

Established Member
The train was running 20 minutes late, and has reversed early at Gunnersbury to try and make up time.

Including at least 10 minutes sitting at Earls Court while enthusiasts flocked around it and various personnel came and went from the cab. I suspect a turn at Gunnersbury won't go far towards recouping time, even if it's a slick move.

Interesting to see a 'westbound' board on the front on the Gunnersbury run just now - is it changed at each reversal (and is it magnetic), I wonder?

Attachments

• DSC09776.jpg
    DSC09776.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 114

Kite159

Veteran Member
Has 7032 come out to play today (as per that picture) or is it still 7023+7007 with that picture being taken earlier in the week?

I might try and get onto it at West Ham later :)

Last edited:

Amaroussi

Including at least 10 minutes sitting at Earls Court while enthusiasts flocked around it and various personnel came and went from the cab. I suspect a turn at Gunnersbury won't go far towards recouping time, even if it's a slick move.

Interesting to see a 'westbound' board on the front on the Gunnersbury run just now - is it changed at each reversal (and is it magnetic), I wonder?
AKbIELV.jpg

It's generic.

I may be late on this, but I’m afraid that the hashtag has a certain connotation with, um, a certain private part (blame the internet memes). I would have gone with #FarewellD78.

Last edited:

jaig

Next station, Bromley-By-Bow!!

jaig

We were held for a few minutes in West Ham Sidings to allow trains to pass us, and apparently this only happens two times a day on the Hammersmith and City Line!

Status
Not open for further replies.