• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS trainee drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palb25

Hi has anyone else who have been to OPC Watford for the assessments had there money paid back from DRS yet. I submitted my claim form two weeks ago after receiving the thanks but no thanks letter but got nothing paid into my account yet.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andyw39

Received a conditional offer last night! They are taking on too many people for 1 training course though so they have 1 starting 25th November and then another (which I will be on) starting 27th January. As long as I pass the medical and security vetting that is! Delighted! :D

13oon

I have also got a conditional offer for starting on nov. Over the moon,congrats to you to Andy. Like you also just medical and security checks to go.

EggyT

I've also had my conditional offer for January. Just need the medical etc done now.

13oon

Congrats EggyT. I was at the opc the same day as you. I was the first one for interview that day after hanging about cos done all the other tests prevoiusly. Just one last hurdle to go.

andyw39

Congratulations guys. Cant wait to get started! I sent off my uniform request and Disclosure Scotland application yesterday, and have my medical 22nd. Can't wait to get the formal offer and get my notice in to work!

Last edited:

13oon

Had my medical today, by far the easiest bit lol. All went well, just waiting on the results of the urine test, not worried at all about that, can't wait to get the formal offer and officially hand in my notice :D

spesh

Thanks pal, got a trainee drivers job with FLHH!! Start next month, gutted to be going but hey ho, onwards and upwards.

That's absolutely my thought about leaving my TOC to move to freight. But also very excited for the new career at the same time!

EggyT

Anyone heard back after their medicals yet? I had mine but haven't heard anything back. Not sure when to think about chasing it. Was hoping to hear about references and disclosure Scotland stuff etc.

Not sure the timescales involved in all that but would like the formal offer documents/contract at some point just for a bit of re-assurance.

13oon

Anyone heard back after their medicals yet? I had mine but haven't heard anything back. Not sure when to think about chasing it. Was hoping to hear about references and disclosure Scotland stuff etc.

Not sure the timescales involved in all that but would like the formal offer documents/contract at some point just for a bit of re-assurance.

Nah not heard anything back yet.I phoned end of last week and they were still waiting results. Think they would wait untill both medical and disclosure results are in before contacting. Did they tell you the other results of medical on the day,obviously not the urine test? Was chuffed when they told me my eyesight met the standards without my glasses.
Getting pretty close to the start for me but my current boss knows all about the situation and is fine with me handing in my official notice later than normal.

Disclosure Scotland results take anywhere between 3-6 weeks and I was told these wouldn't be sent for until a medical pass was confirmed. (Makes sense I suppose). We also have to meet the strictest of clearance so was told to expect it to be the latter end of that time scale.

andyw39

Disclosure shouldn't take anywhere near 6 weeks to come back. The letter we got from DRS says that once they receive the disclosure certificate, they will copy it to keep on file and then send us a copy. If you look on the disclosure Scotland website, this would indicate a basic disclosure only (otherwise we would automatically receive a copy anyway), which only takes 2 weeks. The referencing has already been done as my current employer received this weeks ago. The urine sample results come back to BUPA the next day so not sure what else would hold the process up. I dont really know what else DRS will be looking for as part of their clearance? Anyone else have any knowledge of this?
I know that the informal offer I received was for an end of Jan start so I don't expect them to rush with formal offers. It would be nice to get it all wrapped up and finalised sooner rather than later.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Disclosure shouldn't take anywhere near 6 weeks to come back. The letter we got from DRS says that once they receive the disclosure certificate, they will copy it to keep on file and then send us a copy. If you look on the disclosure Scotland website, this would indicate a basic disclosure only (otherwise we would automatically receive a copy anyway), which only takes 2 weeks. The referencing has already been done as my current employer received this weeks ago. The urine sample results come back to BUPA the next day so not sure what else would hold the process up. I dont really know what else DRS will be looking for as part of their clearance? Anyone else have any knowledge of this?
I know that the informal offer I received was for an end of Jan start so I don't expect them to rush with formal offers. It would be nice to get it all wrapped up and finalised sooner rather than later.

Took my disclosure 8 days to get back

EggyT

Was your informal offer just the phone call or did anyone receive anything in writing?

All I got so far was a call but wasn't sure if I should have been expecting anything else ahead of the final formal offer.

andyw39

just a phone call for me too. Said on the phone they would sort out all the checks and then make a formal offer in due time so we'll get something in writting at that stage. Still plenty of time for it to go pear shaped.

Phone call for me to.
I was told the CRB was an enhanced one with additional procedures involved and could take 3-6 weeks. I specifically asked this as I'd literally just had a enhanced disclosure done and she (HR) said the level wasn't high enough!!

andyw39

All this waiting and not knowing is killing me. Im trying not to think about it and just be patient but Im failing miserably! If they are looking for higher than enhanced disclosure then the only things they could look for is enhanced with lists or PVG membership. Both of which are there purely to protect children and vunerable adults. Makes no sence to apply for these to drive a freight train. Also dosent really make any sence to me why they would use Disclosure Scotland over DBS. As an English company the only reason I can think of to use Disclosure Scotland is the fact that they offer basic disclosures. £25 a pop instead of the £50+ for enhanced.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Got a voice mail from DRS when I finished work but cant get through to find out what it was about. Hopefully some good news..........

Last edited:

13oon

Andy did you find out what the voicemail was. hope it was good news.mate. Been hoping to get some kinda news last week before Friday but looks like wishing the weekend away and patiently waiting on the phone ringing next week.

andyw39

Yeh, they hadnt received a reference from my previous employer so just asked me the chase it up. I'll double check on monday but sounded like that's all they were waiting for. Hopefully I'm not holding everyone up!

andyw39

Anyone had anything formal from DRS yet? Surley the guys on the November course will have had formal offers by now.

Have you had your counter terrorism application in your email Andy? Just done mine it's a pain in the ass.

andyw39

I have not mate. Prob because they were waiting for a ref from my previous employer. What was involved in that?

Basically they want to know the ins and outs of your life for the past 5 years. Addresses, Work, Parents Alive or dead. Parents addresses. Financial situation. Involvement in previous government work and then questions such as.

•have you ever been involved in espionage
•have you ever been involved in a terrorist organisation etc etc.

I think you could probably bin your application if you answer yes to the above!! Lol!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Have a look in your spam box for the email.

It comes from a spammy looking email address.

[email protected]

13oon

I spoke to them last week and they said to me that as soon as my security clearance comes back they will let me know and the contract will be in the post.

Nothing was said about expecting an email about any other things to fill out.

Could that form only apply where the nuclear goods may be based?

andyw39

Could be just for nuclear work. When I spoke to them they said all they were waiting for was a reference. Do you know what your missing for clearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.