• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS trainee drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

13oon

Not sure to be honest,when she said security clearance rather than disclosure thinking may be their own checks, was told should be this week. I technically finish tues 19th so really hoping for news soon. Cant wait to get started.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andyw39

So you're on the course starting 25th Nov? Have you had to hand your notice in without a formal offer then?

13oon

Yea starting 25th, handed notice in last week,had to give some organisation for getting my replacement. Bit of a bold move on my part but can't see any issues with my security. I am squeaky clean lol

andyw39

I'm sure if there was a problem they'd have found out by now. Lol. I've still got the long wait over Christmas and new year but it'll be a whole lot less stressful when I'm in possession of a contract.
Just noticed you're from Bishopbriggs? We were looking at moving there as my wife teaches at Bishopbriggs Academy.

13oon

Been here the last eight years, nice and handy walk to work but the car will be getting a few more miles on it all going well. Hope we all get the final part of the process finalized soon.

andyw39

Just had a call from Hr. seems there has been a change in European law and we now need a further medical. Testing concentration, hand eye coordination etc. so it's back to Bupa on Wednesday.

EggyT

Yeah I got a call too but couldn't get any clues as to what it entailed. Glad you found out.

Last edited:

13oon

Booked in the 26th for additional medical checks. Start the 25th so travelling up on tues for medical then back down for the wed. Will have the contract and joining instructions next week so all official. Two more days of old job, few days off then into the thick of some intense training, cant wait. :)

andyw39

I hope everyone will be getting the paper work although I suspect it will just be the November starters. I'll let you know what's involved in the medical once Ive done it on Wednesday. Shouldn't imaginge it will pose too many problems.

13oon

Have you had your counter terrorism application in your email Andy? Just done mine it's a pain in the ass.

Got my email form yesterday.
How did you find opening the link to the form, i am having trouble opening it on the laptop, tried using google chrome,mozilla and internet explorer but the pdf form just isn't opening.

And the contract is now in my hands so some light reading today lol.

bob hope

Just had a call from Hr. seems there has been a change in European law and we now need a further medical. Testing concentration, hand eye coordination etc. so it's back to Bupa on Wednesday.

So what exactly did the additional medical steps involve? I'm booked up for one next week....

andyw39

Had my top up medical this afternoon. Was in and out in 5 mins. Really is nothing to worry about. Asked if I had any problems seeing in the dark or judging distance when it's raining. Then told me a name and address to remember. Stood up. Touch your toes, stand on 1 leg, bend to the side and walk to one side of the room and back again. After that he just asked me to recall the name and address from earlier. Forms filled in and away I went. Ok for me as I'm local but don't fancy coming all the way from Carlisle just for that. Congrats 13oon on the contract. I look forward to getting mine soon :D

13oon you need to update Adobe Reader to the latest version and open in internet explorer. Still very badly formatted but doable.

13oon

Already have all that updated and still showing probs must be something on the computer not set right, will try again tonight.

Sounds quite straight forward then Andy, nice wee relaxed journey on Tuesday then for me. Sure your contract will be on its way soon.

13oon

Good luck to all the guys starting the training course tomorrow. Not jealous at all.........:D

Cheers Andy. Its been quite a haul from that first assessment day. Still hasnt sunk in that starting tomorrow. Just waiting on train to carlisle.

Your first day will be here before you know it.

EggyT

Indeed best of luck to those starting today. Let us know how you find it.

andyw39

Got a call from DRS this afternoon. They now have my security clearance and medical are all passed so they're sending my contract in the post today. A huge weight off my mind now that I know I'm all official. Wooohoooo!

13oon

Got a call from DRS this afternoon. They now have my security clearance and medical are all passed so they're sending my contract in the post today. A huge weight off my mind now that I know I'm all official. Wooohoooo!

Well done Andy.Its a good feeling to have the contract in hand. The first few days have been brilliant,inductions and getting a feel for the place. Its a great place to be and very friendly. Loving being part of it.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Well done Andy.Its a good feeling to have the contract in hand. The first few days have been brilliant,inductions and getting a feel for the place. Its a great place to be and very friendly. Loving being part of it.

Congratulations 13oon :) Did you sit the new assessment process?

Sam.

EggyT

Me too, well pleased, can enjoy the holiday period and look forward to starting end of January.

andyw39

Congrats mate. Well done! Have you had this counter terrorism form yet? They said on the call to me yesterday that I still have to do this for advanced clearance and I'll get the form at some point. Might even be after I start.

EggyT

No that wasn't mentioned to me but I'd assume still needs to happen. Can't imagine there would be any issues on that front though.

andyw39

She did say that she's never known anyone to have an issue with it. If there was a problem they'd know by now. Lol

EggyT

Had the email with the link to do the security forms come through this morning so at least that's that done and sent in now.

benno79

The thing that worries me about the security form is the financial stuff, I got myself into a bit of a muddle at university and haven't always been squeaky clean etc with credit. I'm assuming they ask such things because of the potential that if you were in debt you might be bribed with regards to gaining access to the nuclear stuff.

W230

Established Member
I'm assuming they ask such things because of the potential that if you were in debt you might be bribed with regards to gaining access to the nuclear stuff.
I wouldn't worry about it - people don't need to be in debt to be bribed! :lol:

andyw39

Yeh they ask about financial history and spent criminal convictions etc. basically everything needs declared. I would assume that as it's a counter terrorism check then only relevant info concerning terrorism will count you out. I imagine a lot of people will have suffered from past debts or a stupid conviction when younger. Doesn't make you a national threat though. They'd have to have some major concerns about you or your past not to get clearance. That's the way I view it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.