East Midlands Railway livery and station branding

Discussion in 'Traction & Rolling Stock' started by londonmidland, 7 Aug 2019.

1. RealTrains07

RealTrains07 On Moderation

When is the next train due for livery application?

2. 43055

43055 Member

I don't think anything has gone into or planned to be repainted at the moment. It is unlikely that many trains will be repainted as they are all due to leave in the next three years.

3. londonmidland

londonmidland Member

I doubt many, if any, existing stock will get a full repaint like 222104 has received.

They’ll probably just continue to put a few stickers over the EMT livery.

4. 43096

43096 Established Member

222104 is vinyled, not a “full repaint”.

5. XCTurbostar

XCTurbostar Member

Yes, there are still some stagecoach bits and bobs on it.. Number Font, Door stickers are Stagecoach, Front Headlight is orange just to name a few.

6. jamesnotts86

jamesnotts86 Member

I understand that EMR probably wouldn't re-livery the 15xs as they are going soon, possibly the HSTs, but the Meridians may still be around for a few more years until the IEPs arrive so it would make sense to at least do those.

I would have thought that EMR would want to establish their brand quite quickly rather than just putting stickers over everything, especially as. they are actively advertising £600m of investment so branding would be a quick win to build confidence in passengers.

Also surprised that there hasn't been more active rebranding at stations so far - although appreciate it isn't a quick job!

7. raetiamann

raetiamann Member

So much for brand awareness. I can fully understand not doing the 153s and HST, but you'd expect the company would wish to have some sets at least promoting the EMR, particularly as the routes served, with the exception of Nottm-Liverpool are continuing.

3 years in is quite a chunk of the franchise term.

8. Helvellyn

Helvellyn Established Member

A 2+6 formation would be quite a shortform. Sounds like you may have been on one of the ex-Grand Central sets (leased from Angel). Can you recall if the powercars had buffers and whether the seats pretty much lined up with the windows? These sets had a basic facelift last year (relivery, new seat covers) but otherwise have the same Grand Central carpets, fittings, etc.
    The problem is that the franchise was extended in 2015 and again early this year (to get to the new franchise date). If the franchise had been renewed in 2015 as per the original timetable (blame the 2012 West Coast debacle) then the Meridians would have been refurbished in 2015-16. As is they are massively in need of a refurbishment and do look tired.

9. LowLevel

LowLevel Established Member

156413 noted in traffic today at Nottingham in unbranded all over plain blue with yellow doors.

10. cactustwirly

cactustwirly Established Member

It was probably booked for a 2+6 HST as EMR won't send them out to cover for a 2+8 HST

11. RealTrains07

EMR have said all 222s are due to receive the new livery

Attached Files:

12. LowLevel

No, they haven't. The Twitter desk have said that. They'd have more time to deal with their purpose for existence if trainspotters would stop asking them daft questions they don't know the answer to - the Twitter desk aren't just dealing with the Twitter desk all day.

The 222s will receive the EMR Intercity stickers. They're trying to be helpful but they don't know what you're asking. They're a customer service team there to help with ticketing problems, delays, passenger assistance etc and are not provided with strategic unit maintenance information. It's no different to wandering up to Long Eaton booking office and asking them what units are on exam at Derby and whether they'll get painted.

Come back with a screenshot from the fleet director and you'll have something worth having.

13. RealTrains07

Well maybe someone should make a video or actually ask them what their actual plans are refurbishment and livery wise?? Until that happens we should stop speculating or guessing what they are saying until something concrete exists

14. LowLevel

Just sticking with the latter half of your post would seen perfectly sensible? They'll provide the info when they want to do so.

15. 59CosG95

59CosG95 Established Member

The "Page 6 List", updated from my own observations (and Flickr) with changes in bold.

16. Failed Unit

Failed Unit Established Member

I was on this set on Saturday. Nice change to 153s. I looks like it has just had some heavy maintenance. New toilet module (compared to what I remember on 156s). Internal PIS.

I guess if other 156s are going through C6 and they need to paint them anyway why not in EMR livery.

It was nice to have a seat for once.

17. 59CosG95

Not just heavy maintenance, it was indeed its C6 - combined with PRM mods for post-2020 operation. Most other 156s in the EMR fleet have had their PRM modifications already - only 156405, 156406 & 156414 are unmodified now.

Regarding the livery, the 156s are only staying until December 2021 as I understand it; they'll probably either receive a vinyl-wrap livery (similar to 222104) over their blue base paint, or just stay as they are. It could well be the case that the Etches Park staff had plans to relivery it with a vinyl wrap, but they had to press the unit into traffic before they had the chance due to a stock shortage (or similar).

18. High Dyke

High Dyke Established Member

Personally I think the plain blue livery works well. It isn't fussy, just functional. If the same idea was adopted for the 158's, if they aren't going to receive the 'Aubergine' livery, would they be plain white/red doors or merely just remove/repaint over the Stagecoach swirls at the end of each car and leave the blue lower body?

19. RealTrains07

Probably leave the blue in place considering if it was plain white with red doors it clashes with the TfW livery

It wouldn’t surprise me if the 158s were re liveried to an extent considering they will probably be the last of the regional fleet to go

20. RealTrains07

It maybe they introduce a temporary livery on the units that will go like done on the WMR 170s and 323s

21. LowLevel

There is no desire to 'pollute' the new brand by putting the 15x units into the new livery.

Do not expect to see anything more than the current brand name stickers.

22. pdeaves

pdeaves Established Member

That doesn't matter. Greater Anglia is basically the same, too, and LNER isn't that different either. I am sure there will be other more pressing reasons to go for or avoid any given look.

23. AndyW33

AndyW33 Member

But the only stations served by both EMR and TfW are Stockport, Manchester Piccadilly, and Liverpool Lime Street, all places that the EMR franchise is meant to be handing over to a different operator. Otherwise it makes no difference that they might share a livery.

24. TT-ONR-NRN

TT-ONR-NRN On Moderation

This post shows real naivety, that you think that would have an impact on how EMR choose to rebrand their trains

25. RealTrains07

It was a thought. No need to judge! Considering TfW and EMR both have 158s. It would have been brought up eventually.

I wouldnt see the point in. Touching the 158s except applying the EMR logos to be honest unless they will get some sort of temporary EMR livery applied which i doubt will happen

26. 61653 HTAFC

61653 HTAFC Veteran Member

Also, Crewe (on a service which will remain with EMR).

27. talltim

talltim Established Member

EMR could really do with washing the Meridians now that cleaning a patch to put the new name on has made it far more obvious how dirty they were.

28. LowLevel

Take a train past Etches Park and you will observe a gang hand washing a set opposite the RTC sheds. That's been going on for years.

29. 59CosG95

As far as I can make out, all 222s (bar 007, still with EMT branding) and 104 (in EMR purple) now have EMR Intercity branding.
    All 153s (bar debranded? 310, and EMT branded 382) have EMR Regional branding.
    All 156s (bar EMT-branded 405) have EMR Regional branding; 413 is all-over blue after its C6 & PRM work. (I have a hunch that 414 is currently receiving similar mods)
    All 158s (bar 773 in works, debranded? 783, and EMT-branded 799, 852, 856 & 862) have EMR Regional branding.
    All 43s (bar debranded 043, LNER-pooled 061 & 075, EMT-branded 064, EMT 11-wrapped 081, 083 & 089, and revised EMT-wrapped 484) now have EMR branding.

30. 59CosG95