• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT - Local Fleet Refreshes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benno

Still a step backwards IMO. As someone who uses 153's regularly (albeit not in the EMT area) what possible justification can they have for removing such a feature?

I have a 40 minnute commute home on a 142 and since I often buy a cup of tea at the station a flip down table would be much appreciated - whether a buffet trolley was ever likely to appear or not (which is most unlikely as there hasn't been one for the four years I've been using the route!). And to think there are companies actively removing them ! Numbskulls.

It's more a case that the replacement seat frames that are being fitted do not have the tables rather than the tables being removed from the current seat frames.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
It's more a case that the replacement seat frames that are being fitted do not have the tables rather than the tables being removed from the current seat frames.

Ok then, I would say fair enough - but would it be that difficult to them to specify a table in the design of the replacement chair !

Benno

Ok then, I would say fair enough - but would it be that difficult to them to specify a table in the design of the replacement chair !

I think it is more down to the overhaul specification of the Rosco rather than EMT. It may be the case that the Porterbrook owned 153's might (and I stress might) come out with tables, whereas the Angel owned 153's will not have them.

The 156's are Porterbrook owned btw.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I think it is more down to the overhaul specification of the Rosco rather than EMT. It may be the case that the Porterbrook owned 153's might (and I stress might) come out with tables, whereas the Angel owned 153's will not have them.

The 156's are Porterbrook owned btw.

I'm surprised that the Rosco's should have so much influence on the style of refurbishment since they're not involved with the public facing side of things. I'd hope that they're paying for it since they charge for the use of the units anyway. The TOC should have put their foot down and specified tables IMO.

Kneedown

Established Member
156410 has been out and about for a week or so. Very nice too!
It's a nice roomy entrance to the cycle storage area as the bulkhead has been removed. Unfortunately so have the cycle restraining straps for reasons i cannot comprehend. The seat back tables have been retained too which is good news.
The only faults i can highlight are in the cab where the isolation cock to the heater seems to have been omitted so i'm not looking forward to working it in the summer, and also the sealant around the windscreen. Whoever put that on will not be coming anywhere near my bathroom!
All in all not bad.

Is that 156 out yet??

WillPS

Established Member
Found this on my lunch. The blue handles don't look right in the refurb (at least in this render) though.

Attachments

• emt156.jpg
    emt156.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 61

pemma

Veteran Member
The 153s look very Class 144 like with the red seats and the space for tables on the seat backs but no tables.

387star

On Moderation
Northern Railways forum reports class 222s are being refurbished with leather seats in First Class and more luggage space! exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.