• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MYRTLE3000

I've been invited on 14th but i can't make it. Has anyone been invited on 15th or 16th?
Ive emailed back to see if there is another day I can go.[/QUOTE]

34fh0131

Mine says 14th also. Im not 100% I can make it myself, let me know what they say around other dates?

34fh0131

All,

With regards to the Assessment day, Ive read it involves speed interviews?, and group exercises?. Is there any OPC tests to complete ?

Thanks

Bmwe46

Is there any other dates available not sure of I can make it either. Childcare school holidays..ooonooo!!?

34fh0131

Ive been told that this is the only day for the assessment, Not sure when the next one will be. Best email them for accurate info mate.

Anybody or current East Midlands driver know what the main line driver salary currently is and when they get pay rise?

MYRTLE3000

How was it
I really enjoyed it, and it was great to work in teams with the other applicants. I thought every one had their own skills and points of merit.

Goodness knows if I was what they were looking for - perhaps I was a bit too enthusiastic but that is my personality. I get along with everyone and give 100% in whatever is asked of me

We should get an update next week

MYRTLE3000

I am through to next interview on 10th September. Hooray! Good luck to the rest of you :)

34fh0131

Also passed, Interview is 26th August. Just need to clarify tho as that's BH. Just incase it's an error.

So pleased to have been told so soon. good luck to everyone.

Casey_Jones

Sadly (for me, anyway) I bombed out after the assessment day on Wednesday. It was really tough, which I guess is reassuring given the importance of the role.

Congratulations to those who made it through. Myrtle3000, if you're who I think you are, we worked in the same group on a couple of exercises and I am not surprised to see you go through to the next stage. Best of luck to you and everyone else going through to the next round.

In a classic case of life farting in your face, I got a train today and I swear it is the first time I've ever noticed the name of an East Midlands train, and what was it called?

The Carbon Cutter....of course!!

MYRTLE3000

Sadly (for me, anyway) I bombed out after the assessment day on Wednesday. It was really tough, which I guess is reassuring given the importance of the role.

Congratulations to those who made it through. Myrtle3000, if you're who I think you are, we worked in the same group on a couple of exercises and I am not surprised to see you go through to the next stage. Best of luck to you and everyone else going through to the next round.

In a classic case of life farting in your face, I got a train today and I swear it is the first time I've ever noticed the name of an East Midlands train, and what was it called?

The Carbon Cutter....of course!!

Oh no I'm sad to hear that you didn't make it through, please don't give up.

The assessment day was tough and I had no idea how we were scored and what they wanted to see - so I just had to be myself (as to who I am, I might have some eight-legged pets.)

I walked away from the hotel thinking we all did a pretty good job, and not knowing what the outcome would be.

Crikey... The Carbon Cutter! Life has some dark humour! Could also be a sign to try again!

Last edited:

MYRTLE3000

Hi All, how did you pay for your parking last Wednesday for the assessment day at Darby Midland Hotel.

Was it complimentary for those attending the event?

I paid for 6hrs at the hotel, and have got a £100 fine for staying for 6 hrs 15 mins.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

34fh0131

Hi All, how did you pay for your parking last Wednesday for the assessment day at Darby Midland Hotel.

Was it complimentary for those attending the event?

I paid for 6hrs at the hotel, and have got a £100 fine for staying for 6 hrs 15 mins.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

I parked in the hotel car park but went into the reception to ask if I could pay by card, the receptionist told me to enter my reg into their computer to prevent any penalty and they wouldn't charge as we were there on assessment with EMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.