• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshBod

I've got DMI on tuesday. Anyone been invited to it? I take it it's mostly compentcy based type questions with a few normal type interview questions asked.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yellowbelly

I've got DMI on tuesday. Anyone been invited to it? I take it it's mostly compentcy based type questions with a few normal type interview questions asked.
Well done ashbod. How you feeling? It’s a very quick turn around isn’t it.

Juliet Barvo

How did u find the Group Interview and when was it? I'm wondering how long we have to wait for the results

AshBod

Well done ashbod. How you feeling? It’s a very quick turn around isn’t it.

Wasn't expecting it to be honest, felt like there were a few strong candidates there! But I'm well chuffed! I'm looking forward to it, in a weird kind of way.

How did u find the Group Interview and when was it? I'm wondering how long we have to wait for the results

Mine was last friday, as in 8 days ago not yesterday Haha. Enjoyed the group assessment day, some good tasks really and got you thinking throughout the day.

Anybody passed the group assessment stage 2 from last week Friday got a call back or email for interview yet?

34fh0131

Hi all, just had an email informing me I passed stage 1.

Ive been invited to a video interview? Can anyone enlighten me as to how this goes?

Last edited:

AshBod

Hi all, just had an email informing me I passed stage 1, I did it last Tuesday morning.

Ive been invited to a video interview? Can anyone enlighten me as to how this goes?

Couple of questions, it's not a live interview so its recorded. So question given, I think its 30 seconds thinking time then 90 seconds or 120 seconds answering time.

34fh0131

Couple of questions, it's not a live interview so its recorded. So question given, I think its 30 seconds thinking time then 90 seconds or 120 seconds answering time.

Many Thanks for the reply. As this is not the main interview, any ideas how it goes?

Last edited:

pc131313

Many Thanks for the reply. As this is not the main interview, any ideas what sort of thing they ask?
Two questions: What do you know about East Midlands Trains?
What do you know about the role of Trainee Mainline Driver?

MYRTLE3000

Hi all,

I've also been invited for the video interview, I was the only female that went to stage one testing in my group. (last Tuesday 9th July, morning session in Derby.)

Good luck to everyone!

34fh0131

Hi all,

I've also been invited for the video interview, I was the only female that went to stage one testing in my group. (last Tuesday 9th July, morning session in Derby.)

Good luck to everyone!

when you planning on doing your interview?

Last edited:

34fh0131

just done my video interview.... really relaxed and fluid during the practice..... then stumbled my way through the real thing! sods law

Last edited:

EMTTALENTTEAM

Verified Rep - EMT Talent Team
Two questions: What do you know about East Midlands Trains?
What do you know about the role of Trainee Mainline Driver?

This is the kind of behaviour that does not align to our values, we are extremely disappointed that you have revealed what the questions are. As previously advised, we, the talent team are monitoring this thread. We put a lot of effort into ensuring the candidate experience is as fair as possible. Revealing the questions like this now gives others an unfair advantage.

We look forward to meeting you all if you are successfully shortlisted and invited to assessment centre. If you have any questions, please contact us, you have our contact details, we will have the most update information!

EMT TALENT TEAM

8J

This is the kind of behaviour that does not align to our values, we are extremely disappointed that you have revealed what the questions are. As previously advised, we, the talent team are monitoring this thread. We put a lot of effort into ensuring the candidate experience is as fair as possible. Revealing the questions like this now gives others an unfair advantage.

We look forward to meeting you all if you are successfully shortlisted and invited to assessment centre. If you have any questions, please contact us, you have our contact details, we will have the most update information!

EMT TALENT TEAM

To be fair the questions quoted on this thread are standard for pretty much any trainee driver interview.

This is the first time in a while that EMT have done an external recruitment campaign so I hope that the right people are taken on for these positions based on their performance as opposed to exclusively their background.

pc131313

To be fair the questions quoted on this thread are standard for pretty much any trainee driver interview.

This is the first time in a while that EMT have done an external recruitment campaign so I hope that the right people are taken on for these positions based on their performance as opposed to exclusively their background.

I don’t believe a video interview is a good way of judging a candidate. How can it be fairly judged, a face to face interview Is a lot fairer. It would be interesting to know how it’s scored as it seems some people aren’t happy with how people of different backgrounds are being failed. The questions I posted are from another forum so it’s common knowledge for anyone who searches all forums!

pc131313

I don’t believe a video interview is a good way of judging a candidate. How can it be fairly judged, a face to face interview Is a lot fairer. It would be interesting to know how it’s scored as it seems some people aren’t happy with how people of different backgrounds are being failed. The questions I posted are from another forum so it’s common knowledge for anyone who searches all forums!
There is also answers posted to Glop questions, real Dial rest examples and advice on all tests on forums so maybe TOCS should change tests if they don’t want people having an advantage!

Status
Not open for further replies.