• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston - Brittania Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
Has the Euston SSP owned Brittania pub closed down? A friend sent over some pictures showing it boarded up?!

I can't actually understand how the SSP White Rose station pub in Leeds does much business when there is a station Spoons either to be honest!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nestor

The Mezzanine redevelopment within the stn is the reason why it's shut down.

The number of times I've been to Euston and I've never even seen 'The Doric Arch'. Must be tucked out of the way!

sprinterguy

Established Member
This one? Britannia. Never bothered with it myself.

The Doric Arch, the old Head of Steam, much better. Or even better The Bree Louise.

Never understood the attraction of the Euson Tap either, apart from the building itself. Way overpriced even by London standards.
I'm in full agreement here. I could never understand why anyone would visit the Britannia when there were such superior pubs in close vicinity.

I used to be quite keen on the Euston Tap, but it seems to have gone so far up its own behind in recent times that I no longer bother. Always nip into the Doric Arch whenever possible, as it's been a personal favourite of mine for a while, and, if time is not pressing, the Bree Louise.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The number of times I've been to Euston and I've never even seen 'The Doric Arch'. Must be tucked out of the way!
I wouldn't say that it's particularly tucked out of the way, but being located on the narrow pedestrian thoroughfare that leads down to the bus stands probably doesn't help its visibility.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Yeah, recently refurbished. Keep meaning to pop in, but the discount at the Bree Louise is just too tempting.

IanD

Established Member
I did notice how neat the Doric Arch was looking at the weekend when I dropped off some flyers for The Milton Keynes Beer Festival next week. (Only 1 minute from MK station if anyone's interested). It was in marked contrast to the Bree Louise which had rain coming through the ceiling (but superior and cheaper beer!).

jopsuk

Veteran Member
The Doric Arch is superb, and good for charging electronics before getting the sleeper!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
This one? Britannia. Never bothered with it myself.

The Doric Arch, the old Head of Steam, much better. Or even better The Bree Louise.

Never understood the attraction of the Euson Tap either, apart from the building itself. Way overpriced even by London standards.

But decent, if over priced ale - and no chavs

The Britannia was rubbish, the Doric is little better, the Bree is great!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I did notice how neat the Doric Arch was looking at the weekend when I dropped off some flyers for The Milton Keynes Beer Festival next week. (Only 1 minute from MK station if anyone's interested). It was in marked contrast to the Bree Louise which had rain coming through the ceiling (but superior and cheaper beer!).

is it next week? The Buzzy?

'as tha got t,northern ale tin this yeear lad?

IanD

Established Member
is it next week? The Buzzy?

'as tha got t,northern ale tin this yeear lad?

Next week, starts Wednesday at The Buszy. Not much Northern beer as the theme is South Coast but a fair amount of "local" (ie within 35 miles of MK) ale.

IanD

Established Member
you mean rubbish thin, weak, southern shandy ;) See you there!

Not my choice but I think they guys have come up with quite a good selection. I hope to be at every session (working some of them, maybe not behind the bar though) so please feel free to say hello!

Puffing Devil

Established Member
I'm a fan of Euston Tap

Can be a little busy, but I much prefer the beer and vibe to the Doric Arch.

Agree that the Bree Louise is worth the walk - and a discount for card carrying CAMRA members.

Last edited:

mirodo

It's always fun to stand at the bar at the Tap and watch someone come in and ask

"Do you do Kronenbourg? (no) Stella? (no) Carlsberg? (no) Carling? (no) Fosters? (no) etc"

and then stand there in a state of bewilderment looking at the blackboards and deciding what to have.

:D

ess

There's a tiny place you go past on the bus at the entrance to Euston which I have a feeling is women only. Always wondered what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Nice to see some Hastings Brewery stuff on the list! :D

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There's a tiny place you go past on the bus at the entrance to Euston which I have a feeling is women only. Always wondered what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be the aforementioned Euston/Cider tap if you mean the tiny places right in front of the bus station :D Definitely not women only - one of my favourite haunts in London :P

dk1

Veteran Member
The Britannia was always one of those pubs I went into & always wondered why I bothered. Must have been the acceptance of the Bite card. Lacked attention to detail/cleanliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.