• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exam season

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
Whne we did our RE papers (or, as we called them, RMPS) we had to learn some random quotes and info to support our opinions, and understand a lot of philosophical theories to boot. Oh, and had some nice sections where we had to say how a certain moral stance can be used to tackle a moral issue.

Basically you have 4 topics to which you have 3 questions under each religion you have been taught. For us that was Christianity. Of course you need some basic knowledge to get the best answer. But most of it is opinions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
:roll: - I was waiting for a reply like that from you.

Now I didn't say I was getting A*s, All I said is you don't really need to revise. Which is true! Most of the test is of opinions.

Pleased not to have disappointed you :)

Bear in mind at the risk of being laughed at for being stupid it is dangerous to brag about how easy a paper is unless you're getting that A ;)

class 313

Established Member
Pleased not to have disappointed you :)

Bear in mind at the risk of being laughed at for being stupid it is dangerous to brag about how easy a paper is unless you're getting that A ;)

I didn't once state it was easy. Just that you didn't have to revise due it being mainly opinion work. Of course different RS tests might need revision as Liam explained. But the ones we did, didn't.

RJ

Established Member
Opinion doesn't actually mean your opinion - it means writing a balanced argument showing multiple views based on knowledge you have gained from the course (and otherwise).

The mark scheme will say something similar, and will probably state topics from the syllabus they wanted you to refer to.

class 313

Established Member
Opinion doesn't actually mean your opinion - it means writing a balanced argument showing multiple views based on knowledge you have gained from the course (and otherwise).

The mark scheme will say something similar, and will probably state topics from the syllabus they wanted you to refer to.

I'm not prepared to take this conversation on but I will just say, my opinion can be used as an answer which was explained to us before the exam.

me123

Established Member
For Class 313...

Below, I underlined what unit I studied and

We had:

Section 1: World Religions (Buddhism or Christianity or Hinduism, or Islam or Judaism or Sikhism)

Q1: Prayer (knowledge) and Easter (is it the most joyful celebration? discuss)
Q2: The Good Samaritan- facts from the story and how it guides Christians.

Section 2: Morailty in the Modern World (Gender, International, Medical Ethics, War and Peace)

Nuclear Weapons; some facts and discuss the viewpoints of religious and non-religious moral stances.

Section 3: Existence of God (Mandatory)

Describe The First Cause Argument, The Big Bang Theory and discuss whether they confirm or reject the existence of a God.

The whole school studied for this exam (unusual in Scotland) and we were given no choice in which units we studied. I couldn't be bothered with it and only got a B :(

Mintona

Established Member
It were SPOPIT when I did it - anyone else use that? (Some people [think], other people [think], I think)
Only exam we used that for was Religious Studies.

Established Member
Good luck to all

I'm in the middle of my finals for my Geography B.A Degree. Had a question about Rural transport yesturday, hammered it on trains :D

Two more this week, then i'm done!

D306

Established Member
Gah! I hated my Literature exam. My mind went blank when I was doing the poetry questions. The OMAM was ok though. I did that in half an hour, and the Poetry took An hour an 10 mins

vc-10

Max, how'd your Geography go? Did you do the investigation paper? I think I did really well on the other parts, but the investigation paper was horrible. There was a question about pie charts for 10 marks, I couldn't think what to write!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Max, how'd your Geography go? Did you do the investigation paper? I think I did really well on the other parts, but the investigation paper was horrible. There was a question about pie charts for 10 marks, I couldn't think what to write!

I didn't do investigation, thankfully got that pointless, rubbish paper out the way in January. Human and physical were mainly good, just the 10 mark question on atmosphere was rather tricky - couldn't really think of much to write. I heard from friends doing resits that the investigation paper was hideous, most of them thought they'd done worse than in January :(

Higher english today was horrific! The close reading part was about the countryside :(, but the essay questions were quite good - Managed Hamlet and Shooting Stars (poem)

I agree with you there for the last close reading question I said that the passage 1 was boring and dull! Essay questions werent much better for me I wrote about the wrong things! Lord of the Flies and Death of a Salesman...so its a resit of that next year!

Accounts on monday, mod stud on thursday and then on the 5th I have 2! Ow fun!

Mintona

Established Member
Hope my Music paper is like that this afternoon. Though I'm on Edexcel, so I won't hold my breath.

D306

Established Member
Flipping OCR say that it was a printing error. I saw them on the back of mine right at the end of the paper though

me123

Established Member
The SQA never did that with mine sadly :( But every music paper I sat had at least five minutes worth of correction notices (Turn to page 3. Where you see the words "Tock Music", please score out and write "Rock Music". Please do this for each question :roll:)

me123

Established Member
So, you did use them ;)

I'd be inclined not to look at them: they wouldn't have necessarily been correct.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's a shame everybody didn't see them. Even if it was only 5%, that mark or two could be the difference between an A and an A* for some (or indeed a pass or a fail). Let's hope the board compensates the pupils in some way, for example, removing the questions from consideration for the final grade, because it's simply unfair that there wasn't a level playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.