• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Adelante now in passenger service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimm

Established Member
Have the buffets on FGW 180s been refurbished to the same standard as HT ones? As they aren't even used it would seem a bit pointless installing any new equipment in them.

Yes, and why is it pointless? Angel Trains presumably wants the sets in similar condition with a view to future use. I don't know whether the buffet set-up on the GC 180s is the same.

A factor in the buffets not being used at the moment is probably that the FGW franchise has less than a year to run. In order to operate the buffets, FGW would have had to take extra stewards on its books and alter the contract with Rail Gourmet for the trolley services that were provided on the Turbos previously used on Oxford/Cotswold services, so it's presumably rather more straightforward at this stage to keep the trolleys.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Hull Trains had additional catering equipment installed in first class so they could serve hot food, as for a while they had very restricted complimentary options before this work was carried out. What this consists of I'm not sure!

They've always had a microwave I believe, don't know if HT have improved on this though.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Does anyone have the Saturday diagrams for the 180s please, if indeed there is one? (I'm trusting they differ slightly from the M-F ones posted before, and the FGW timetable gives nothing away.)

Cheers

jimm

Established Member
Does anyone have the Saturday diagrams for the 180s please, if indeed there is one? (I'm trusting they differ slightly from the M-F ones posted before, and the FGW timetable gives nothing away.)

Cheers

There aren't any weekend diagrams.

180104 has been operational since the start of the month.

trainspotter

180102 has just passed through Taplow into Paddington!! Lookin dam good!!!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
102 must be one of the better units as ot just gone through Taplow again to Maidenhead!!!

Things can only get better ! 103 is out as well!!

Last edited:

trainspotter

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

102 must be one of the better units as ot just gone through Taplow again to Maidenhead!!!

Things can only get better ! 103 is out as well!!

Last nites photos, a little bit grainie but they look ok!!

Attachments

• IMG_0033 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0033 - Copy.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0035 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0035 - Copy.JPG
    397.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0055 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0055 - Copy.JPG
    503.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0056 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0056 - Copy.JPG
    473.7 KB · Views: 106

trainspotter

I guess this may seem a daft question, but do all the 180s stop at Didcot on the way to Oxford and the Cotswold line?

Didcot would be a good place to photo them or even take a ride!!!

Thanks in advance

Rich McLean

Established Member
I guess this may seem a daft question, but do all the 180s stop at Didcot on the way to Oxford and the Cotswold line?

Didcot would be a good place to photo them or even take a ride!!!

Thanks in advance

Most weekday services don't stop at Didcot, but there are a couple that do. I'm sure someone will correct me

TEW

Established Member
Most of the London-Oxford fast services don't but the semi-fast and stopping services worked by 180s in the peaks do generally call at Didcot.

wbm00

to the best of my knowledge, the full set of diagrams is

05.48 Paddington to Worcester FS
08.26 Worcester FS to Paddington
11.20 PAD to Gt Malvern
14.26 Gt Malvern to PAD
17.18 PAD to Oxford
19.31 Oxford to PAD

05.22 PAD to OXF
07.21 OXF to PAD
12.21. PAD to GMV
15.22 GMV to OXF
17.06 OXF to PAD
19.18 PAD to OXF

05.59 Reading to PAD
06.48 PAD to GMV
09.54 GMV to PAD
14.21 PAD to WOF
17.28 WOF to PAD

07.02 OXF to PAD
09.21 PAD to WOF
12.06 WOF to PAD
14.50 PAD to OXF
17.32 OXF to GMV
19.44 GMV to PAD

Brilliant info - thanks for posting. I've been looking for this for a couple of days and FGW customer services didn't know which services are served by the Adelante trains.

Planning to get the 09.54 GMV to PAD so will keep fingers crossed. I hate those old Turbo trains with a passion. :lol:

Anyone know whether the Adelante trains have power points beside seats as the with the refreshed HST units? >> EDIT: Found this link - apparently they do have power sockets: http://www.charlbury.info/news/969

Last edited:

spark001uk

Established Member
They do have mains sockets, yes. Not only that, they have actually put them in a more intelligent place, unlike the hst where you can't plug much into it without it fouling the table!!

Rick1984

Do they get to show there performance much on this service?

Also on plug sockets you only get two for a table of four on any train I've been on. I suppose you don't often have for passengers having to plug in at same time.

TEW

Established Member
Do they get to show there performance much on this service?

Most the trains run on the fast lines Didcot Parkway-London so plenty of 125mph and with a Slough stop as well plenty of chance to show off their acceleration.

wbm00

They do have mains sockets, yes. Not only that, they have actually put them in a more intelligent place, unlike the hst where you can't plug much into it without it fouling the table!!
Thanks, I was looking for any interior pics of the refreshed 180s but couldn't find any so I'll try and take a couple when I'm on (assuming the Adelante is running).

jimm

Established Member
Thanks, I was looking for any interior pics of the refreshed 180s but couldn't find any so I'll try and take a couple when I'm on (assuming the Adelante is running).

Interiors for first and standard class here (with carpets still in protective covering fresh from kilmarnock) - scroll down near bottom of page. Has to be said that in service, standard class does not get antimacassars provided.

http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=6956.420

wbm00

This was just received via email from FGW customer service (I emailed them before posting here):

FGW Customer Relations said:
The following services are diagrammed to be worked by class 180 Adelante trains:

Departing London Paddington

05.22 Paddington to Oxford
05.48 Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
06.48 Paddington to Great Malvern
09.21 Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
11.20 Paddington to Great Malvern
12.20 Paddington to Great Malvern
14.21 Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
14.50 Paddington to Oxford
17.32 Oxford to Great Malvern
17.18 Paddington to Oxford
19.18 Paddington to Oxford

To London Paddington

05.59 Reading to Paddington
07.00 Oxford to Paddington
07.21 Oxford to Paddington
08.26 Worcester Foregate Street to Paddington
09.54 Great Malvern to Paddington
12.06 Worcester Foregate Street to Paddington
14.26 Great Malvern to Paddington
15.22 Great Malvern to Oxford
17.06 Oxford to Paddington
17.28 Worcester Foregate Street to Paddington
19.31 Oxford to Paddington
19.44 Great Malvern to Paddington

Please note that on any given day some services may be formed with a Turbo due to difficulties resourcing 180 trained drivers.

jimm

Established Member
Cheers for posting those diagrams - Came in rather handy this evening chasing those Ada's around (102 & sickly 106 down). :)

All of which I posted, broken down into the four diagrams, two months ago. See page 3.

trainspotter

Hi all

Does anyone know the current times of the Adelantes leaving Paddington bound for Worcester Foregate St? It was Oct last year when i last had chance to photograph them!

Cheers in advance

Chris

Lrd

Established Member
Apart from one or two minor changes they are pretty much the same times.

So at a guess, they are still the same diagrams.

TEW

Established Member
Every train on a Monday-Friday to Worcester or beyond that isn't listed as an HST here is booked for a 180 except for the 0545 Moreton-in-Marsh to Worcester Foregate Street and the 0652 Worcester Foregate Street to Oxford.

trainspotter

Every train on a Monday-Friday to Worcester or beyond that isn't listed as an HST here is booked for a 180 except for the 0545 Moreton-in-Marsh to Worcester Foregate Street and the 0652 Worcester Foregate Street to Oxford.

Thank you!
How many sets are used each day and how many are on the books for FGW

TEW

Established Member
4 used out of 5. None used at weekends though.

spark001uk

Established Member
That's odd, why does the working timetable on realtime trains still show all the GMV adelante stock services in the week as 165/166 turbos?

Lrd

Established Member
That's odd, why does the working timetable on realtime trains still show all the GMV adelante stock services in the week as 165/166 turbos?
Probably timed for a Turbo just in case one turns up, it will then still be able to keep to time.

spark001uk

Established Member
Probably timed for a Turbo just in case one turns up, it will then still be able to keep to time.

Ye i kinda guessed that may be the case, anyhow its only really 125mph between pad and did, and they stop at slo as well as rdg, so they wouldnt go too far ahead of time i guess.

TEW

Established Member
The timings haven't changed since they were booked for Turbos and it does make sense to time them for Turbos as they are substituted for one fairly frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.