• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western - Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KT530

I applied for the latest vacancies and heard today have been invited to assessments next Wednesday in Reading. Good luck to everyone who's applied

Red18

I applied for the latest vacancies and heard today have been invited to assessments next Wednesday in Reading. Good luck to everyone who's applied

Is this for the application that closed on the 3rd May?
if so then that was pretty quick.

KT530

Hi Red - Yes, i think it closed around 5th May time, the latest round of vacancies for Reading, Bristol, Paddington, Oxford etc.

Red18

Hi Red - Yes, i think it closed around 5th May time, the latest round of vacancies for Reading, Bristol, Paddington, Oxford etc.

That has to be some kind of record, I'm amazed.:shock:
Good though.

rob12

Hi I have also been invited to reading even though I applied for oxford but oxford/reading/outer Mongolia............. im there:lol:

I have a question they have sent full practice materials through to me and clearly the email states that I will sit on the day concentration test and trp 1&2 no mention of the driver fault finder??

I applied last year for Manchester and got through to take the driver fault finder tests with no mention at that time of actually taking the full part 1 train driver assessments and no practice material sent to me, when I phoned and asked about the practice material the lady told me I am not getting any as this is just a preliminary sifting processes to sort the wheat from the chaff, I took one test on that day the DFF and then we all went home and awaited our results. Two weeks later I got an email not saying I had failed but that I hadn't got through and they would encourage me to apply again. So my question is do I not need to sit the DFF again because I have already taken it?? or will I have to take it again but they have just not mentioned it and then they spring it on us as a further test???

Any genuine info would help guys because last time I got myself down about not getting through and the DFF is kind of giving me the hebi jeebies cheers

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Hi I have also been invited to reading even though I applied for oxford but oxford/reading/outer Mongolia............. im there:lol:

I have a question they have sent full practice materials through to me and clearly the email states that I will sit on the day concentration test and trp 1&2 no mention of the
I applied last year for Manchester and got through to take the driver fault finder tests with no mention at that time of actually taking the full part 1 train driver assessments and no practice material sent to me, when I phoned and asked about the practice material the lady told me I am not getting any as this is just a preliminary sifting processes to sort the wheat from the chaff, I took one test on that day the DFF and then we all went home and awaited our results. Two weeks later I got an email not saying I had failed but that I hadn't got through and they would encourage me to apply again. So my question is do I not need to sit the DFF again because I have already taken it?? or will I have to take it again but they have just not mentioned it and then they spring it on us as a further test???

Any genuine info would help guys because last time I got myself down about not getting through and the DFF is kind of giving me the hebi jeebies cheers

I don't think FGW do DFFT or Mech test mate, first stage is GBT and trainability

TDK

Established Member

I have a question they have sent full practice materials through to me and clearly the email states that I will sit on the day concentration test and trp 1&2 no mention of the driver fault finder??

Reading maybe the assessment centre and Oxford the depot?

SND150

I haven't heard either :( Hoping the wait is not too long as I understand some applicants for other locations have heard

Red18

I imagine they had a ridiculous amount of applications to go through so I assume they will do them one depot at a time.
I suppose it will also depend on which training courses are due to start first.

fabdasilva

iv just been invited to attend the first-stage assessment for the role of Trainee Train Driver with First Great Western, can anyone share any advice on whats expected? thanks

anthony263

Established Member
My application is still showing awaiting shortlisting so I am keeping my fingers crossed that my luck is with me.

I have made sure to do a good bit of research and practicing in the meantime.

Good luck to those of you who have been called to the acessment centre.

svrdan

Guys, check your inbox's. Had a invite from FGW to an assesment day. (Bristol Deopt)

SkinnyDave

Established Member
So have I but I've already passed them privately last May..

I must have had a borderline pass somewhere

MR_P

So have I but I've already passed them privately last May..

I must have had a borderline pass somewhere

Not neccessarily - I had passed with a different TOC, no borderlines, but got invited to do assements. I emailed them the details, which they then checked up and confirmed I did not need to 'resit'.

col76

Well guys its the first time ive posted on here so I hope I'm posting in the rite place,Just to let u all know first great western are sifting through applications for the bristol depot as I've had an email earlier on today for the closing date, 5th may 2013.... All the best to those who are sitting tight anxiously waiting...;)

Last edited:

anthony263

Established Member
Just received the email from First Great Western Inviting me to the asessment Centre on 3rd June at 08:45.

carlejo

I've got invite for Bristol as well. I've passed assessment recently with ATW, with good and very good pass marks. I'm confused as to why I have to do it again?

SkinnyDave

Established Member
I've got invite for Bristol as well. I've passed assessment recently with ATW, with good and very good pass marks. I'm confused as to why I have to do it again?

Calejo phone them mate, they are checking my results but may not get back to me until Monday

anthony263

Established Member
Had a look on google maps for the location of the Bristol Hotel just to check it was where I thought it was.

It is located near the harbourside not far from where they hold the harbourside bus rally in Bristol and it is only a 15 minutes walk from Bristol Temple Meads.

Status
Not open for further replies.