• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western - Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rob12

I am not having a go here but, The fact anybody needs advice on how to dress is a bit of a puzzle to me and it's not the first time I have read this either?? What makes anybody think they can rock up for a job or assessments and be in casual wear? I think it shows what character and type of man you are and how you view the world with regards to how you dress at a job interview if I was going for a job stacking shelves at Tesco I would turn up looking like I just walked out of a next suit catalogue with my shoes so shiny you could use them as a mirror, It shows character and strength and having employed people many people in life I would always choose the suited and booted over some half arsed fella who can't be bothered to make the effort and if you haven't got a suit hire one or buy a tie a crisp shirt and some smart pants. James

Chrisdc144

Hi all

Been a lurker on here since april, when I originally applied for the trainee train driver position for Paddington. I finally had my DM manager interview yesterday and received a phone call today to say I was successful and that they will be making a conditional offer of employment!! They said it will be another 2 weeks or so when I have the medical.

Also, I applied for the Southern Railways position of trainee train driver and I had my DM interview last friday but I am still waiting to hear from then!!

Good luck to all still in the process!

Chris

Downtheline

Hi all

Been a lurker on here since april, when I originally applied for the trainee train driver position for Paddington. I finally had my DM manager interview yesterday and received a phone call today to say I was successful and that they will be making a conditional offer of employment!! They said it will be another 2 weeks or so when I have the medical.

Also, I applied for the Southern Railways position of trainee train driver and I had my DM interview last friday but I am still waiting to hear from then!!

Good luck to all still in the process!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Great feeling eh ! I got my call last Thursday. Congratulations !

I'm waiting the medical too.

Ian

Chrisdc144

Hi Chris,

Great feeling eh ! I got my call last Thursday. Congratulations !

I'm waiting the medical too.

Ian

Hi Ian

When they told me I was successful, I couldn't help but shout yes and I was at work at the time. Go a few weird looks!! What depot did you apply for?

Chris

Downtheline

Hi Ian

When they told me I was successful, I couldn't help but shout yes and I was at work at the time. Go a few weird looks!! What depot did you apply for?

Chris

Reading. You? Will DM you when it lets me, I think you need to do a few more posts first maybe.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Congrats Sikes, which dept are you heading for?
Sorry just read back a little bit on thread, Paddington

Congrats again

Last edited:

Chrisdc144

Hi all

In regards to my last post, where I said I was still waiting for Southern railways to get back to me, well they called me at work today and offered me a conditional offer of employment!! They also gave me a start date of 11th November.

To say I am pleased is an understatement. Just have to decide who to go with, FGW or Southern. Cannot believe that I have been successful!!

There is hope for everyone.

Chris

Downtheline

Chris,

Blimey, go and buy lottery tickets !
Mmmm, two offers one person, musing on how long a career an identity thief could get away with ;)

So Chris, which way will you jump?

Hi all

In regards to my last post, where I said I was still waiting for Southern railways to get back to me, well they called me at work today and offered me a conditional offer of employment!! They also gave me a start date of 11th November.

To say I am pleased is an understatement. Just have to decide who to go with, FGW or Southern. Cannot believe that I have been successful!!

There is hope for everyone.

Chris

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Pee in cup for drugs and diabetes
Breathalyser test
Eye test
Hearing test
Mobility test
Blood pressure test
ECG

ultra4

Hi
Is anyone attending a 10 o'clock assessment on Thu 17.10.13 at Reading (FGW)?

Downtheline

Not on the drugs test no, but everything else they told me was fine

Excellent! I am still awaiting a date for mine. :(. Hopefully not long, I want that bit of paper with "contract" on it in my hands :) and a start date now.
Itching to get going!

I did have a medical when I started in the ticket office, so I know the score, but I think this one is a bit more thorough.

Update when I hear.

Chrisdc144

Just received an email saying my medical is booked in for the 30th of this month. Just want to get it over and done with.

Chris

Downtheline

Just received an email saying my medical is booked in for the 30th of this month. Just want to get it over and done with.

Chris

Hi Chris,
I just got a letter, medical next Tu 22nd Oct in Bristol.
Mmm this could be a roster juggling challenge for my DSM!
Fingers crossed, we have 2 on leave that day already!

ianrambo1981

Assessment centre today, a mixed bag felt I did good on everything except the TRP Part 1. How are results compiled? Does anybody known if it is an overall score or is it for each test? Apart from that I felt I did pretty well. New tests introduced in October were straightforward as well.

mickeyjenson!

Any clue as to what the new test's were as I've got mine on the 23rd. Would be a great help, cheers Mike.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Just out of curiosity if your blood sugar is high or indictes type 2 diabetes is that an immediate fail? Cheers.

welshjpc

Has anybody who has applied for Oxford heard back from DM interview yet? I st mine on the 27th of September and the wait is getting worse the nearer to the end of this torturous process.......

Status
Not open for further replies.