• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western - Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covo23

Same people. If it is DS then I don't need to bother re-applying for a new one

I tried that one but mine was a year ago. As long as its no more than 3 months old I think they will accept the one you already have. Email it to Alice and see what she says.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tlionhart

Mine is only a couple of weeks old as I needed it recently to renew my work ID. I still have a medical to go (next week)
Then will contact them about the disclosure. Saves time re-applying again.

Johncleesefan

Ah man there goes my plan of using mine from one year ago. Last time I did it I used new Zealand as one of my address coz I lived there a year. Would I need to put exactly what I put last time. Baal ache writing to the embassy

oxoneil

Hi, thank you, they phoned I think 2nd Feb had medical week later, not an internal applicant.

They really cut in fine with notice periods don't they? I know some people will just say "sod it, just leave anyway" but I don't think the police will accept that kind of approach :) , 28 days for me and I'm not handing mine** in until I know I've passed everything.

** - assuming they ever phone me of course ;)

tlionhart

They really cut in fine with notice periods don't they? I know some people will just say "sod it, just leave anyway" but I don't think the police will accept that kind of approach :) , 28 days for me and I'm not handing mine** in until I know I've passed everything.

Hahahaha
Still some time to go, you never know!

russmcp

If you're a copper and have any Al or rdil you can use this so even though you give a months notice if you have days in the bank you can use them to go earlier

oxoneil

If you're a copper and have any Al or rdil you can use this so even though you give a months notice if you have days in the bank you can use them to go earlier

Yeah I realise that (not saying that in a sarcy way by the way), have you answered that from personal experience or you just know someone else who took the same career path as I'm hoping to?

russmcp

Yeah I realise that (not saying that in a sarcy way by the way), have you answered that from personal experience or you just know someone else who took the same career path as I'm hoping to?

Personal experience.

oxoneil

It has been confirmed to me that normal practice is for candidates to be selected for courses for particular depots by FGW in order of performance rather than how long they have been waiting thanks

PS that said I think some candidates had already passed medicals were put on hold and have now filled course vacancies but could be wrong

And not knowing how you performed doesn't help with keeping your hopes in perspective does it? For all I know I may have just scraped through and in reality not be in with any chance of being offered a place.

Johncleesefan

Well that's the medical done and dusted. Just wait for drug test results but haven't had anything so should come back fine. Anyone heard back from theirs yet? What happens next. Contract in the post please!!!!

Driverb

Well that's the medical done and dusted. Just wait for drug test results but haven't had anything so should come back fine. Anyone heard back from theirs yet? What happens next. Contract in the post please!!!!

You will get a welcome email with a link to there website asking you to fill in forms and send back ie references, disclosure scotland and other things, I got mine Friday past all set to go now on the 16th March. Can not wait.

Feeesh

LTV/EAST

d_kingscott -OXFORD
Oxoneil -OXFORD
SMUDGE -OXFORD
Run1nstar -PADDINGTON
Mightyirons77 -PADDINGTON

WEST

Maybe -BRISTOL
Ml -BRISTOL
Skjonesfamily -GLOUCESTER
Fgr_FGW -GLOUCESTER

STILL WAITING TO PROGRESS TO THE NEXT STAGE

Termy -PADDINGTON • Awaiting DM Interview/results for stage 2
Donachie -PADDINGTON • Awaiting stage 2

At the moment that's how the list stands.
(Which I'll update if any lurkers decide to register and post to the forum, or I've accidentally missed someone out)

I'm a driver at Reading.

VW

Got a call from Mandy saying I passed the Medical and that the contract will be arriving next week. I can't stop smiling now :D.

Johncleesefan

Same here vw.?????? I had to pinch myself yet again.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Eeeeeeeee ?????????????????? just had the email. Gone in my account to formally accept the offer. Welcome aboard ??????

JimmyJones

Anyone heard back about Bristol yet or Gloucester yet?

I've heard that there's a possible start training date of Mid-April, but no one who has been offered a conditional place pending medical has heard back yet. Although it seems that based on these forum posts, HR appear to be ringing back based on which training course dates start first, e.g. RDG, PAD being before Mid-April etc?

-Rob

Anyone heard back about Bristol yet or Gloucester yet?

There is a course in April for West Drivers including Gloucester and Bristol.

I can also confirm that there are internal candidates both from Gloucester and Bristol, for Gloucester and Bristol positions.

There is a lot more going on at the training school in Bristol this year, that I can assure you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.