• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gingerbus1991

The 19, 41 and 46 are completely different routes but I think presently the 46 changes to 19 at Easterhouse and 19 changes to 19A in the city centre and the same in reverse.

The 1 family of routes are surely better to stay at Dumbarton as it is a small depot and would manage the service better than Scotstoun or Caledonia.
They could certainly come up with a better numbering strategy for these west of glasgow routes, A, B, C, D, E and so on...so much for SimpliCity!

Bus Lightyear

No plans for the 1s to go to scotstoun

Until we see a press release or a list of service changes there are no plans to do anything.

The way some folk are talking on this forum would have you believe that First Glasgow are looking to slash and burn.

Bus Lightyear

They could certainly come up with a better numbering strategy for these west of glasgow routes, A, B, C, D, E and so on...so much for SimpliCity!
I don't find it that difficult. The 1-1A to Balloch, 1B to Helensburgh, 1C to Drumchapel and 1D to Mountblow. Although not the easiest timetable for the common Joe to understand I would say.

lastbus

Until we see a press release or a list of service changes there are no plans to do anything.

The way some folk are talking on this forum would have you believe that First Glasgow are looking to slash and burn.
I know for a fact the 1 is not going to Scotstoun.

lastbus

• PM0000001/601 Cancelled
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

Route: Airdrie Broomknoll Street to Maxim via Newhouse

Service number: 2 ()

Service type: Normal Stopping

Effective date: 17 Aug 2019
    • PM0000006/433 Registered
      FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD

Route: Airdrie, Broomknoll Street to Maxim Business Park via Chapelhall

Service number: 202 ()

Effective date: 19 Aug 2019

smtglasgow

Hard to see anyone else stepping in to do a Monklands – Glasgow service commercially. That’s a link with a long history (back to tram days, I suppose). Very sad, but the buses have been dead for years, so no surprise. It’s the usual problem – the trains have had a fortune spent on them and the buses get hee-haw. Back about 2001 the old 260 was every 12 minutes and carried decent loads, but it was up against knackered old diesels on the Whifflet line.

Bus Lightyear

Hard to see anyone else stepping in to do a Monklands – Glasgow service commercially. That’s a link with a long history (back to tram days, I suppose). Very sad, but the buses have been dead for years, so no surprise. It’s the usual problem – the trains have had a fortune spent on them and the buses get hee-haw. Back about 2001 the old 260 was every 12 minutes and carried decent loads, but it was up against knackered old diesels on the Whifflet line.

Best to hang fire just now because that information doesn't prove that there will no longer be a Monklands to Glasgow service.

I would assume the 202 will be run out of Overtown or Blantyre being an FG No.2 route.

alangla

Is this not just the extensions from Airdrie to Maxim Park being split onto another registration? Reliability must have been awful on that service with it coming all the way from Faifley

lastbus

Best to hang fire just now because that information doesn't prove that there will no longer be a Monklands to Glasgow service.

I would assume the 202 will be run out of Overtown or Blantyre being an FG No.2 route.
The 2 has been re-registered from Faifley to Baillieston only.

• PM0000001/34 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

Route: Faifley Turning Circle, to Baillieston, Caledonia Road

Effective date: 18 Aug 2019
I expect more changes will appear tomorrow or Monday.

Overtown will operate the 202.

• PM0000001/9 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

Route: Partick Bus Station to Parkhead, Helenvale Street

Service number: 8 (8A)

Service type: Circular, Normal Stopping

FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

• PM0000001/7 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

Route: Croofur, Clarkston Tolll, Cathcart, Charing Cross to Eaglesham, Strathaven Rd or Newton Mearns, Harvie Ave

Service number: 4 (404, 4A, 4B)

• PM0000006/183 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD

Route: Glasgow, (City Centre, Holland Street) to East Kilbride, Greenhills via Rutherglen

Service number: 18 ()

• PM0000001/310 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

Route: Glasgow Buchanan Bus Station to Glasgow Airport via City Centre

Service number: 500 ()

• PM0000006/225 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD

Route: East Kilbride Bus Station to South Lanarkshire College

Service number: 120 ()

• PM0000001/604 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

Route: Battlefield or Cathcart to Williamwood High School via Clarkston

Service number: 404 ()

• PM0000001/542 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

Route: Blairdardie, Great Western Road to Arrival Square, Q E U Hospital via Anniesland, Partick

Service number: 16 ()

overthewater

Established Member
If First comes out of Kirkwood Mcgills will be Happy.

PM0000006/433 Registered
FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
Route: Airdrie, Broomknoll Street to Maxim Business Park via Chapelhall
Service number: 202 ()

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
The 2 has been re-registered from Faifley to Baillieston only.

FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD

I expect more changes will appear tomorrow or Monday.

Overtown will operate the 202.

The Baillieston - Airdrie section evening service was cut a good few years ago. Even during the day I don’t think it’s especially busy. Most people tend to get the train or those who stay on are using it to get to either Morrison’s/Swinton or Bargeddie. Anything after that must surely be locals using it for a few stops to get them around Coatbridge/Airdrie but it’s never in huge numbers.

Would it be an option to extend the 38E to Airdrie or even Bargeddie again? That way they’re keeping a link in but making the service less frequent than current and avoiding inconsistencies with the 2 coming from Faifley. Then again First explored this many years ago with the 213 and there must have been a reason for them to cap it given train links at Bargeddie are far better than they used to be with the electrification of the Whifflet line.

lastbus

• PM0000006/423 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD

Route: Shotts or Newmains, West Crindledyke to Hamilton Bus Station via Wishaw, Motherwell

Service number: 266 ()

266 appears to still be going to shotts after the service change

SarahDFIG

• PM0000006/423 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD

Route: Shotts or Newmains, West Crindledyke to Hamilton Bus Station via Wishaw, Motherwell

Service number: 266 ()

266 appears to still be going to shotts after the service change
might not be since the 240 registration still says Pather/Carluke I believe.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Does anyone know if First Glasgow are receiving any new stock towards the end of the year like rumoured?

Or whether it’ll be into next year as planned. Glasgow seems to have received most of its new stock very early on in the year rather than it being spread out hence why I’m asking. Still B10BLEs and B7Ls to be replaced and the B7TLs and B7RLEs aren’t getting any younger...

Volvodart

Established Member
I do not think they currently have sufficient to meet this year's target for buses used inside the low emissions zone. Including last year's it would be around 250 in total needed (unless these numbers have changed since the scheme was originally announced).

Last edited:

lastbus

Does anyone know if First Glasgow are receiving any new stock towards the end of the year like rumoured?

Or whether it’ll be into next year as planned. Glasgow seems to have received most of its new stock very early on in the year rather than it being spread out hence why I’m asking. Still B10BLEs and B7Ls to be replaced and the B7TLs and B7RLEs aren’t getting any younger...

I do not think they currently have sufficient to meet this year's target for buses used inside the low emissions zone. Including last year's it would be around 250 in total needed (unless these numbers have changed since the scheme was originally announced).

There is a PVR cut coming in August and they could also convert buses if required. I was told there would be no more new buses bar the two electric ones until what is happening with the company is sorted out don’t know how true that is though.

Volvodart

Established Member
Could be longer depending on what happens with ownership and lead times for new orders.

SarahDFIG

An order should have started to arrive Oct/Nov but was held due to the current situation with the company. 2 electric vehicles will still be coming 100% but yes we are looking at March onwards next year for new vehicles at this current time

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I think this may have come at an awkward time as there is a lot of uncertainty regarding First at the moment but LEZ targets are still required to be met so it must be difficult.